Pelicans Report

Thread: Grizz/Cavs multi player trade

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Grizz/Cavs multi player trade

ESPN NBA - Grizzlies have agreed to multiplayer trade with the Cavs, slicing more than $6M of payroll, sources say.
    Gay staying or leaving?
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 01-22-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Grizzlies to trade Speights, Ellington, Selby and draft pick for Cavs' Jon Leuer

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...aft-pick-cavs/
    SIGN A SF

It is centered around Gay in the fact that its meant to be able to keep/afford him.

Didn't see this thread, and made one, deleted it now. But heres what I put up:

Memphis Grizzlies Recieve:
    Jon Leuer

Cleveland Cavs Receive:
    Marreese Speights
    Wayne Ellington
    Josh Selby
    Future First

"Memphis would send Marreese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Selby to Cleveland for Jon Leuer to slice more than $6 million off their payroll and get under the luxury tax threshold" From the ESPN article

"The trade saves the Grizzlies about $4M, pushing them under the tax line and eliminating financial need to move Rudy Gay this season". - Ken Berger
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Who the heck is John leuer??

Wow i feel bad for memphis! That new ownership comes is a wrecks what could have been a really great team!

Will Memphis be worse after this trade? Possibly, but they didn't give up the kind of players that make a team a contender. Good for them.

Trading away a first round pick is a shame, though.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If that is the trade then it is great for Cavs. I understand what the Grizz are trying to accomplish but jeez it seems like they are always getting rid of someone. They made a huge mistake by getting rid of Vasquez.

Best case scenario for the Grizzlies. They get to keep that core intact and shed salary in the process.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Reported that Ellington is going to Cleveland now on twitter
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    If that is the trade then it is great for Cavs. I understand what the Grizz are trying to accomplish but jeez it seems like they are always getting rid of someone. They made a huge mistake by getting rid of Vasquez.
    While I agree, Greivis would have always been stuck behind Conley. And it turns out that they really like Quincy over there. Plays sort of a sixth man role and can really nail the corner three at either the 2, 3, or 4. Also turned into a fan favorite.

It was a great trade for both teams.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Cavs had to waive Jeremy Pargo to make it go through, Mason had the same idea (on twitter) as me. Should we look at him?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Speights is pretty good. He played pretty well last year when filling in for Randolph. That's a good deal for Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Cavs had to waive Jeremy Pargo to make it go through, Mason had the same idea (on twitter) as me. Should we look at him?
    Is this same guy who had been playing pretty well? Real athletic and what not?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I know very little about him but Hollinger says he is a good finisher and not a great shooter. He played pretty solid when Irving was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Reported that Ellington is going to Cleveland now on twitter
    I take it that someone else here follows the UNC twitter feeds... haha.

Ellington was starting to get some run too. Now he's buried behind Miles, Waiters, Gibson, etc. At least he gets to join Z, who is starting the rest of the season now.

Selby is intriguing as a former #1, but then again, so was X. (who I still love by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    You might be mixing him up with Jannero Pargo from Atlanta, who just came off a 14-point fourth quarter.

And yes it's that Jannero Pargo.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    You might be mixing him up with Jannero Pargo from Atlanta, who just came off a 14-point fourth quarter.

And yes it's that Jannero Pargo.
    Naaaahhhh.... they were right. His brother Jeremy was getting some solid run in November/December when Kyrie went down and was actually playing really good. He was above Gibson on the depth chart and had some really good games.

But I guess now that Gibson is back healthy, and Irving too... they felt the need to sure up the SG spot. Though I'm not sure if they project Selby as a backup PG or a 2. Regardless, log jam over there on the wing w/ Miles, Gee, Waiters, Ellington, Selby, Cassipi, etc...

jeremy pargo was playing great while kyrie irving was out. would definitely be an upgrade to sloan/roberts

Hollinger likes Leur, if I recall correctly. I don't have my insider anymore, but I do remember reading a glowing article on underrated 12th guys on the bench. Leur was in that. The grizzlies will make some questionable moves to the public eye, but I think Hollinger knows what he's doing.

Yeah, i remember reading that article.

*Love the name by the way*

Those signings aren't that bad for what they just gave up. I'm very confused as to why in the hell Sam Young hasn't been offered a 10 day by us... (if he's still out there on the market)

Thread Information