Pelicans Report

Thread: Random question about the past

Random question about the past

Ok so i was randomly thinking about the past couple years of Hornet basketball. I dont know why but i started thinking about Tyson Chandler and how we pretty much gave up on him due to his lingering injuries and how he has since became a truly dominant center defensively in the NBA.

My question is do you think that if we never traded Chandler away would CP3 and DWest still be wearing a hornet jersey right now.
    And I was comparing the "parallel" universes where we have the core of CP3, DWest and Chandler against our future core of Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon and Rivers(?)

Consider the idea that we still signed and the traded Ayon to the Mgic for RYNO so he was the 6th man coming off the bench for DWest and we still ended up getting Vasquez.
    Saints, Pelicans, Tigers, Braves, and PS3 (NinthWardJay is the PSN)

Our current core is Davis, Anderson, Gordon. Rivers is no where near our core. lol

On the other question. Yes, I think CP3 is here if Chandler is here, and if CP3 is here D. West is here.

Too many parts involved to just give a straight up yes or no answer. Is Jeff Bower still in charge? How much longer is George Sinn able to hold on for if the team won a championship?

Well can't say for sure since Ownership issues may have played a role in CP3 leaving but Chandler getting traded certainly seemed like the beginning of the end for that group.
    Degenerative toe problem eh? ......yep.... degenerated into a championship for the mavs.

I am the walrus.

What's done is done anyways. We can talk about the what ifs, but we are in a better spot now with Benson/Demps/Monty long term than we were with Shinn/Bower/Scott.

I get ALL THIS for Chandler!?!?!? muahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Hahah yes

Yea we are def better with Benson Demps and Monty there is NOOOO Question about that

The organization has always found a way to tear things up. When we had a very good start with Johnson, Mourning, Gill, Bougues, David Wingate, & Dell Curry they started tearing that down when they traded Gill. Mourning was a dope because he took LJ's record contract personally and from then on him & Johnson hated one another. When we had Glenn Rice & Eddie Jones on the same team with Divac I always thought we should have been better, and management couldn't make the right moves. Then when we had Baron Davis, Mashburn, David Wesley, PJ Brown, and a solid bench, I thought we were the biggest Enigma in the league. But Davis & Mashburn could not get along as well. But the biggest mistake this franchise made was getting rid of Tyson Chandler & after we lost to the Spurs in 08 in the Western Conf. Semis, yes he had injuries, but if one of your top 3 players is close with your best player you give him every opportunity to comeback. Plus to top things off, we went out and spent cap money when we did not need to. Jeff Bower is a dope and he & Shinn should be responsible for the last tear down in my opinion. ALthough what pisses me off about 08 is if Janerro Pargo doesn't try and play hero ball the hole 4th qtr. We win game 7 in my opinion anyway. Taking okafor for Chandler was just stupid. You don't take an undersized center for that kind of money. But you guys have got to give this young team time. When you are young in this league it takes time to develop. This season to me reminds me alot of when Durant & Westbrook I believe won just 21 or 22 games a few years ago. I think if they are smart this year and not over spend, we have a chance to be very competitive. The only thing I am not sure about is this team wanting to play Davis at center in the future. I just don't know if that is the way to go with Davis. I am sorry to be so long, but everytime this franchise starts to build something positive something always happens for the worse, and I hope that does not happen this time.

Assuming that in your parallel world, Demps eventually becomes the GM, Monty becomes the coach, Benson buys the team, etc..

Definitely..

If TC was here (and healthy and dominant) then CP3 would still be here, same with DWest.

This 5 man team -- Paul, Beli, Ariza, West, TC (in 1011) would have been a dynamite defensive unit in the NBA.

Now I'm crying THANKS NINTHWARDJAY!

Trading chandler cost this team a championship. I truely believe that. Worst move in franchise history

Tyson Chandler for Emeka Okafor... for crying out loud! geez...

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I honestly believe that if you keep Pargo and Chandler, and Benson buys the team so Paul knows that we have a blank check for a championship... Then Paul stays. Sigh. Paul/West/Chandler core is one piece and a solid bench away from contending.

David West has never played better than what he's doing this season. Same with Tyson Chandler.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

David West's 07-08 and 08-09 seasons were better than this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    David West's 07-08 and 08-09 seasons were better than this season.
    Not by efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Not by efficiency.
    Which efficiency are you talking about? His eFG%? His PER? FG%? You pick out efficiency and I can just as easily pick out something like TS%.

He's playing very well this season but he had his best years in a Hornets uniform.

Yeah we made some horrid moves
    Looking back in retro another negative was trading our 1st round draft pick to the Gizzlies out of the belief that we were a "James Posey" away from a championship.

There weren't many standout names after our selection but there was Pekovic, Deandre Jordon, Mario Chalmers, Omer Asik, Goran Dragik and Luc Mbah a Moute

Thread Information