Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Warriors @ Hornets

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Looking at Ticketmaster it looks like the upper bowl is pretty much sold out (23 sold out, 7 left, a few with only singles).

Only 103 club seats left, give or take a few lol

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Yeah but that can be misleading. Those are the actual tickets sold but they could still be for sale on SH and the like. Good sign that they're not many on their, either.

Excited.
    Wherehappens.

New profile pics what?!?!?!

edit: oh i guess they are the same. msn just kept more of their jerseys and changed the background
    Last edited by GeneralGreivis; 01-19-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Looking at Ticketmaster it looks like the upper bowl is pretty much sold out (23 sold out, 7 left, a few with only singles).

Only 103 club seats left, give or take a few lol
    Wow even stub hub running low. I got tickets off there earlier in the week and there were tons!
    GONNA BE PACKED TONIGHT!!!

Yo yo who needs a ticket?

packed house will be sweet!!

Am I the only one who thinks Brock from Pokemon whenever I see Jarret Jack hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I've seen way too many teams that played the night before come in playing with lots of energy while we've looked like the team that played the night before. Hopefully that's not the case tonight.

By the looks of Ticketmaster, the Hive/Nest, whatever you want to call it, will be rocking tonight. GEAUX HORNETS!
    Back to backs are overrated. A constant motion game like basketball can sometimes mean quick rust if you have a few days rest. GS will probably start fast and the Hornets slow.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Back to backs are overrated. A constant motion game like basketball can sometimes mean quick rust if you have a few days rest. GS will probably start fast and the Hornets slow.
    Probably. Then GS will lose their legs and the Hornets will find theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Brock from Pokemon whenever I see Jarret Jack hahaha
    nah i always thought that too. its jack in an animated version

Gameday Thread: Warriors @ Hornets

Playing a gig tonight with my band. Gonna miss it :'(

*ticket claimed*
    Last edited by Mr. Mojo; 01-19-2013 at 03:35 PM.

finally, a chance to talk the game with everyone during a hornets game! cant wait for tonite.
    "This Game is Rigged Man" - Preston "Bodie" Broadus : The Wire Season 4 EP 13

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    negaman

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    negaman
    Works both ways. See the Hornets last game.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    With the Warriors getting run out of San Antonio and playing their major guys major minutes last night, I hope this team that plays at such a slow pace can take advantage of the Warriors miscues and turn the turnovers into points. Stephen Curry won't play but if the Warriors happen to struggle, you gotta figure that Cheddar (Jarrett Jack) is gonna try and get his team into the game with the floater he's showed us over the last few years.

My concern also with this game is containing David Lee. In the last game against us, he took AD out of his shoes many many times so I wanna see if Monty took these last 2 days and showed Davis the footwork issues he's gonna have to deal with for tonight's game. Landry is also a big time issue down in the paint with us but we need to have Robin play smart and catch a few low passes for once.

I'm hopeful that this team can take advantage of GS being tired and get into their sets faster and build a lead early. EJ is back and I'm looking forward to seeing him get to the paint and get his pivot step back to creating his own shot and drilling it. With that all said, Grevis has been fantastic and I'm really looking forward to tonight's game.

Hornets by 7.

Just a funny picture I found when looking for one for the r/hornets subreddit for tonights matchup:

HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Just read on Rotoworld that Lee is questionable for tonight.

Update:

Steph Curry will give it a go tonight. David Lee out
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Hm, interesting. Didn't expect this to happen at all.

Wondering if Curry missing and Lee playing would've been better or worse for us. I'm thinking worse.

Lee is a bigger matchup problem for us IMO. I actually like Gordon on Curry and Vasquez on Thompson, plus Curry did not put an ounce of ball pressure on Vasquez the last time these two met, so Greivis had a field day.

Huge advantage for the Hornets now in the frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Hm, interesting. Didn't expect this to happen at all.

Wondering if Curry missing and Lee playing would've been better or worse for us. I'm thinking worse.
    i think it's about the same either way. both backups are former hornets and have been just as productive as the other. I think Lee's rebounding ability is a huge loss for them so i'd say this is better for us if I had to pick.

gotta take advantage and win this game. Steph Curry may still be hobbled so the advantage is in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    AHHHHHH Im in College, screw clubing, I have HORNETS FEVER!!! Lol. I cant wait for this game man.... Is it me or Grevis is slowly turning into something special?

Yea I said it....

And i reaaaaaaaaaaaaly wish they were more Hornets fans at ULL, im such a loner here as a fan, please HMU any ULL Hornets fans!! Strength in numbers!!!
    . Not in UL, but we've got a few die hard Hornets fans here in Broussard!

Thread Information