Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Booing our HOME TEAM at the end of a 36 pt win...

Booing our HOME TEAM at the end of a 36 pt win...

Wasn't just a few here or there, literally half the arena was booing, even as the clock struck 0, instead of cheering.

Honestly, if you boo'd over some french fries (buy 1 get 1 free no less!) when you're team just flat outworked a team by 36 points, {Mod edit-veiled cursing}

Most embarrassed I've ever been to be at a game. And that includes the 58 pt home loss in the playoffs.

It's all about the fries!!
    I think it was just playful, nothing serious
    Last edited by BigEasyBrow; 02-13-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lighten up

"mod-edit veiled cursing" = you doing something to yourself that is less than savory and involves you embarrassing yourself as much as you embarrassed the rest of us tonight, for the record.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Literally nothing to be embarrassed about.

class act at least

Yeah, class act if you see it that way *rolls eyes*

they were just joking. Dont get so hostile. He even smiled when he missed the FT. He knew what happened
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyBrow View Post
    Yeah, class act if you see it that way *rolls eyes*
    Huh? Dude should have taken to Twitter and blown up on people, instead he takes to Twitter and offers to buy them fries on the 1st day of his only vacation for 6 months. A minimum salary guy to boot? *rolls eyes*

And it wasn't playful, there was loud booing for the last 20 seconds of a 36 point blowout and literally no cheering when the game was over. People in my section were looking around like, "Is this really happening?".

To boot, not only are the McDonalds fries not even close to as cool as the chicken wrap or even really a sustainable snack, you have to buy another fries from their greedy butts to get them to give you your free fries. And it doesn't even say it on the menu.

This shall not end well for the OP.

Slim has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Slim has spoken.
    Idk why he is so mad. I doubt they were booing him for real after a 36 point win

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Slim has spoken.
    just for the record, it didn't start very well either....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

yawn

I have never really cared if people flame me on here or get pissed slim. It's just downright disrespectful to not give your team props when they obviously showed up and cared way more than the other guys did. Flame on.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSorryMonty View Post
    Huh? Dude should have taken to Twitter and blown up on people, instead he takes to Twitter and offers to buy them fries on the 1st day of his only vacation for 6 months. A minimum salary guy to boot? *rolls eyes*
    Life must me hard only making 500k a year.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

GIF Fail on my part

insert: i'm done.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyBrow View Post
    GIF Fail on my part

insert: i'm done.gif
    Eek, doesn't it defeat the purpose of a walk-off "imdone.gif" to post it and then come back with ANOTHER post right after your walk-off .gif? I mean, if you want to be cute and try to be a "funny internet guy", you might as well not suck at it.

ISM,

Morons exist, sadly.

Oh, just checking to see if anyone still thinks Monty lost the team.

remember at the end of the Raptors game a couple days ago... the fans were chanting "pizza! pizza!"

I would guarantee you if they didn't get to that 100 point mark for that pizza they would've booed too...

the booing tonight was a tongue-in-cheek deal in a game that was mostly boring b/c it was such a blowout... esp in the 2nd half
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

So what? Fans boo'd Lebron for holding the ball on the final possession and not scoring 100 once in Cleveland . Waaaaait

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Oh, just checking to see if anyone still thinks Monty lost the team.
    Any news on the arena enhancements?

I thought it was a class act by a minimum wage player! He won over a new fan here. Plus that's part of the NBA experience!! Let them boo, because it means they were still into the game that was a snoozer after the third quarter!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Like he can't afford some fries? It's at one location for only an hour and only people with a ticket. How many people do you think will actually show up? I think it's a nice gesture for sure, but some of you act like the guy is borderline homeless for being just a minimum wage player. I see from his twitter page he drives a $100,000+ Audi R8

Thread Information