Pelicans Report

Thread: Portland TrailBlazer's Presser

Portland TrailBlazer's Presser

*Crickets* *Crickets*

Inner_GI: I want to preface this presser with some thoughts on the off season. Free Agency was a huge disappointment. I can say we went after quite a few players, but I was unwilling to hurt our future for aging vets. We were targeting a 6th man and help in the front court.

I am very happy to present our first round draft pick Marcin Gortat. Marcin will be in the starting lineup from the start, and we, as a team, are willing to let him grow in that role. We are not expecting the world from him, but after two off season, I hope he can be an inside presence.

Any questions? Any angry rants on how pathetic this off season was?

Joe Detroit, self-employed, Who were your main targets?

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Joe Detroit, self-employed, Who were your main targets?
    Inner_GI: Kevin Garnet was a pipe dream, but I tried to get him, but was only looking for a 4-5 year deal. Rasheed Wallace was then #2, but the Hawks paid about 40 million more than I wanted to invest in Rasheed. I only was looking to add him for 1-2 years to play PF. I did target Antonio Daniels to be my 6th man playing the PG and SG, but I got Eisley instead to fulfill that role for me. All, in all, it was a learning experience. Other teams are more willing to pay big money, I wasn't at this time. Next season will be different.

Thread Information