Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

I'd like to announce my official re-brand
    <------ *applause*

Special thanks to Joe Gerrity for "making it happen".

This whole rebranding had the opportunity to be something fun for the overwhelming majority of NOLA basketball fans. Now it quickly become a toxic topic that can push many fans away. As much as I've embraced this team since day one the fact that so many could be so strongly against it and that goes ignored just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not going to say anything overboard, but I can see this pushing people away and honestly I can't blame anybody for turning their backs on this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    As an original Charlotte Hornets fan, it does suck to see us change names, and sucks even more that the Bobcats will take the name, but Im with the Pelicans now, my opinion on the name is irrelevant.
    No your opinion on where you place your passion and money is never irrelevant.

Again: Pelicans in the Finals... you in or out?

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This whole rebranding had the opportunity to be something fun for the overwhelming majority of NOLA basketball fans. Now it quickly become a toxic topic that can push many fans away. As much as I've embraced this team since day one the fact that so many could be so strongly against it and that goes ignored just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not going to say anything overboard, but I can see this pushing people away and honestly I can't blame anybody for turning their backs on this franchise.

Give me a break.
    Wherehappens.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

See ya!

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Again: Pelicans in the Finals... you in or out?
    If they are in the Finals I wouldn't care if they were called "New Orleans Fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    I'd like to announce my official re-brand
    <------ *applause*

Special thanks to Joe Gerrity for "making it happen".
    I think you're first!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    See ya!
    I think I hurt my hand crossing my fingers so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    None of my friends dislike it.
    My brothers hated it

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Countdown if you feel like sitting and counting the hours until it happens: http://www.nba.com/hornets
    less than 26 hours until the Hornets meet the

btw... for those who haven't read it yet... google "deadspin pelicans" and read that article about the name (adult language... esp the F-bomb in the title is why I'm not linking it here)... very compelling case about why Pelicans is an awesome name
    Last edited by rt0307; 01-23-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    My brothers hated it
    Now that leaves only one question. Does he have more friends or do you have more brothers?

All i want is a cool logo. Please don't give me somthing like what DC has

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    All i want is a cool logo. Please don't give me somthing like what DC has
    this is what will sell A LOT of people... an awesome logo and a good-looking uniform will make most of these concerns go away

As a fan who is not a big fan of pelicans, it really will.

I get what ur saying. Most borderline fans will be turned off by the name change. I a know of a few die hards that didn't want it to change because of the love their kids had for Hugo or just because they thought the Pelicans was a stupid name. Hopefully the name will grow on people.

No your opinion on where you place your passion and money is never irrelevant.
    So you are saying you care more about our name than the actual franchise? You care more about the Pelicans name than the excitement of watching Davis, Gordon, Rivers, and Anderson grow together? About Monty and Demps? About local ownership?

Hmm.....

We could be named the New Orleans Butt-Munchers for all I care, and I'd still support this franchise. It's about more than just a name.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 01-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    I get what ur saying. Most borderline fans will be turned off by the name change. I a know of a few die hards that didn't want it to change because of the love their kids had for Hugo or just because they thought the Pelicans was a stupid name. Hopefully the name will grow on people.
    let me say this... just a few years ago... Thunder was a stupid name... the logo looked dumb and the uniforms were bland as all get-up.

now... no one talks about that at all... they buy the merch and the team is popular

it'll grow on everyone over time

I dunno about you guys but i rooted for this team because i love cartoon bugs that wear mickey mouse gloves......

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Aww man I'm pumped!....but at like the same time this is like the last day of New Orleans Hornets to me....bittersweet.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    let me say this... just a few years ago... Thunder was a stupid name... the logo looked dumb and the uniforms were bland as all get-up.

now... no one talks about that at all... they buy the merch and the team is popular

it'll grow on everyone over time
    I agree somewhat. Much of the popularity is because of the players, not the name. Hopefully, Pelicans will fall in that category as well with Davis, Gordon, Anderson...

Just an FYI, the front page of Hornets.com is now a countdown clock:

http://www.nba.com/hornets/countdown
    the Legend has spoken!

sounds like a bunch of angry birds on here...lol

actually, if they make the pelican fierce on the line of a hawk or eagle, im in.

oh, and please, don't do mardi gras colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    Just an FYI, the front page of Hornets.com is now a countdown clock:

http://www.nba.com/hornets/countdown
    btw, love this logo and the colors

I hope they don't look like the Hawks

Thread Information