Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 2004 NBA Free Agency - Sources!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I thought Humphries was a b. yeah that's a good question since it changes so much.
    It might have been, I've got so many letters running through my head right now, but lets just use it as an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Actually the last day he edited his points was December 14th. When I go to the Scores thread it's letting me pull up all the box scores, so I can start looking after the 14th and get those points. Is that ok I do that?

I can post the links too if needed.

That's how I did it. Those threads do link you to the old box scores.

It's not my call but I don't see why not.

OMG this will probably be a waste of time. I went thru a week of games already and it's an accomplishment if a player scored 30. Damn this team was horrific..

If I didn't like thanos so much I'd put Ed norton as my avi
    I've thought that was a troll this whole time.

Man I missed a lot by being away from HR for a Sunday. Donyell was always an A defender A- rebounder for me I beleive. He avg'd right at 10 rpg. I canceled my training of BD and Eddie Jones so I should still have 104 points because someone mentioned to me the whole point system may change. Had a pretty good TC, Childress, Baron, and Bogans improved quite a bit and the only person who decreased immensely was Bowen who won't play much.

And since I have the highest cap number it's no secret the lux tax will hurt me, but I'm not against it and like the rule. The reason my cap number is so high is because it was within the rules. My only question is if the first 5 million over the cap basically has zero penalty, shouldn't you only be penalized for what's over 5 mill? As in I'm 14 mill over the cap instead of beign docked 28 points, shouldn't I only be docked 18? (9 mill over the 5 mill benchmark?)
    #FREEQUAIL

2004 NBA Free Agency - Sources!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Man I missed a lot by being away from HR for a Sunday. Donyell was always an A defender A- rebounder for me I beleive. He avg'd right at 10 rpg. I canceled my training of BD and Eddie Jones so I should still have 104 points because someone mentioned to me the whole point system may change. Had a pretty good TC, Childress, Baron, and Bogans improved quite a bit and the only person who decreased immensely was Bowen who won't play much.

And since I have the highest cap number it's no secret the lux tax will hurt me, but I'm not against it and like the rule. The reason my cap number is so high is because it was within the rules. My only question is if the first 5 million over the cap basically has zero penalty, shouldn't you only be penalized for what's over 5 mill? As in I'm 14 mill over the cap instead of beign docked 28 points, shouldn't I only be docked 18? (9 mill over the 5 mill benchmark?)
    I don't believe that's how it works irl which is what this is modeled after. The penalty is meant to be harshish. I'll have a bit of a bill as well.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

But IMO contending is well worth it.

I don't believe that's how it works irl which is what this is modeled after. The penalty is meant to be harshish. I'll have a bit of a bill as well.
    OK two things what are the actual penalties for not having the points you owe at the end of the season. I reread your post and didn't see that. And is the new point system in place? Can I go ahead and train those players using that system? I just want to konw everything before I make any decisions...do I need to save some points to make sure I have enough at the end of the year or go ahead and use all 104 training now etc...

Am walking into work now. I think the penalties were not being allowed to use your exceptions or train players.

The thought process was not being able to aquire anymore debt with league exceptions so you can't keep digging yourself in deeper.

What qualities were you going to train for those two?

So ready for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    What qualities were you going to train for those two?
    Outside shot and perimeter d

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Outside shot and perimeter d
    Those two would now cost you $65 so even if you include a full $28 luxury tax you still pay less that what you would have.

Thread Information