Pelicans Report

Thread: Gordon's Shooting Numbers

Gordon's Shooting Numbers

A Twitter follower felt like he was noticing red hot starts by Gordon, followed by three poor quarters, so I did a little digging. Here is what I found. Gordon's shooting %'s by quarter:

1st- 46.2%
    2nd- 39.5%
    3rd- 30.6%
    4th- 34.5%

Tonight he goes 4 for 6 in the first, 2 for 4 in the second, 0 for 2 in the third, and 0 for 2 in the 4th

Is it just conditioning? Any other explanations?
    @mcnamara247

It's because he's a closer.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

poor conditioning. he looks really tired by the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    It's because he's a closer.
    Be careful. Can of worms might have just been opened.

Lol I was just teasing.

Was nothing to close tonight but my eyes.

As good as Gordon is he lacks length which restricts his ability to make tough shots. He chooses to use contact to draw fouls because he lacks height and length, his game depends on referee calls and his teammates abilities to create space. A dynamic point guard or SF would really help him succeed. It's hard to depend on rivers,but if he is able to improve his game and play with some confidence and decisiveness Gordon could really have more space to operate. Also, Gordon is still not in the best of shape and his handle and shot looks to be in development.

Conditioning for sure. He is a 2-way player, so he uses up more gas than most. Plus, there is no way to get into basketball shape other than playing. He's rusty, but he's getting better. The 3 has been dropping for him these past few games. He was getting into the lane a little better tonight. Looked quicker. More explosive.

He'll get there.

How about the fact that he only takes 2 shots in the 4th? You can't go 4-6 when you only shoot twice... just sayin.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    How about the fact that he only takes 2 shots in the 4th? You can't go 4-6 when you only shoot twice... just sayin.
    The fact he only takes 2 shots is also indicative of his poor conditioning. He can't create off the dribble as well late in games. He seems to lose his handle more and he settles for more jumpers it seems.

He'll get there though. His shot is already looking a lot better than it probably ever has as a Hornet to be honest. It's really nice to see him hitting his 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    The fact he only takes 2 shots is also indicative of his poor conditioning. He can't create off the dribble as well late in games. He seems to lose his handle more and he settles for more jumpers it seems.

He'll get there though. His shot is already looking a lot better than it probably ever has as a Hornet to be honest. It's really nice to see him hitting his 3's.
    I don't think it's conditioning at this point. The Hornets seem intent on trying to run some sort of offensive plays that involve him playing off the ball. Not to mention these last few games the 4th has been filled with turnovers so nobody can get off a shot, and Gordon has been complicit in that also.

I'm about sick of hearing how this team preaches defense so much when there are two sides of the court. There is no reason for this team to look so lost on the offensive side of the ball. I want them to hire an offensive minded coach in the off-season to help Monty on that side.

it takes awhile to get in basketball shape with how long he has been out

Thread Information