Pelicans Report

Thread: EG's 1st dunK?

EG's 1st dunK?

I can' t remember Gordon having any other dunks this season, nor do I remember a dunk by him at the end of last season. It was a nice slam and he landed firmly on both feet. His overall movement seemed much better today than the last game. Perhaps he has turned the corner on getting his legs back into basketball shape. He wanted the ball.

And by the way, that foul called on him near the end of the game for the ball strip was all ball and a bogus foul.

His had a few dunks this season already, wide open but i agree the dunk today was pretty sweet.
    He did this at the end of last season. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Guciiu3oe0

He's got a number of sick dunks on his resume, mainly from his Clipper days.

I just don't remember any since he came back after the knee problems, particularly this season. He would just lay it in and not elevate for a slam. Pantazis76 thinks he remembers some but were any of these slams this season?

I definitely recognize the outtro music in that first clip...

Yes that is the slam dunk EG had today. Thanks Droopydawg for posting. Evidently he is quite a dunker when healthy - as mentioned in that
    2nd video above. Hope we see a lot more now.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanback View Post
    I just don't remember any since he came back after the knee problems, particularly this season. He would just lay it in and not elevate for a slam. Pantazis76 thinks he remembers some but were any of these slams this season?
    Today was his first in the 10 games he's played this season. Had quite a few in the 9 games last season, but he had plenty 38/39 minute games last year before and after surgery. Averaging 29 minutes so far this year.

he did dunk it once this season.. it was a wide open fast break. it wasnt big

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Maybe the key to him staying healthy is to not dunk :shrug: Not being as wildly aggressive at the rim. Using lay-ups or floaters instead. Whatever will keep this guy healthy I'm down for.

EG's 1st dunK?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanback View Post
    Yeah, yesterday was his first. He's had some layups that look like dunks but they're not. Yesterday's was sick

EG's 1st dunK?

Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    I definitely recognize the outtro music in that first clip...

We should get some more New Orleans-esque music for our outtros.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    he did dunk it once this season.. it was a wide open fast break. it wasnt big
    Yeah. Gordon did indeed dunk in one of those first few games, I remember it also. Last night was not his first dunk of the season.

Thread Information