Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornets Report Redraft 2013 draft thread

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Like the Cousins pick, was thinking between him and two others for my next pick. Now I hope one guy doesn't get picked...
    @DanielVeuleman

this draft order is killing me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Like the Cousins pick, was thinking between him and two others for my next pick. Now I hope one guy doesn't get picked...
    arent you supposed to be picking right now?

Right now best value pick: Kevin Love at 18

Biggest Reach: Marc Gasol at 10

Gdangit lol getting so antsy. 1 pick away and then I don't have to follow the pace of this thing for a day or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Right now best value pick: Kevin Love at 18

Biggest Reach: Marc Gasol at 10
    Agree, I thought Bynum was pretty good value too

Hornets Report Redraft 2013 draft thread

Kevin Love is overrated IMO. Doesn't play much D. He can certainly score and rebound though.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The politicing begins lol

Hornets Report Redraft 2013 draft thread

Not really. Just an opinion. I'm not too invested in this to politic.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    The Dallas Mavericks select:

Josh Smith

Smith and Duncan will form a defensive nightmarish front court. Also the mixture of athleticism and basketball IQ between the two form a fantastic core to build around.

^^ great pick, really good value also.

Not personally high on Smith. I saw their game the other night on ESPN..believe it was against the Knicks. He was awful. Whoever gives him a max contract is going to be let down in my view.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Will make my pick in about 15 mins, have about 2-3 guys on the radar. PM now if you want to trade up.

I'm going to continue the trend with bigs after much deliberation on a couple smalls...

I'm going with a guy that has really turned the corner since March and will be an ideal fit next to Kevin Love on both ends of the floor.

Averaging over 15ppg and 10 rpg and 55% shooting in only 31 mins of action since March 1... the Indiana Pacers select

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anthonydavis.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	4791

ANTHONY DAVIS

Anthony Davis finally has a partner in the rebounding department that isn't a SF sliding in from the wings. These 2 should pair beautifully on the glass on both ends of the floor between Love's rebounding instincts and Davis' length. Davis gives love the flexibility on D to guard the 5's when there is a stretch 4 in the game as Davis' man defense has improved dramatically of late. This gives my team 2 legitimate pick and roll bigs that can shoot from 16+ out coupled with Love's ability to drain the 3 and Davis' ability to slash to the hoop. This front court is an opposing teams' nightmare.
    Last edited by ImSorryMonty; 04-06-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSorryMonty View Post
    I'm going to continue the trend with bigs after much deliberation on a couple smalls...

I'm going with a guy that has really turned the corner since March and will be an ideal fit next to Kevin Love on both ends of the floor.

Averaging over 15ppg and 10 rpg and 55% shooting in only 31 mins of action since March 1... the Indiana Pacers select

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anthonydavis.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	4791

ANTHONY DAVIS

Anthony Davis finally has a partner in the rebounding department that isn't a SF sliding in from the wings. These 2 should pair beautifully on the glass on both ends of the floor between Love's rebounding instincts and Davis' length. Davis gives love the flexibility on D to guard the 5's when there is a stretch 4 in the game as Davis' man defense has improved dramatically of late. This gives my team 2 legitimate pick and roll bigs that can shoot from 16+ out coupled with Love's ability to drain the 3 and Davis' ability to slash to the hoop. This front court is an opposing teams' nightmare.
    Great pairing together.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Way to early for AD, in my opinion. This is a win now scenario, not a win 2 years from now, but hey. I may have picked him if he fell to 42.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Way to early for AD, in my opinion. This is a win now scenario, not a win 2 years from now, but hey. I may have picked him if he fell to 42.
    He does fit very well with love though.

Yeah, but this is about rosters fitting together and being able to play together, not building the best all-star team that you can build. Davis brings a unique skillset that compliments Love's well. The way Davis is playing lately too...I don't think he's that much of a reach anymore. If this was done in December, that'd be the donkiest of donk picks but Davis' 1v1 man defense has improved dramatically, he's boarding at a better rate, finding his shots at a better rate, and converting at a better rate. I personally don't see how Davis is worse than a Josh Smith for instance, an inefficient player on offense that has a chance to kill you as much as help you. Davis is a smart player that plays within himself.

I just don't think your love for AD lets you see his defense isn't there yet. I just don't see the 1v1 defense you claim.

Love and AD pairing is like Anderson/AD on steroids, so it is nice in that sense.

I have Love slotted at center, why would I put the 220 guy at center when I have a 260 lb rebounding machine on my team?

Quote Originally Posted by ImSorryMonty View Post
    I have Love slotted at center, why would I put the 220 guy at center when I have a 260 lb rebounding machine on my team?
    Misread you roster. I edited my post. I just don't think Davis's defense is as good as advertised, or claimed to be by most here.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Misread you roster. I edited my post. I just don't think Davis's defense is as good as advertised, or claimed to be by most here.
    I by no means am claiming him to be an elite defender. I'm just saying, the matchups on offense will be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams and they will be good enough defensively, especially considering how well they should pair as a rebounding duo on that side of the ball. Davis is still an above average roamer around the basket and gets plenty of steals/blocks. He rarely turns the ball over or takes dumb shots. He's the cerebral uber-athletic stretch 4 that I want with my bruising behemoth that just so happens can shoot 3's.

All bout fit, not BPA. Like you said, it's a 1 and out. You do BPA to gather talent for the future. I'm building around a particular vision.

I just think teams with superior low post players can beat your team up as it stands. Love and Davis are not exactly post defenders.

Stilla bunch of all star players left so AD going now is surprising.

Thread Information