Pelicans Report

Thread: Who do you want the Saints to draft in the first?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Saints Who do you want the Saints to draft in the first?

Who do you want the Saints to pick at #15 in this years draft?

Who do you want the Saints to draft in the first?

I'd like them to draft up a restricted contract for Brees.

On a serious note, I'd like a pass rusher. Jarvis Jones or mingo will do.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Agreed 100%

Though I must admit, and I wouldn't dare say this on SR, if those two are gone I wouldn't be upset with Patterson or Austin. Having dynamic receivers like those two guys would be great.

Restructured *

Oh thank god we can talk saints here.. I can't stand saints report. I'd love jones. Mingo. Or star if they drop back. Dion jones would be ideal but he's a top 5 pick now. I like Austin but I really want help on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Agreed 100%

Though I must admit, and I wouldn't dare say this on SR, if those two are gone I wouldn't be upset with Patterson or Austin. Having dynamic receivers like those two guys would be great.
    I can't get behind drafting an offensive player outside of a tackle in the first 5 rounds lol.

That depends, I'm not big on reaching for someone just because they play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    That depends, I'm not big on reaching for someone just because they play defense.
    There's so many players that its really hard to consider someone a reach unless we take honey badger or something in the first. Take a de that's projected in the 4th versus a wideout in the 4th, we've gotta take the de, (or cb or ss or ilb or dt lol). I think next year we can reload some offensive weapons.

Mingo is not the pick. Dion Jordan sure has climb up the boards quite rapidly unfortunately.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I wouldn't mind the Saints looking at that kid Xavier who plays CB. That's only if there are no good edge players remaining.

I honestly hope they trade back and pick up a couple extra draft picks. The Jets could still get RB Chris Ivory(which I'd hate to see leave) but that would get us a second round pick.

I wish ansah hadn't flew up the board like he did. I wanted him from jump street and at one point he was projected to go to us. He won't make it past top 7-8 now. I really want ogletree. I'm not big on jones or Mingo. I like our current pass rushers. I'm more concerned with our ilb's. Lofton is fine but the other lib spot needs upgraded and ogletree is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by derrick View Post
    I honestly hope they trade back and pick up a couple extra draft picks. The Jets could still get RB Chris Ivory(which I'd hate to see leave) but that would get us a second round pick.
    Jets already said they ain't giving up they 2nd rd pick for him. They'd facilitate a trade to give us a later rd pick. More like a 4-5

Also if tavon Austin drops to 15 we might be able to trade back a few spots n pick up a 2nd rd pick while doing it. I'm all for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by derrick View Post
    Ivory would never get us a 2nd.

I would like to see Mingo or Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Oh thank god we can talk saints here.. I can't stand saints report. I'd love jones. Mingo. Or star if they drop back. Dion jones would be ideal but he's a top 5 pick now. I like Austin but I really want help on defense.
    Star likely will go before the Saints pick. I cannot phathom us taking a WR in round 1.

Wow I got a text saying you quoted me. That's a pretty cool feature... I wouldn't want a receiver either. And star will almost definitely be picked ahead of us but you never know.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I wish ansah hadn't flew up the board like he did. I wanted him from jump street and at one point he was projected to go to us. He won't make it past top 7-8 now. I really want ogletree. I'm not big on jones or Mingo. I like our current pass rushers. I'm more concerned with our ilb's. Lofton is fine but the other lib spot needs upgraded and ogletree is a beast.
    Agree about Ogletree, kid is going to be a beast.

Draft day!!!!!

Thread Information