Pelicans Report

Thread: Everything we hear now from Gordon Hornets wise and about Gordon is ultra positive

Everything we hear now from Gordon Hornets wise and about Gordon is ultra positive

I'm super dooper pumped for this team now more than ever before.

Excellent use of the term "dooper" I must say.

I am too..
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Hey the grey box is finally gone!!!
    *Ahem
    Yes it is quite good to see this tho the cynics will claim it is an act and just a part of his exit strategy.
    Jrue dat

I think the "cynics" argument is that his injury history suggests that he will get injured again. The argument that he was a baby who wanted to pout his way out of New Orleans was always a weak one and was held by very few people and that was the one always attacked by the optimists. The stronger argument was always the one where the data was looked at and objective people said that he is far more likely to continue getting injured than the average player, therefore he should be traded.
    @mcnamara247

Everything we hear now from Gordon Hornets wise and about Gordon is ultra positive

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think the "cynics" argument is that his injury history suggests that he will get injured again. The argument that he was a baby who wanted to pout his way out of New Orleans was always a weak one and was held by very few people and that was the one always attacked by the optimists. The stronger argument was always the one where the data was looked at and objective people said that he is far more likely to continue getting injured than the average player, therefore he should be traded.
    Are you one of those "cynics"

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

If I had to bet, I would bet that Gordon continues to get hurt at an above average clip for the remainder of his career, but I will always believe he is an exceptional player and a perfect fit for this team when he is on the court and his comments about his heart in Phoenix is a non-issue.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I just hope that once we finally go get back into the playoffs that Gordon doesn't have a horribly timed injury. Just gotta roll the dice I suppose, he's just too good not to.
    Wherehappens.

Gordon should be happy
    he is on a young team, he is "the man" and "the closer"
    he plays with a lot of young guys who appreciate him
    and phoenix is just a mess and the hornets will have soon more wins !

in my opinion gordon and the hornets too, where not very clever what they did and said in TV, but its done, so hope for the best !

Gordon has played really well he is a special talent. With that said I'm still in favor of trading him.

He still already missed a 1/4 of the season and will be missing even more games in the future even if he reframes from getting injuried/hurt or having any farther issues with the knee. He is a dynamic player with the ability and confidence to make big shots, but that hasn't changed the fact that in 4 years he has yet to prove his production can lead to consistent winning. What should be kept in perspective is that the NBA season is 82 games. So four or five games isn't enough to really gauge what Gordon's impact is to winning.

My concerns has never been Gordon's talents. It has always been his willingness to play in this city, his health issues, and his ability to transition for special talent to game changing player. It was and still is my opinion that there are far many things that are likely to go wrong than right with his contract.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 01-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Its honestly retarded to trade a player in the first year of his contract. He just wants to get paid like any other NBA player. If you continue to pay him, he'll want to play in the city. And why would he leave if Davis and whatever draft pick we get next year progresses.

Please remember, we decided to trade Tyson Chandler very early when he had all these injury concerns. Everyone thought that he would never get better, but he proved the doubters wrong and he's come back and played at a very high level, leading the Mavs to a title and his a huge cornerstone to the Knicks success. Haven't we learned from that lesson? Maybe at the end of year two of his contract I might reevaluate and if his health concerns are bad then we'll trade him. But come'on lets see what we have. You just don't trade away that talent in year one of his contract!
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

when he said those things this team was without anderson, lopez & GV wasn't who we thought GV was going to be.

he won't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Pon View Post
    Gordon should be happy
    he is on a young team, he is "the man" and "the closer"
    he plays with a lot of young guys who appreciate him
    and phoenix is just a mess and the hornets will have soon more wins !

in my opinion gordon and the hornets too, where not very clever what they did and said in TV, but its done, so hope for the best !
    This got me to thinking. The players and coaches are doing a FANTASTIC job of making gordon feel like the "cornerstone" he always wanted to be. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    This got me to thinking. The players and coaches are doing a FANTASTIC job of making gordon feel like the "cornerstone" he always wanted to be. lol
    That is true, he is getting everything he wanted in Phoenix but with a much much brighter future. I think all the excitement around Anthony Davis might've gotten into his ego which it shouldn't have because Monty and Dell continuously called him our best player. I hope he matures in that aspect and is willing to accept his position should Davis surpass him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Hornets guard Eric Gordon catered breakfast for the entire Hornets staff this morning. Classy.

Gordon sent Panera breakfast to all three Hornets offices and practice. The entire staff.

Using that new contract to good use. Good man.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Hornets guard Eric Gordon catered breakfast for the entire Hornets staff this morning. Classy.

Gordon sent Panera breakfast to all three Hornets offices and practice. The entire staff.

Using that new contract to good use. Good man.
    Thats awesome. Thanks for posting.

Gordon discusses his breakfast offerings.

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    One more big injury would kill his trade value. That's what worries me about Gordon. Though it's hard to wanna trade him when you see how much better this team is when he's on the cort.

the whole morale of this team has taken a huge 180 and i love it. Jason Smith's great bench celebrations get lost in all the other great stuff thats happened over the part week

i think that was the first time i saw him laugh since he is a hornet

Thread Information