Pelicans Report

Thread: News on Davis' Ankle?

Banned

Question News on Davis' Ankle?

Anyone know his status?

Jim Eichenhofer‏@Jim_Eichenhofer

Anthony Davis on ankle: "It's good. I came down on a ref's foot and rolled it." Davis said he's "pretty sure" he'll play Wednesday at Spurs
    Seemed just precautionary.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Wasn't even taped when he came back out after halftime fwiw.
    Wherehappens.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty on Anthony Davis status for Wednesday: "We certainly don’t want to put him out there if he’s not ready to play close to 100 percent.”

14m Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Anthony Davis (ankle) is listed as day-to-day. Monty: "We’ll see how he is tomorrow morning after going through some work (practice) today."

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

New Orleans Hornets power forward Anthony Davis practiced Tuesday wearing a brace to protect his sprained left ankle, but Coach Monty Williams said he is listed as day-to-day and will be re-evaluated Wednesday morning to determine if he will play against the San Antonio Spurs.

Davis sprained his ankle in Monday's game against the Sacramento Kings after he stepped on the foot of an official in the second quarter. Despite scoring 11 points and grabbed six rebounds, Davis did not return after the injury occurred.

Davis was not made available to the media Tuesday, but near the end of practice when the Hornets went through a shooting drill, Davis didn’t appear to have any problems moving on his ankle.

See ya next week...maybe...bro.

Anthony Davis ankle is mildly sprained and about to fall off...

Eric Gordon's knee is also feeling a bit sluggish and may need a clean up procedure.

Let's let Greivis play out of his mind, Anderson league the league in 3s, Lopez show us that he's worth being our C of the future, and let's see X make himself a paycheck, Rivers show why he was a terrible pick, and Thomas prove that he shouldn't be on an NBA roster. While Smith just pumps up the crowd and Mason vies for oldest player on the team honors again next year.

Embrace the secret tank fellas! Think about Shabazz, Proythress, Zeller, Carter-Williams, or Smart next season... glorious.

Monty said in this audio that Davis went full practice today. I think if it were really bad he probably would've sat out today's practice.

Sounds like it was more precautionary than serious. Considering they were playing the kings and were up by 20, they wouldnt(rather shouldnt) have needed him to finish them off.
    "This Game is Rigged Man" - Preston "Bodie" Broadus : The Wire Season 4 EP 13

Quote Originally Posted by TBlaze View Post

Eric Gordon's knee is also feeling a bit sluggish and may need a clean up procedure.

Let's let Greivis play out of his mind, Anderson league the league in 3s, Lopez show us that he's worth being our C of the future, and let's see X make himself a paycheck, Rivers show why he was a terrible pick, and Thomas prove that he shouldn't be on an NBA roster. While Smith just pumps up the crowd and Mason vies for oldest player on the team honors again next year.

Embrace the secret tank fellas! Think about Shabazz, Proythress, Zeller, Carter-Williams, or Smart next season... glorious.
    why would we tank against a team in which we already have a slim chance of beating?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Hornets already beat them once.

News on Davis' Ankle?

Silly post

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

News on Davis' Ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    why would we tank against a team in which we already have a slim chance of beating?
    I didn't mean just on Weds...

I meant the rest of the season. Kill the Hornets game and let it die... rebirth and reload as the Pelicans and come out swinging and HEALTHY next year.

Silly post that.

I didn't mean just on Weds...

I meant the rest of the season. Kill the Hornets game and let it die... rebirth and reload as the Pelicans and come out swinging and HEALTHY next year.

Silly post that.
    yeah because real life is just like in 2k

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    yeah because real life is just like in 2k
    How is that 2k? Did you see any override trade for LeBron? Sign CP? Unload Lopez for Dwight mentions in there?

Tanking isn't 2k life... but it will get us healthier and a high draft pick.

And that... is what Si Robertson would call... "A Fact, Jack."

How is that 2k? Did you see any override trade for LeBron? Sign CP? Unload Lopez for Dwight mentions in there?

Tanking isn't 2k life... but it will get us healthier and a high draft pick.

And that... is what Si Robertson would call... "A Fact, Jack."
    I agree but at the same time disagree...

The team is currently building confidence and chemistry. And it's not like the team lacks youth or talent to where a high draft pick this year would be the difference in the franchise. No one in this draft is projected to be a superstar anyway.

Plus, going on a win streak at the end of last year ended up not hurting the Hornets' chances of getting Davis. Having the worst or second worst record is no guarantee of a top draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    I agree but at the same time disagree...

The team is currently building confidence and chemistry. And it's not like the team lacks youth or talent to where a high draft pick this year would be the difference in the franchise. No one in this draft is projected to be a superstar anyway.

Plus, going on a win streak at the end of last year ended up not hurting the Hornets' chances of getting Davis. Having the worst or second worst record is no guarantee of a top draft pick.
    I'm not saying tank for the worst record or anything like that. What I'm saying is that we are playing really good right now, but if we aren't auditioning Gordon for trades or anything and we're truly out of contention... I'd rather finish lower in the West than right on the fringe of the playoffs. It was unfortunate that we started off the season very unhealthy w/ Davis, Gordon, and to some extent Rivers.

If we're out, then let's be all the way out. If we keep stringing this streak together, then so be it. But let's not chance anything and risk injury if people aren't 100%.

Thread Information