Pelicans Report

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Gameday Thread: Warriors @ Hornets

For the life of me, why jennings? I swear i'm never going to get it. Please do explain, i'm curious.

I am no Vasquez fan boy, but if saying he played a good game last night, and was the least of our problems, makes me a Vasquez fan boy...well guilty as charged. It's like saying having common sense is a bad thing.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Can someone do me a favor and quote one post, any post, that states that Vasquez was the sole reason or biggest reason for the loss last night?

I can't seem to find it, yet people keep whining about said sentiment.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Can someone do me a favor and quote one post, any post, that states that Vasquez was the sole reason or biggest reason for the loss last night?

You clearly hate Vasquez, as asking for such proof means you don't think it exists, which means you are running a conspiracy to blindside Vasquez with hate.

It's up to everyone else who loves Vasquez to stop you.

Your gall amazes me.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post

I believe this is where it started

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Greivis had a bad night? 15 assists, 3 stls, but only 8 points is a bad night? Blaming Vasquez must be a security blanket for some of you guys.
    in reply to ^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Of course no one person is to blame. They lost as a team. i think he was just pointing out he wasn't shooting well.
    IT WAS YOU UNO lol. That's the first I see of anyone talking about blaming anyone. Then the s#!tshow started Poor choice of words UNO

Or bad reading someone else.

I don't believe I was the first one critiquing Vasquez's play but what do I know, I thought he had a good game.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If I personally had to assign blame (which I dont think is necessary, but if I had to), the order would go:

1.) Gordon
    2.) Refs
    3.) Monty

Look, you are up 110-108 with the ball in your possession and you put the ball in the hands of your "closer". He makes a cross court pass that I still dont get. Steal. FT's, tie game. Then he has a horrible defender in Curry one-on-oneand he settles for a 20 footer. In that situation, Curry is praying that Gordon settles, and Gordon oblidged. Next thing you know, it is 112-110 the other way. If he gets credit for the closes, he gets the blame when he blows a save. That simple.

The refs were unreal and the Warriors lived at the line in the 2nd half. The Hornets really stepped up their D, but it was somewhat negated by the number of free points the Warriors got.

Finally, Monty. The Hornets are up 102-95 and Davis has already been on the bench for 7 in-game minutes plus 2 timeouts and the break between the third and fourth. He is rested and Monty could have put him back in to close the game out. Instead, he leaves in Smith and Ezili owns the glass, getting the Warriors 2nd chance points and GS goes on a 9-0 run before Monty gets him back in.

Could have put them away, instead we open the door and they steal the game.

That is my order, but again, I dont really care to assign blame and I come out of this game with excitement about the future. This season is just one where we learn our lessons- sometimes the hard way
    one play certainly didnt decide this game, but that "pass" of Gordon's was truly one of the most puzzling things I have seen in a very, very long time....it made absolutely no sense at all and Lord knows what might have been going through his head at the time....I am like you, Mike.....I just dont get it....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Offensive Rating - 120.5

Anderson - 141 (27 minutes)
    Aminu - 139 (34 minutes)
    Davis - 137 (31 minutes)
    Vasquez - 123 (34 minutes)
    Gordon - 117 (30 minutes)
    Smith - 117 (17 minutes)
    Mason - 113 (19 minutes)
    Rivers - 95 (14 minutes) turnovers hurt him
    Lopez - 80 (19 minutes)
    Thomas - 79 (3 minutes)
    Henry - 39 (7 minutes)

Defensive Rating - 124.8

Thomas - 88
    Davis - 116
    Aminu - 120
    Vasquez - 121
    Gordon - 124
    Mason - 126
    Anderson - 131 (defense has been a downer this season)
    Lopez - 132
    Henry - 135
    Rivers - 135
    Smith - 135

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Jarrett Jack having another nice yr, I'm surprised we couldn't get more for him in a trade

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Yeah, seriously... I understand why we traded him, but to not get ANYTHING in return? Still puzzles me.

Thread Information