Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

I hope the logo is cartoonish, I'm tired of seeing intimidating animals in US teams logos.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
    yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

WOWWWW. Hell no, hornets forever. How am I suppose to talk stuff about my team and we the pelicans. Just won a dollar on a bet. Told that dude we'd beat the Celtics
    Ballin

Happy to get this over with.

I can't wear to see our new uniforms!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I am a bit scared, but excited. Hopefully the colors are unique and not navy or red like half the NBA already has.

Umm Emilo's Tweet seems to be gone now...
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Make that his whole twitter page is gone now

Makes me wish I didn't like basketball so much. Gonna need some counseling and lots of codeine. *sigh*

This guy may not have a job any longer. How dumb can you be?!?

Anywho, I'd really love it to just say NOLA on the chest of the jersey. Can't wait to see em and the logo. Although I think they'll unveil the logo and the fact that its official Thursday, part of me is highly doubtful they reveal the jerseys.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Well the cat's out of the bag now, maybe they'll announce the presser tomorrow.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Makes me wish I didn't like basketball so much. Gonna need some counseling and lots of codeine. *sigh*
    My God dude, get over it So dramatic

Joe Gerrity
    ‏@GerrityJoe
    We can now say with 100 percent certainty that theNew Orleans Hornets will be rebranded as the Pelicans starting next season.

Well either Joe is just running with it or he knows something as well.

Pelicans News from Team's Spanish Broadcaster, Emilo Peralta

Can't wait. Most people I've talked to love it. Not calling anyone ignorant who doesn't like it but the people I've talked to who do not like it, are usually ignorant of the team, significance of name, and the entire situation as a whole.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Can't wait. Most people I've talked to love it. Not calling anyone ignorant who doesn't like it but the people I've talked to who do not like it, are usually ignorant of the team, significance of name, and the entire situation as a whole.
    I have found the same here in New Zealand, people who have read the articles explaining the significance think its great - those who look at the name at face value only mock it.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Same. I put this on FB and it has 9 likes and one dislike by an old friend of mine in the comments who is a Lakers fan...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatChristian View Post
    The good news gents as I have said all along, and stuck my repuation to, is that it would never be Voodoo. I'm not a big fan but at least it's not pagan. I hope they keep New Orleans on the jersey's instead of Pelicans.
    Geeze dude, let that stuff go. I thought we had caught a break and you had left the forum, guess we aren't so lucky.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    PUMPED! Thursday can either be one of the greatest "I will buy so many hats and jerseys!" days or one of the "No... I'd rather wear teal than that...." days. Excited either way.

Exactly. I'm still a high schooler and of course I'm the only one who likes it. That's also because at Brother Martin, I'm probably the largest Hornets fan- bar none. And one of few at all. It's sad but will change with winning times. I remember when the name was first leaked, all I heard about the name Pelicans was followed by a sarcastic joke, teachers included!!

It's sick how fair weather the youth is. All my "friends" are Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls fans. I get an endless arguments and fights and this name just escalated it all. Doesn't matter though, still love it. Love the name and ignorance they display.

What do you guys think? They'll go with more retro look like 76ers, Warriors? Or more modern look like Seahawks?

IMO, the "intimidation factor" of the name is WAY overrated.

The Franchise
    What do you guys think? They'll go with more retro look like 76ers, Warriors? Or more modern look like Seahawks?
    I am hoping modern. Retro is safe and will no doubt look great, but I am all for the high risk high reward option.

The Franchise
    IMO, the "intimidation factor" of the name is WAY overrated.
    I am really finding myself agreeing to your posts today, but I have always thought this. Can anyone really imagine a player sitting in the locker room being intimidated because he is playing a team with an intimidating name? Players will be intimidated by a good team and the names on the back of the jersey, not the front

I think it'll be a bit of both, understated but with new vectoring and a "newer" look. The one I posted earlier wouldn't surprise me at all, it fits both of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    I am hoping modern. Retro is safe and will no doubt look great, but I am all for the high risk high reward option.
    If you go too hard into the paint you get elbowed and end up with the Raptors.

Exactly. I'm still a high schooler and of course I'm the only one who likes it. That's also because at Brother Martin, I'm probably the largest Hornets fan- bar none. And one of few at all. It's sad but will change with winning times. I remember when the name was first leaked, all I heard about the name Pelicans was followed by a sarcastic joke, teachers included!!

It's sick how fair weather the youth is. All my "friends" are Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Bulls fans. I get an endless arguments and fights and this name just escalated it all. Doesn't matter though, still love it. Love the name and ignorance they display.
    I bet they're not much of Lakers fans lately.

Thread Information