Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2004 NBA Free Agency - Sources!

Yeah I truly don't understand this ****. I offered Hedo a lot more in a 5 year contract. Don't get it. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wow another big signing for me. Marshall was a complete luxury signing and i'm happy to have him.
    I really wanted him for the MLE I offered it to about 4 guys and Bo signed first. I like Outlaw bu wanted to get th gang back together with Marshall.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I really wanted him for the MLE I offered it to about 4 guys and Bo signed first. I like Outlaw bu wanted to get th gang back together with Marshall.
    Fair enough. I was waiting to offer Outlaw a deal as well but didn't want to use my free cap space since i had his rights. You were smart to offer him early.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    AD23forMVP
    Are we adopting the new points system?
    Are we adopting the new Lux tax rule?
    Points system yes

Lux Tax rule yes, you're going to keep track of that correct?

Yes sir. Should be a once a year thing.

where are the details for this i must have missed it
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

I'll post it in a new thread if it's approved.

I agree with Soundwave that the lux tax should be held off until next year maybe use this year as a trial. Itd be nice to know how a rule change works before it goes into effect

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Pretty simple. You are allowed to be over the cap by $5mil... if i remember correctly, you pay a point for every million after that. It's to curb people from throwing out max money across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    I agree with Soundwave that the lux tax should be held off until next year maybe use this year as a trial. Itd be nice to know how a rule change works before it goes into effect
    Biggest cap #. I don't blame you . Not taking a shot just joking. Seriously though I think it needs to happen now. I think the point system and this go hand in hand. There's only like 7 offenders currently with the big money guys out. Lots of teams with space to dump salary to as well.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It shouldn't go in until after this season. I want to say that was discussed.

So no bill till 2006? Or a bill at the end of THIS season. I don't think we should be billing people for last year's season either.

So no bill till 2006? Or a bill at the end of THIS season. I don't think we should be billing people for last year's season either.
    I think people need to be aware of it all now (and have been with their signings). At the end of this season (after last playoff game) is when you'd pay. (before resignings)

Btw, what's next for FA? How's it all going to pan out from here?

So, should we bill at the beginning of the season or the end? Of course teams cap numbers will change during a season.

Are we set with the training costs? For instance, why does it cost more to train post defense than perimeter defense?

As far as when to begin with the tax, obviously it doesn't matter as much to me because I will not be over. I just think penalizing teams this year for things they did within the rules isn't up to par. Then again, this is coming from the same person that thinks its wrong to keep steroid users out of the baseball hall of fame. There was no rule against it, but they really did know it wasn't the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

2004 NBA Free Agency - Sources!

Because I felt perimeter d was broken j to two things: perimeter d and drive d.

I think the penalties need to be paid at the end of the season... so you pertty much have up to the trade deadline to minimize your tax hit. Then pay prior to the last NBA Champ sim. (that way if a championship team has to sign a guy or two for that series due to injury, it can be done then paid)

Immediately after the NBA Finals are over and simmed, don't the FA's become FAs? Or does commish need to initiate the resigning process to generate offers and everyone else becomes FAs? If it's the latter, we can make this a part of the offseason process before Resignings.

Balls volunteered(?) to overlook this; so maybe he could create the thread at that point to say who has to pay a tax.

I'd do it at playoff time. And collection would need to happen at the end of the season. I think it's gotta happen this seasons end. Celtics have the worst figure but only would owe something like 28 points. I think winning a championship w the new points system pretty much pays for that. He just used 100 points to train guys so its not like he was hurting for points. Sorry hornetsfaninky to use you as an example here.

Yeah I was hoping this would get instituted asap as well. The current system is the richer get richest. I think the luxury tax should be a bit more harsh than a point per mil. But that's just my opinion. I don't think 1 point per mil is gonna stop many from going over, because basically those guys going over are getting tons of points so it's not really hurting them too much.

It's 2 points per mill. I dont think you can go over that since i dont think teams generally earn over like 40 a season tops.

This is coming from someone who will be over the threshold this and next year lol.

It's 2 points per mill. I dont think you can go over that since i dont think teams generally earn over like 40 a season tops.
    I thought it was 1 point. 2 is much better though

That's fine with me. I should still be able to upgrade people frequently

Can you please also explain the thought process of making 3-pt shooting and jump shot training 10 points more than inside scoring?

So I might lose 16 points?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information