Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Missing Piece:Re-Handicapping the Field

Re: The Missing Piece:Re-Handicapping the Field

Brow, that level of max would only be for a player coming off their rookie contract. For more established players, it should be more within the 18+ million area.

There doesn't seem to be any sure thing guys to throw a max at this off season, though.Dwight and CP3 are both like EG and I don't think it would be a smart gamble to have two key players like that on the same team. Josh Smith and the like would be overpaid if you give them that much money.

If you give someone a max deal, it should because they are worth more than that but it is all the rules allow you to spend. If you give a guy a max and he simply lives up to the dollar signs, then you severely overpaid for a guy who should be able to carry your team single handedly.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The Missing Piece:Re-Handicapping the Field

Quote Originally Posted by mtk0660 View Post
    could we get jennings and pek while trading either gravy or lopez?
    How much will pek want? over 10-12 mil?
    If the wolves let him go its theoretical that we could get both but we need some flexibility to sign Davis when that time comes up. We'd have what, roughly 22 mil to spend this offseason if we don't resign Lopez and gravy and the first would probably have to go to Milwaukee, but I'd Rather just sign either or and draft the necessary counterpart

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

The Missing Piece:Re-Handicapping the Field

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Brow, that level of max would only be for a player coming off their rookie contract. For more established players, it should be more within the 18+ million area.

There doesn't seem to be any sure thing guys to throw a max at this off season, though.Dwight and CP3 are both like EG and I don't think it would be a smart gamble to have two key players like that on the same team. Josh Smith and the like would be overpaid if you give them that much money.

If you give someone a max deal, it should because they are worth more than that but it is all the rules allow you to spend. If you give a guy a max and he simply lives up to the dollar signs, then you severely overpaid for a guy who should be able to carry your team single handedly.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for clarifying that! That being said even in the 18mil range we still can afford the 5mil for lopez's option.

Thread Information