Pelicans Report

Thread: Sterling to sue NBA...What happens to Clips???

Question Sterling to sue NBA...What happens to Clips???

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ing-to-sue-nba

This doesn't come as a surprise to me at all, But I wonder what will happen if this is dragged out. Doc has already said that he doesn't want to coach the team if Sterling is there. Does CP3 and Blake make trade request? Does any free agents consider joining the Clips???

What a mess!!!

The Clippers will remain under Sterling's ownership until the court(s) determines otherwise...which could mean years and millions of dollars. I imagine Sterling might challenge every single vote/edicts the NBA owners issue. It would be cheaper and easier to let the free market run him out of town. Let him own the team - no sponsors, no ticket sales, players and coaches abandon the team, at some point he has to get tired of writing checks with no revenue stream - I know he could care less about winning so that wouldn't get him to concede.

He will die before this is settled and since his family members aren't banned, the franchise will go to them.

But the ban was great PR and made the Commissioner look strong. Mission accomplished.
    @mcnamara247

True to all points above. I hope he goes at the NBA hard. It makes for good tv and ESPN has to carry this story causing a black eye on a team they are trying to sell hard core. Have fun selling spoiled fruit.

You need to dissolve the team. That's how you solve the problem.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Switch the t wolves and the clips teams sans corey brewer and dieng.

Banned
    Move the team to Pittsburgh, why the **** does LA have two teams.

I know Silver said he wouldn't consider it but I believe it is within the NBA rules for the commissioner or board to be able release all of the players from the Clippers which kills the teams value making Sterling continue to lose money until he sells. The question was brought up at the conference and Silver said that would not happen but if Sterling brings this to court & refuses to sell it will be interesting to see what happens

Silver was looked at as such a hero after his "decision." There was no decision. The players gave him one choice and only one choice to make. I dont think he cares if this drags out for 10 years, as long as it stopped the meltdown that was going to happen if he didnt appear tough. Like I said, Sterling will die before this gets settled and maybe whoever he leaves it to sells, maybe they dont. But this was all a show for people to feel better about the bad man being sent away. Dont expect any change of ownership anytime in the next few years, if ever.

So has Sterling's woman of the night been busted yet for wire tapping, or did that not occur?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So has Sterling's woman of the night been busted yet for wire tapping, or did that not occur?
    Do you read or do you just comment on based on headlines. Sterling has already admitted privately that the voice on the tapes were his. He had his assistant, V. Stiviano, record his conversations so because he was becoming forgetful and he wanted her to "coach" him on how to be more presentable. After Shelly Sterling found out he was keeping her, she sued her for 1.8 million dollars the amount Sterling had dropped on her for cars, rent, etc. As part of the discovery process for the lawsuit V. Stiviano turned over everything work related (aka Donald Sterling related) to her attorney's as part of the discovery process. At that point, the tapes were leaked. Read Buddy. Read.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Do you read or do you just comment on based on headlines. Sterling has already admitted privately that the voice on the tapes were his. He had his assistant, V. Stiviano, record his conversations so because he was becoming forgetful and he wanted her to "coach" him on how to be more presentable. After Shelly Sterling found out he was keeping her, she sued her for 1.8 million dollars the amount Sterling had dropped on her for cars, rent, etc. As part of the discovery process for the lawsuit V. Stiviano turned over everything work related (aka Donald Sterling related) to her attorney's as part of the discovery process. At that point, the tapes were leaked. Read Buddy. Read.
    Thanks for the heads up. Next time I wont ask questions on a message board where people go to ask questions.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Next time I wont ask questions on a message board where people go to ask questions.
    Honestly, I should take my own advice. I did not read the "or did that not occur" part of your post.

oops. :-/

#ithappens
    #np
    #geauxaustinrivers

I said this early in the other thread. Didn't think they could just make him sell.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information