Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All-Star Game Predictions

Tony Parker is having a really good year, not sure what Baron and Arenas numbers are though

Pretty much based on numbers (Not team standing), my picks and runner ups for the west:

Centers
    Emeka Okafor
    Alonzo Mourning

Keon Clark
    Rasho Nesterovic

PF
    Tim Duncan
    Elton Brand

Antoine Walker
    Carlos Boozer

SF
    Carmelo Anthony
    Glenn Robinson

Tracy McGrady
    Keith Van Horn

SG
    Ray Allen
    Joe Johnson

Michael Finley
    Dwyane Wade

PG
    Chris Paul
    Steve Francis

Stephon Marbury
    Mike Bibby
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I go away for a few hours watching a disappointing Iron Man 3 and all this happens.

I did all my talking in the offseason. Gonna let the sims play itself out. Until I'm in first in the Midwest Division, I have nothing else to say other than how my team is underachieving and I take full responsibility.

Damn Grizzlies.

Damn Grizzlies.

Damn Grizzlies.

Damn Grizzlies.

I'm sorry, I just love that so much. It's not like you're that far behind

Can't believe Kenyon gettin no love. Guess his stats are just outside of the rest of those guys. It's a shame for him if he doesn't make it He's having his best season of his career.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    So Rasheed Wallace contract stops him from being an all-star?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

If Jefferson rebounded better, he would be a candidate.

But I agree with Loco's list. Especially since he has two Rockets starting and I can always use the points.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Tony Parker is having a really good year, not sure what Baron and Arenas numbers are though
    A lot better

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    Can't believe Kenyon gettin no love. Guess his stats are just outside of the rest of those guys. It's a shame for him if he doesn't make it He's having his best season of his career.
    I had him as 8th statistically speaking. Everyone I have above him is averaging 20 PPG and only one person has less than the 9.9 RPG he averages (Al Jefferson). He does have the most (or near it) blocks though for PFs

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    So Rasheed Wallace contract stops him from being an all-star?
    No, but KG, Amare, and Pau do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    No, but KG, Amare, and Pau do.
    Beat me to it lol

I think everyone is missing the point that their are only 10 spots and each of us thinks we have a guy that deserves it. (Not me to clarify)

It is not an insult to your team if a guy doesn't make it on someone's predictions. The sim decides, not the owners. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath when other owners make their predictions on the season or results. They are all just as full of sh*t as you are so it should be a fun shot in the dark, not an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    I think everyone is missing the point that their are only 10 spots and each of us thinks we have a guy that deserves it. (Not me to clarify)

It is not an insult to your team if a guy doesn't make it on someone's predictions. The sim decides, not the owners. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath when other owners make their predictions on the season or results. They are all just as full of sh*t as you are so it should be a fun shot in the dark, not an insult.

NO NO NO BULL****!!! If someone doesn't pick MY ****ING GUY as a god damn all star, they have disrespected ME, MY TEAM, MY GENERAL MANAGERSHIP, THE SANCTITY OF THIS LEAGUE, MY MOM, AND HAVE BASICALLY SHAT ON EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE THIS SEASON AND SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THIS LEAGUE!! Don't try to force feed me that BULL**** Tray!

Hee-Hee
    Last edited by LoCo89; 05-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    And by the way im only half joking so dont take the comments above to seriously haha... Its all fun and games man i am joining up with pelicans78 being the most cocky team in the league
    Hope so let me know if you're serious though.

Just in case you were looking for one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	4900
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 05-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post

NO NO NO BULL****!!! If someone doesn't pick MY ****ING GUY as a god damn all star, they have disrespected ME, MY TEAM, MY GENERAL MANAGERSHIP, THE SANCTITY OF THIS LEAGUE, MY MOM, AND HAVE BASICALLY SHAT ON EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE THIS SEASON AND SINCE THE INCEPTION OF THIS LEAGUE!! Don't try to force feed me that BULL**** Tray!

Hee-Hee
    RAGE QUIT!!!

What's funny about some people who are getting "upset" (just joking of course) is that I would argue this league isn't edgy enough. People have been fairly polite most of the time. Why are people getting their feelings hurt when the podcast says they don't think they are a top 4 team, or if the all-star prediction doesn't pick my two best players? No one is saying you suck.

(Well...except for Balls. He pretty much threw that out there with the ribs comment.)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    I thought the self-fellatio comment was amusing and pretty accurate. My first season, last season, I didn't notice you really saying too much. I don't remember what your record was but I just don't remember you as one of the more active GMs(when I say active I mean posting on the sim forum a lot). But this year.....you started off hot and you seriously won't shut-up about it. The words arrogant and obnoxious come to mind. I think he was just expressing the same sentiment that I'm sure other GMs feel as well. The whole "My team is always disrespected and I deserve to be knelt before now" is just kinda annoying. Just let your team do the talking. Balls and other GMs who are always at the top don't go around tooting their own horn on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure that where the comment came from, from I could be wrong of course.

Oh and I'm only half joking as well...haha And you've surpassed Pelicans78, trust me.
    Awesome job buddy

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Hope so let me know if you're serious though.

Just in case you were looking for one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	4900
    Yes! Thank-you for your approval.... thats all I was looking for!

Onto other news, Sorry to Pelicans78, didn't realize how good Carmelo was this year. He should be starting SF out west.

I am the best GM ever my posts are all fact and 100 percent correct. There are a lot of dumb GMs like Ballsohard when offer a good deal for both sides like Ernest Brown for Old man Duncan he turns down. Don't you know EB is a future MVP center at age 26?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Is there any room in this convo for me to fellate myself about Arenas? Or the fact that Warriors keeps forgetting about me when saying Pacers are right on Hornets tail???

^^ You know I got love for the Bucks too. Your right there also, I like the Pacers a little more,but I got you and them 2/3 behind Hornets. Honestly, I like the Hornets more than my team, I like the Pacers more than my team and I like your team more than my team. I like my team more than anyone out West though...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I am the best GM ever my posts are all fact and 100 percent correct. There are a lot of dumb GMs like Ballsohard when offer a good deal for both sides like Ernest Brown for Old man Duncan he turns down. Don't you know EB is a future MVP center at age 26?
    You forgot the "haha just joking". So we can be sure of course.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Awesome job buddy
    Thanks! I thought so too!

As long as I continue to rule Texas, I'm ok.....

But, Texas is in the Midwest division, and I own the Midwest, so technically...

Nice subtle shot sir. I'm on your heels though, kinda

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    But, Texas is in the Midwest division, and I own the Midwest, so technically...
    Hmmmm

DAMN YOU GRIZZLIES!!!!

The Grizzlies are the best team in the west right now. Highest winning percentage and they have the best point differential in the league by far. And this may be one of their weakest teams in awhile. Still, they're getting the job done. However I plan on taking both games against them this sim. I'll be content with a split. If I lose both, I'm just gonna lie in bed during the All-Star break.

Also, can't wait for the Mavs to come into town. They always make good warm up sessions in preparing for key games.

Thread Information