Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype

I've always wanted to do a podcast for the sim league, I just didn't know if there'd be interest in one
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I've always wanted to do a podcast for the sim league, I just didn't know if there'd be interest in one
    More than welcome to be a part of this one, or be the counter argument. Either way. It'll bring a new dynamic to the league in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    More than welcome to be a part of this one, or be the counter argument. Either way. It'll bring a new dynamic to the league in my opinion.
    Agreed, just like all the other contributions outside of the actual league activities do. It's been really great lately and hopefully it continues

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    @BucksNation: Can't believe the week is over! What a great start to the season... Got out of prison just in time! This is gunna be great! #GeraldWho

@FSN: Rockets FO is done building on this year's roster. Will listen to offers, but believes this team is set to make a playoff run. Evaluating next year's free agents now.
    @FSN: FO does not want to add anymore salary to next season unless obvious large upgrade occurs. Up to 32 million in cap space for next season.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 05-09-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

@FSN: Long-term nucleus is set with Melo, Big Al, and Okafor. Now looking for long-term depth to solidify roster.
    @FSN: Team wants Manu back. Not ruling out max offer. Views him as an important piece. Team has room for 2 max contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    How conservatively is Houston approaching FA with Melo and others due for big pay raises down the line?

@FSH: PG position is question mark. Livingston may not be ready to start. Stoudamire most likely will not be brought back. Not looking for All-Star caliber PG
    @FSH: Could make max offer for All-Star caliber PG, but depth is more important long-term. Strong backups will be the targets. Expect to team to overpay if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    How conservatively is Houston approaching FA with Melo and others due for big pay raises down the line?
    @FSH:@BeeballReasons: Not conservative at all when it comes to long-term depth. Team wants to supply nucleus with strong role players long-term. Will spend entire cap room

@Lakersnation:*Que Imperial March*

Last edited by BallSoHard; 05-09-2013 at 01:31 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

"Imperial March"

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    @FSH: FO being proactive long-term to compete with the Lakers in the West. Lakers are also proactive. Rockets want to stay competitive with them
    @FSH: Rockets FO views Lakers as main long-term threat in the West. Know Lakers will continue to build roster. FA is biggest priority at this time for the FO

@FSH: Rockets not afraid of luxury tax. Biggest profits ever thanks to staying under luxury tax for last two seasons and increased revenue from TV deal and new Toyota Center
    @FSH: Rockets have plenty of cash to act as big market team long-term. Plus trying to rack up points as well long-term

@FSH: Rockets were in discussions about acquiring Shaq, but were concerned about future cap issues which would hurt solidifying roster. Okafor and Manu were main pieces in trade talks.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    @MilwaukeeBucks: Impressed with how the Rockets have kept a humble air about the organization... Now stop Tweeting and respond to messages!

Updated
    Appreciated

I don't get sigs on my work computer. They're blocked.

@SportsGuy: Hearing what @FSH is saying is true...Celtics nearly had deals on the table for both Shaq AND Webber which would have made the team very interesting...I'm also told in neither scenario did the Celtics back out
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    @FSH@Sportsguy: Rockets felt trade offer by Celtics was more than fair. However, different philosophical approach was the reason why Rockets didn't pull trigger. Playing safe for now.

@LakersNation: Weird to not see Lakers involved in some sort of blockbuster. Weird or calm before the storm?

@FSH:@LakersNation: Rockets fans and FO felt hurricane sized storm brought by the Lakers in the sim. Causing sleepless nights, but well-learnes lessons on how to rule the West long-term

@SportsGuy: @LakersNation The Imperial March is a musical theme present in the Star Wars Franchise. It was composed by John Williams and it is often played in the films when Darth Vader appears...oh did you mean cue not ¿que?

@Lakersnation: @BillSimmons Perhaps the Cetics should worry about reaching .500 and not the various forms of cue or que.

@Lakersnation: @FSH Don't panic from 2 regular season games. Same thing happened to the Grizzlies versus you two weeks ago. Focus on getting better.

Thread Information