Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Hoopshype

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Mind-blowing how much he would have fit their need. Guess sending Bucks to the bottom of the division was a good consolation prize.

Sonics prepared to offer 180 million between Leandro Barbosa, Carmelo Anthony, and Shane Battier
    Worry that one of the RFA signs with them and is matched while the other switches teams.

Lakers from office always laughs at sonics trying to play mind games.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

@BucksNation: Surely the Raptors are withholding information
    Who said that is the official Raptors' twitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Lakers from office always laughs at sonics trying to play mind games.
    Say the Lakers while trying to use what they know about the Barbosa and Melo offers to figure out what Battier will get.

Word on the street is that the 76ers are looking to get younger and build around granger who they think will be a star this year

Quote Originally Posted by @FDT View Post
    Due to upcoming trade, Grizz hope to hit HR with MLE by nabbing a starting 1,
    2, or 3 and have many possible targets. No other plans in FA after MLE, am told remaining players fluid enough to fill other 2 spots
    Last edited by LoCo89; 08-10-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Say the Lakers while trying to use what they know about the Barbosa and Melo offers to figure out what Battier will get.
    Use the manipulation elsewhere. What the sonics do has no bearing on what the Lakers do.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    @SacTown Sacramento Kings may open trade talks to the league for PF Andrea Bargnani. Team plans to move Bargnani back to the 4 spot and sees promise, but are open to listen to offers.
    Last edited by NOLa.; 08-10-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Who has a good proxy for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Who has a good proxy for a phone.
    http://www.pro4xy.appspot.com/

@RipCity Portland staying quiet and waiting to see who signs with their original teams. With Finley retiring, all FA will come from outside sources this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Thanks man

@LAKERSNATION: Lakers very happy with Battier sacrificing $ to help the team.
    @LAKERSNATION: Lakers not completely done with FA, trying to put cherry on top of offseason sundae.
    @LAKERSNATION: With battier signing, long term viability of Josh Childress a question mark as the season moves along. Lakers will probably see how season goes before making any moves.

@SportsGuy: @LAKERSNATION Can you ask Mitch Kupcheck for a Swapbacksies? Celtics will struggle to score 90 ppg now #Chillifor3!!

@LeBatardShow: Heat can't afford to make many moves, but they still have their exceptions and are looking for backcourt depth
    @LeBatardShow: Management was happy with the end of season success and hopes to keep most of the same core from last year with hopes it will translate over into the next season
    @LeBatardShow: Stromile Swift and head coach Stan Van Gundy have reportedly not talked "for months." His time would be up in Miami if it weren't for, you know, his ridiculous contract and negative value

@SacTown Kings front office compiling final list for second bid wave. Recognize now is the time to spend cap on positions of need going forward.

Hall of Famer
    @JeezyF.Baby: The phrase being heard most around the Suns' facilities is "Greed is good." Suns do not want a repeat of last season, where one injury severely damaged them.

HR Sim League

@Lakersnation: Lakers feel they got Zach Randolph-Lite in Sow to play scoring bench role for 5% of the price.

@SacTown Kings fan excited about the several new additions to the team. Front office now reportedly interested in holding trade discussions for key players such as PF Andre Bargnani, PG/SGJuan Carlos Navarro, and SG Cuttino Mobley.

@MarkStein: Sources say, Hornets would be willing to move major pieces with deal contained young star.
    @LarryCoon: With above info, seems declining of Barbosa imminent. Matching would put Hornets at 18 Over the cap with only 10 players.
    @MarkStein: Work is Magic looking to shake things up by dealing young players for one good players. Shopping a number of packages around the league.
    @LarryCoon: Look for my piece later today on the luxury tax.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    @BucksNation: Sources says Bucks FO thrilled to add Desmond Mason and Dorrell Wright to the mix for their team. Both are versatile players who are young and defensive-minded.
    @BucksNation: Since using MLE, sources familiar with Bucks FO say they still remain active in signing some quality depth at a few positions. Cap Tax hit not an issue at the moment; will focus on looking to move pieces for cap relief mid-season, if necessary.

Rockets are just trying to sign some frontcourt fillers to backup the 6th man C/PF whether its Jefferson or Joe Smith. Depends on who's higher on the index after training camp.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

@FSH: Rockets Press Conference Scheduled for 3pm this afternoon. Will discuss roster moves, depth chart, and gameplan

@DetroitRockCity Kevin Martin...got better?...What?!?!
    @DetroitRockCity Kevin Martin is the hero Detroit needs right now, but not the one it deserves.
    This just popped up on my Twitter feed. Guessing that Detroit is happy.

Thread Information