Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Who would you have in the starting lineup next season? Gordon or Vasquez?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gordon

13 81.25%
  • Vasquez

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who would you have in the starting lineup next season? Gordon or Vasquez

Gordon on the lineup and Vasquez off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Well I was going to have a poll to make it simple, but I posted it before I made the poll accidently.

Now it won't let me add one, so maybe a Mod could help me out.

Poll added.

Neither, but again if I have to choose one Vasquez. For me Gordon should be moved as soon as a respectable deal is in place. I feel the longer we keep Gordon the less we'll get for him.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Neither, but again if I have to choose one Vasquez. For me Gordon should be moved as soon as a respectable deal is in place. I feel the longer we keep Gordon the less we'll get for him.
    I can't wrap my head around this position. The only way Gordon's value goes any direction other than up is if he gets re-injured - no more likely than any once-injured-knee player like cp rondo rose granger griffin or whoever. Those teams are going to get full value in a trade unless their player is forcing their way out. Theres no justifiable reason to rush/settle for a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    I can't wrap my head around this position. The only way Gordon's value goes any direction other than up is if he gets re-injured - no more likely than any once-injured-knee player like cp rondo rose granger griffin or whoever. Those teams are going to get full value in a trade unless their player is forcing their way out. Theres no justifiable reason to rush/settle for a trade.
    He has an opt out clause going into year 4. So he'll have that hanging over the franchise's head the following year. So if we trade him next year that other team only has Gordon locked up for the rest of that year and the following year.

You gloss over the potential of him getting injured again like he hasn't every year for the past 4 seasons. Another injury plagued season will kill his trade value IMO. This is not even mentioning if he has problem with the team or his production isn't consistent. In order for Gordon stock to raise everything has to go prefect. With his history all it takes is for one thing to go wrong and his value will take a hit.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 04-12-2013 at 03:59 PM.

I just think it's far to soon to trade Gordon for scraps. He's going into the offseason healthy for once. Let's get a PG who can push the pace and penetrate, then we'll see what Gordon is capable of. I'm willing to keep him and risk another injury. I think the risk is worth the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I just think it's far to soon to trade Gordon for scraps. He's going into the offseason healthy for once. Let's get a PG who can push the pace and penetrate, then we'll see what Gordon is capable of. I'm willing to keep him and risk another injury. I think the risk is worth the reward.
    This once again is implying that all we can get for Gordon are scraps. Next how long does it take to realize the guy gets hurt every year. He's going into the off season healthy because he wasn't healthy coming into the season. Not to mention DNP's in back to back games.

Thread Information