Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    A question for everyone: Pelicans lovers and haters, Hornets lovers and haters.

How would you feel if next season Charlotte become the Hornets?
    Well, for someone like me, who was a Charlotte Hornet Fan, who then had the difficult decision to follow the franchise or stay in town (and decided to "join" NO), a rebrand back to Charlotte Hornets would be somekind of strange.
    But i already made up my mind, i´ll stay again with the franchise, so at the end, i don´t care, what name these "Bobcats" Dudes choose
    For us Europeans it´s somekind of weird, because we aren´t used to these rebrand and relocation stuff. You choose a team/town and then you´ll just stay - just like the team does.

As for the name Pelicans - well Hornets aren´t able to hunt down and eat pigeons
    Last edited by desolatos; 01-23-2013 at 11:21 AM.

It is not just a verbal announcement. There will be visuals. I assume it's the full on unveiling and not a "stay tuned." I'm sure it's the basics, not pages of merch concepts, etc.

Well we already basically know what the logo is going to look like. It was leaked on TD and posted here by me about a month ago. It appears to be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Did not know that. Thanks for educating me on it !
    Our own Saints and original Jazz, also arrived by fan vote. Also judging by the few polls done, if this rename was done by fan vote, it wouldn't be Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Well we already basically know what the logo is going to look like. It was leaked on TD and posted here by me about a month ago. It appears to be legit.
    I have a friend who is working the unveiling and asked him if that was indeed the logo. He said NO.
    It is not any of the logos we've seen thus far.
    It is CLOSE to the one from the hat on TD but not exact.
    Said there is a lot more red in the logo then the TD leak and the wingspan was not as large.

Of course they were not allowed to snap pics.... :\

I wonder if we should expect a new nba.com/hornets website showing the rebrand to Pelicans.

I will buy Merchandise, because I've been holding out on a Davis jersey for far too long. lol

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I have a friend who is working the unveiling and asked him if that was indeed the logo. He said NO.
    Said there is a lot more red in the logo then the TD leak and the wingspan was not as large.

Driveman said it was that logo with a few added extras like New Orleans across the top, Pelicans rounding the bottom. A small FDL somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I wonder if we should expect a new nba.com/hornets website showing the rebrand to Pelicans.

I will buy Merchandise, because I've been holding out on a Davis jersey for far too long. lol
    I'd think not until next year. Or as soon as this season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post

So I guess Red, Gold and Navy are the colors after all.

I would absolutely loathe them forever. I'm talking Redskins-Cowboys type of hatred. That's an unforgivable sports sin in my eyes. I'd be even more angry at them for stealing our name than I am at Benson for rebranding.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar

I think that would be cool.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet96 View Post
    @Ball so hard- OKC, Toronto, and Washington all got to vote
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    And you ended up with Thunder, Raptors and Wizards. *golf clap for public vote*

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Countdown if you feel like sitting and counting the hours until it happens: http://www.nba.com/hornets

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Rebrand is suppose to unify the fan base, which this didn't. Not because of outsiders, but because we free thinkers, think it's lame. There is a lot of middle ground between cool and lame, even if you didn't go cool, and not every one believes cool means intimidating, you didn't have land right under lame.

New Orleans is this wide open, free spirited, liberal city, stuck in a red state, that doesn't give two cents about it, outside it generating lots of tax dollars for the state. Who cares if Pelicans represent the whole state of Louisiana.

And honestly, Tom Benson's heart has to actually be in this rebrand, because he's not chasing the boat loads of cash that comes with new merchandise after rebranding this team Pelicans. He can't be, again the number one source of income for the NBA is Merchandise.

He picked Pelicans, no one in range of Tom Benson should expect this team to get any kind of significant bump after rebranding this team Pelicans.

And i hope people stop trying to make Pelicans seem legitimate by making fun of and talking about how bad other names are, like the Lakers, Knicks and other teams in that class, those names and names like it are old, they were thought of during a different era. In the 40's and 50's, those were cool ideas. You guys even use teams in other sports like the Red Sox, 1901 and White Sox, 1894, you can't compare that.

People who don't get, still shouldn't get it, even after being explained the history, because no one understands what the history of a minor league baseball team that originally stopped playing in '59 matter, why should knowing the history of that baseball team then make it okay for a modern day professional basketball team to be named after that baseball team.

Two completely different sports, in which the teams played at two different levels of competition of their sports.

I have come to grips with this, but i will never like it.
    This. The whole entire thing. Hell, even locally my Alma Mater has a classic name. Jesuit Blue Jays. Not after the bird, but the color of the J on their sports uniforms, they simply adopted the bird later. A name from an older era isn't any worse, because by that standard naming us Pelicans is way worse than knickerbockers or Heat is. It doesn't mean Pelicans can't be special though.

So I guess Red, Gold and Navy are the colors after all.

That was confirmed by the Benson family months ago. On television before a game.

they'll just call us new orleans anyway. pelicans will be a second mention
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    More important.......when does the switch to pelicansreport.com happen?

So I don't understand... can anyone go to the Arena tomorrow at 3 or is it a closed presser?

Closed. We'll post live.

No worries.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    I would be happy if Charlotte got to switch back to Hornets, and I hope it happens. I hope we send them back the Bobby Phills jersey and everything. No city deserves to have their team's identity stolen from them. If our original identity hadn't been taken from us, we be sitting here talking about this ridiculous Pelicans name; we'd be the Jazz as we should be.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    More important.......when does the switch to pelicansreport.com happen?
    It should be named pelicanbrief.com

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    It should be named pelicanbrief.com
    1000% YES!

Well, At the end of the day we still have our team. I'd rather be the New Orleans Pelicans than the Seattle Super Sonics or to be in the Kings situation. So ummm will they ever use the Mardi Gras uniforms again?

As an original Charlotte Hornets fan, it does suck to see us change names, and sucks even more that the Bobcats will take the name, but Im with the Pelicans now, my opinion on the name is irrelevant.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information