Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets, Celtics, Clippers

Trade Idea Hornets, Celtics, Clippers

Since I have heard rumors of the Clippers interested in trading Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe for Kevin Garnett, i think the Hornets should get involved.

Clippers get: Kevin Garnett
    Celtics get: Caron Butler, Xavier Henry, Austin Rivers(Makes Doc happy)
    Hornets get: Eric Bledsoe

The trade works on ESPN's trade machine.

Let me know what you all think?

Hornets, Celtics, Clippers

Yes please

Maybe you should switch Rivers with someone else. I'm not sure having your son playing for you (especially when he's a bad player) is the best plan for a coach.

How does that make Doc happy? Wouldn't that make everyone question any decision he ever makes involving Austin?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

You have to give to get. Boston gets nothing of value in this deal. Also Garnett has a no trade clause.

McNamara's latest deal is more than I'd want to give for Bledsoe (Vasquez, 2013 top-3 protected), but Hornets give up nothing in this deal. Rivers trade value is that of a 2nd round pick at this point.

yea we would have to give up our first rd pick along with vazquez...rivers is not going to get it done, he does not have much value

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't think that makes Doc happy. Send him to the Clippers instead. And you'd have to add in a protected 1st.

Garnett has a no trade clause.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

IF we only have to give up Rivers and Henry for Bledsoe I'll call Dell a genius.

I was fooling with this three team idea yesterday. I think now is the time for Ainge to either move Garnett or Pierce to give them flexibility to start the rebuild next year.

Boston will want a 4/5 to fill the void that KG (*trade) and Sully (IR) will leave them with if a "supposed" trade happens to go down. This is my trade scenario:

LA Clippers: Kevin Garnett
    Boston Celtics: Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Al-Farouq Aminu
    New Orleans: Avery Bradley, 2014 Second-Rd. Pick

*I find it mighty odd that AFA hasn't been given much playing time lately. Just my skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    Boston will want a 4/5 to fill the void that KG (*trade) and Sully (IR) will leave them with if a "supposed" trade happens to go down. This is my trade scenario:

LA Clippers: Kevin Garnett
    Boston Celtics: Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Al-Farouq Aminu
    New Orleans: Avery Bradley, 2014 Second-Rd. Pick

*I find it mighty odd that AFA hasn't been given much playing time lately. Just my skepticism.
    This is an even worse trade for Boston. We add nothing of value and get the best young perimeter defender in the league?

How can you say its worse for Boston when they acquire an expiring contract (AFA), young-explosive PG in Bledsoe who is still on his rookie contract to back-up Rondo when he returns and a savvy veteran in Caron Butler whose contract is relatively cheap???

Have you seen our perimeter defense these past few games??? Adding Bradley to our backcourt will help us tremendously in that area while giving us a capable back-up to Gordon. Who would you rather start when Gordon is sitting out? Bradley or Mason?

Ok, so were ignoring the no trade clause. Got it.

Report tweeted on ESPN:

The Los Angeles Clippers are interested in acquiring Kevin Garnett from the Boston Celtics, the Sporting News reported Sunday, citing anonymous sources.

Officials from both teams talked about a deal before the Celtics beat the Clippers 106-104 on Sunday, according to the Sporting News, which also said a potential deal would involve the Clippers' Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

The Clippers have lost six of their past eight games but have been hampered by injuries to guards Chauncey Billups, Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge has maintained in recent days that the team is in wait-and-see mode and -- if it continues to win and show an ability to be competitive with top-tier teams -- he would prefer to stick it out with the current core.

Asked about any potential roster moves before Sunday's game, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said, "We really haven't talked about [moves]. Honestly. We obviously can because we need a body. But we really haven't talked about it much at all. Nothing really. What I think Danny [Ainge] is doing is probably doing all the work right now and I'm sure this week maybe, or who knows in two weeks, he'll come with a long list of scenarios."

Garnett, 36, has a no-trade clause and two years left on his contract.

The trade deadline is Feb. 21.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    How can you say its worse for Boston when they acquire an expiring contract (AFA), young-explosive PG in Bledsoe who is still on his rookie contract to back-up Rondo when he returns and a savvy veteran in Caron Butler whose contract is relatively cheap???

Have you seen our perimeter defense these past few games??? Adding Bradley to our backcourt will help us tremendously in that area while giving us a capable back-up to Gordon. Who would you rather start when Gordon is sitting out? Bradley or Mason?
    I'd love Bradley on this team. We aren't getting him for AFA. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cr9gcn8

First time I've ever posted a trade.

If it takes, I'd maybe throw in our 2013 first top 5 protected.

My view is this sures up our backcourt for the foreseeable future while we can target someone like Millsap in Free Agency.

We would (hopefully) roll out:

Bledsoe/Rivers
    Gordon/Bradley
    Aminu/Miller/Thomas
    Millsap/Anderson
    Davis/Smith

Center would be a place to look instead of Millsap because we are small with this lineup.
    Last edited by Inner_GI; 02-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Let's do it this way: let's say Bradley and Bledsoe are roughly equal assets. I think Bradley is more valuable to a team because of contract reasons (locked up longer on rookie contract), but whatever. Even if KG was willing to go, why would Boston trade him for Caron Butler (redundant with Pierce) and a small expiring contract. Boston should be looking for long term assets, as they will be rebuilding shortly. Try this trade on any board with Cetics fans and it'd be laughed off. Try it on a Clippers forum and they'd be wondering why they give up th talent, but we get the asset. Throw in Vasquez and an unprotected first, then sure. AFA is valueless in a trade.

Lopez might be something the Celtics would be interested in. If we wanted to get in on this, Lopez and 2014 first, top 3 protected, might yield either Bradley or Bledsoe. I'm not sure whitch I would prefer.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 02-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Technically he can still be traded, he just has to agree to it

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Let's do it this way: let's say Bradley and Bledsoe are roughly equal assets. I think Bradley is more valuable to a team because of contract reasons (locked up longer on rookie contract), but whatever. Even if KG was willing to go, why would Boston trade him for Caron Butler (redundant with Pierce) and a small expiring contract. Boston should be looking for long term assets, as they will be rebuilding shortly. Try this trade on any board with Cetics fans and it'd be laughed off. Try it on a Clippers forum and they'd be wondering why they give up th talent, but we get the asset. Throw in Vasquez and an unprotected first, then sure. AFA is valueless in a trade.
    If in response to my trade here was my reasoning:

I think Vasquez/Lopez combo is a greater asset than Bledsoe/Butler. Mostly because Vasquez's production and Lopez's contract are huge pulls.

Clippers give up Butler(which the celtics are reporting interest in) and Bledsoe for Garnett.

Hornets give up Vasquez, Lopez, and top 5 protected first for Bledsoe and Bradley

Boston gives up Garnett and Bradley for Butler, Lopez, and Vasquez.

Like I said, I usually leave the trade speculation for others, because I'm not well versed in what player/pick value is.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    He just has to agree to it, and why wouldn't he. The Clippers with garnett could have a realistic shot at making the WCF. I mean, Garnett gives the post game and hustle they seriously lack.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post

My view is this sures up our backcourt for the foreseeable future while we can target someone like Millsap in Free Agency.

Bledsoe/Rivers
    Gordon/Bradley
    Aminu/Miller/Thomas
    Millsap/Anderson
    Davis/Smith

Center would be a place to look instead of Millsap because we are small with this lineup.
    I'd do that unprotected. We'd be sick defensively.

Edit: No, previously post was in response to other trade. Your trade, with unprotected or lightly protected pick to Celtics, is something they'd at least consider.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 02-03-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Bledsoe/Rivers
    Gordon/Bradley

Aminu/Miller/Thomas
    Millsap/Anderson
    Davis/Smith

That's way too small a back court.

6'1/6'4
    6'3/6'2

Maybe swap Rivers with Bradley at point
    Nice trade though.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 02-03-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Well, I see the height disadvantage, but there is no way, I think 2 or 3 inches is going to effect the crazy good defense all 4 of these guards play.

Bledsoe and Bradley are premier defensive guards

Gordon and Rivers are well on their way, and quite underrated for their efforts.

Bledsoe/Rivers
    Gordon/Bradley
    Aminu/Miller/Thomas
    Millsap/Anderson
    Davis/Smith

The height concern is way overblown. This would be a great trade for us. What an elite rotation of perimeter defenders we'd have! I love it.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Even though Doc may say that he wanted them to draft Austin,I bet he'd be miserable if he actually had him.

Thread Information