Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    I am really finding myself agreeing to your posts today, but I have always thought this. Can anyone really imagine a player sitting in the locker room being intimidated because he is playing a team with an intimidating name? Players will be intimidated by a good team and the names on the back of the jersey, not the front
    Intimidation factor has never been the issue. For most people that don't like it, it's just because it sounds stupid for a pro basketball team. Jazz wasn't intimidating but everyone loved that name.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Exactly. I'm still a high schooler and of course I'm the only one who likes it. That's also because at Brother Martin, I'm probably the largest Hornets fan- bar none. And one of few at all. It's sad but will change with winning times. I remember when the name was first leaked, all I heard about the name Pelicans was followed by a sarcastic joke, teachers included!!

It's sick how fair weather the youth is. All my "friends" are Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls fans. I get an endless arguments and fights and this name just escalated it all. Doesn't matter though, still love it. Love the name and ignorance they display.
    BMHS '03 here (man I'm starting to feel old already)... and why would anyone there mock pretty much anything Benson does... don't they know he's the best known alum?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolaaaaa aaaaaaaaa!!!!! PELICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANS!
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    The good news gents as I have said all along, and stuck my repuation to, is that it would never be Voodoo. I'm not a big fan but at least it's not pagan. I hope they keep New Orleans on the jersey's instead of Pelicans.
    You have yet to have one shred of information to support anything that comes from that thing you do in place thinking.

Laughing-Stock..... Let the 25 game losing streak commence.

I see the page(s) are down. FIRE THE BUM FOR THE HORRIBLE NEWS!
    Last edited by boot318; 01-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I haven't seen Big Dub around here in quite a while now....might there be something to that? All I know is that I really hope things worked out for a local! We love locals!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    Laughing-Stock..... Let the 25 game losing streak commence.
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I haven't seen Big Dub around here in quite a while now....might there be something to that? All I know is that I really hope things worked out for a local!
    Didn't he say he got contacted? His absence can only be a good thing! He's not on the other sites, either.

Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I bet they're not much of Lakers fans lately.
    Actually, they're such strong bandwagoners that they don't even truly realize the shambles that franchise is in. They're comebacks have to do with being up on the Hornets in standings.

Pshhhtt. Not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    BMHS '03 here (man I'm starting to feel old already)... and why would anyone there mock pretty much anything Benson does... don't they know he's the best known alum?

Ignorance at its finest!

Hall of Famer
    Man.

I've loved everything about the Hornets (logo, colors, jerseys, etc) dating back to their days in Charlotte. I remember being so excited and happy that one of my favorite teams was coming to my state. I've managed to get my hands on several different NO Hornets jerseys (Mash, B. Diddy, CP3, etc) and I consider their current look to be among the NBA's best of all-time. The style and color of the jerseys evoke a party atmosphere, a party like only New Orleans can hold. Their look embraces New Orleans while staying true to their Charlotte roots, and holding to their history, both good and bad.

"Hornets means nothing" be damned. Regardless of whether Pelicans fits New Orleans better or not, this 21-year-old Charlotte/New Orleans Hornets fan from Baton Rouge, Louisiana will greatly miss HIS Hornets.

And before anyone asks, no, slapping a coat of Hornets paint on the Bobcats won't help one bit, no matter who says otherwise. The Kings will never be the real Sonics, and the Bobcats will never be the real Hornets. History can be twisted, but it can never be changed.

HR Sim League

Exactly. I'm still a high schooler and of course I'm the only one who likes it. That's also because at Brother Martin, I'm probably the largest Hornets fan- bar none. And one of few at all. It's sad but will change with winning times. I remember when the name was first leaked, all I heard about the name Pelicans was followed by a sarcastic joke, teachers included!!

It's sick how fair weather the youth is. All my "friends" are Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls fans. I get an endless arguments and fights and this name just escalated it all. Doesn't matter though, still love it. Love the name and ignorance they display.
    High schooler from St Paul's here and the exact situation you described happens at my school. They also fail to realize there are worse names such as the knicks and lakers. And I totally agree with you on the liking the name.

Ignorance at its finest!
    that man gave A LOT of money to that school... the little practice gym in the Ridgley Center and the "Mall" as it's called is named after him

edit: and if you read my sig... you know I'm all aboard the Pelican Express
    Last edited by rt0307; 01-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

As long as we have a cool logo it will help me get over the name quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by eman26 View Post
    High schooler from St Paul's here and the exact situation you described happens at my school. They also fail to realize there are worse names such as the knicks and lakers. And I totally agree with you on the liking the name.
    Knicks and Lakers aren't worse. Knickerbockers was a popular term in those old days. I'd love New Orleans Lakers. Makes a lot of sense here.

Are we going to fly a live Pelican around the arena before every home game now? Have a fish tossing contest straight from lake Pontchartrain at halftime? How about a race to see which one can stuff down the most CBD Pigeons?

Endless possibilities tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Knicks and Lakers aren't worse. Knickerbockers was a popular term in those old days. I'd love New Orleans Lakers. Makes a lot of sense here.

Are we going to fly a live Pelican around the arena before every home game now? Have a fish tossing contest straight from lake Pontchartrain at halftime? How about a race to see which one can stuff down the most CBD Pigeons?

Haha good point but its the people that have no idea what the names significance is and say "oh they Kobe and Carmelo therefore everything about cant be topped and everything is perfect about them". I didn't necessarily mean the names are bad but these bandwagon fans make them seem amazing but do a poor job explaining why they are causing me to completely contradict them.

Sorry for tangent. I don't like to talk too much shown by the 19 posts. Haha

New Orleans Carnival was my preference, but Pelicans is what it is. I'll get merchandise and support the team regardless.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Whether your joking or being sarcastic (I can never tell with you), I think you're obviously taking this way too literal. Not many other teams do stuff with their mascot like that.

The Bucks don't let a freaking deer run loose before tipoff to get everyone pumped up, nor do the T-Wolves. The Heat don't make the arena a sauna. So on and so forth.

And as for what the media thinks; do they think real highly of us as is?

Whether your joking or being sarcastic (I can never tell with you), I think you're obviously taking this way too literal. Not many other teams do stuff with their mascot like that.

The Bucks don't let a freaking deer run loose before tipoff to get everyone pumped up, nor do the T-Wolves. The Heat don't make the arena a sauna. So on and so forth.

And as for what the media thinks; do they think real highly of us as is?
    Not so fast bro. We don't do abstract here in Louisiana. Ever been to Baton Rouge? Even still, I think it'd be cooler than heck if they let a big 30 point Buck scare the crap out of an opposing team, or a pack of T-Wolves roam around the other team's bench in Target center. Get some hot chicks off South Beach, turn up the heat so they have to get almost naked and distract the other team straight to victory.

Then, come here and unleash the PELICANS!

I think It's going to be sweet. Remember, they are counting on this to make a BOAT LOAD of jack. Surely, they get this right. (They will, and please don't call them Shirley)

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Bye my beloved Hornets

So they had this meeting and will hold a press conference without Loomis being present? Hmmmm right

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    Richard Simmons disagrees.

Thread Information