Pelicans Report

Thread: GV is on HGTV

GV is on HGTV

I am watching it right now. Show is called "Scoring the Deal." He is picking out his apartment.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

GV is on HGTV

Did they say only 5k a month

Thanks for the reminder. I'll set my dvr to catch it at 1:30am.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm disappointed in your Hunny.

Yeah $3-$5k. He wants a 3 bedroom and these idiots are struggling to find a place to put him in.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I'm disappointed in your Hunny.
    I forgot.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I rely on you to remind me of things like this lol

Atleast you reminded me to DVR it

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I rely on you to remind me of things like this lol

Atleast you reminded me to DVR it
    Somebody in the game thread mentioned Vasquez tweeting about it at halftime and I STILL forgot. I saw GV mentioned this about a week ago on his twitter and yep, I still forgot. Thank goodness for UNO tonite because I wanted to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He is picking out his apartment.
    In NOLA?

Yeah. How can you not find a nice place in New Orleans for between $3-$5 k? You can get into 1201 Canal Place is amazing, downtown, and $4k for 4 bedrooms.

Yeah. How can you not find a nice place in New Orleans for between $3-$5 k? You can get into 1201 Canal Place is amazing, downtown, and $4k for 4 bedrooms.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are places he can find in that range.

They asked him the #1 thing he needs in a home, he answered " Not da kitchen, Not da master bedroom. I need De Fence."

Corny joke of the day provided by Michael McNamara and 'In the No' sponsor Audible.com
    @mcnamara247

Starter
    Yeah $3-$5k. He wants a 3 bedroom and these idiots are struggling to find a place to put him in.
    Its very difficult to find a 3 bedroom on downtown NOLA, especially in that price range. I have a 2 bedroom that rents for 3500 a month in the warehouse district. Its nice but I wouldn't say it is NBA nice. In fact, my agent told me that Lance Thomas looked at it a few months ago and passed. It is currently rented to some BP attorneys. Of the 58 units in my building there is only 1 unit that is a 3 bedroom so they are few and far between.

I see someone mentioned 1201 Canal. This units are very nice inside, actually beautiful, but its not a desirable location. I looked at some in that building and one of the units that the agent showed me had a view of the projects. Wife and i just didn't feel safe walking around that far down Canal at night. And if you can't walk to everything while you are staying down there what is the point of living down there?

Im very interested to see the show.

Where was it that Chris Paul used to live? Somewhere on the river right? Is that place too expensive for Grievis? Where do other Hornets live? Does 930 Poydras have 3 bedrooms?

ETA: It looked like he went ahead and took one of those apts on the show though.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Where was it that Chris Paul used to live? Somewhere on the river right? Is that place too expensive for Grievis? Where do other Hornets live? Does 930 Poydras have 3 bedrooms?

ETA: It looked like he went ahead and took one of those apts on the show though.
    Chris and Reggie both lived in 1 River Place which is obvioulsy close the the river down by Drago's. And there would be nothing avaiable in there anywhere close to 5k a month to rent. They sell well over a million.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hornet View Post
    Chris and Reggie both lived in 1 River Place which is obvioulsy close the the river down by Drago's. And there would be nothing avaiable in there anywhere close to 5k a month to rent. They sell well over a million.
    Oh yeah then. That's definitely out of Gravy's range.

Im proud to say that Gravy is my neighbor! Jason Smith, Austin Rivers and Randy Ayers also live in the same building.

Who is the worst of your neighbors?

Coach Ayers by a landslide! I'm always having to call security for him to turn down his music. Hookers constantly going in and out at all hours of the night. JK. The building is huge. I only run into one here and there.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by nativerhythms View Post
    Coach Ayers by a landslide! I'm always having to call security for him to turn down his music. Hookers constantly going in and out at all hours of the night. JK. The building is huge. I only run into one here and there.
    Just out of curiosity are you talking about the Cotton Mill?

I saw this segment with Rivers doing some shopping and I thought he was pulling out of the woodward, then he went to Rouses. Why they filmed him shopping is beyond me. Most of them live in the CBD. I saw AD at rouses, so he must live around here as well.

I have a few coworkers doing BP work held up at the Cotton Mill, while others are at 1201 Canal. Neither is a bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hornet View Post
    Just out of curiosity are you talking about the Cotton Mill?
    Yeah

Starter
    I figurred that. My place isn't in the Cotton Mill but it is around that area. I looked at some units in there but didn't like the amount of pets running around and the number of units in the building. I may have to start looking in there again for additional investments at some point. I have heard great things since I bought mine a few blocks away.

Still no link to this?
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

Thread Information