Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Spurs @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Only 9 games out of the 8 seed with plenty left to play.

:-P
    As KG would say.... ANYTHING IS POSSSSSIIIBBBBLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!

Hoping for a good highlight vid for this game...my stream was crappy.

Who is this guy on the post game show?

"With Gordon back, things are gonna will be tremendously more easy for Greivis Vazquez.."

just got back from the game and the hive was in full effect. Gordon played pretty well...aminu defended really good....too much more to say but I loved the effort from the team tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    I'm not trying to say anything more! He shoots a lot thats it! I just find it amusing watching him do what he does considering we haven't had anyone who can score like this all year
    Jordan shot a lot. Especially after that year layoff. Kobe shoots a lot. Harden shoots a lot. Durant and Westbrook shoot like they're at practice...alone.

See the trend here?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    As KG would say.... ANYTHING IS POSSSSSIIIBBBBLLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!
    KIDS!!! You can actually fly!!!

Gameday Thread: Spurs @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    KIDS!!! You can actually fly!!!
    KEY&PEELE

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    A smiling A.Davis: "(Monty Williams) said I hit the rookie wall. I took that personally. I tried to play with a lot of energy from the jump"

Is it safe to say Vasquez is here to stay for a while because it's beginning to look like it

Am I the only one who still finds it difficult to imagine having both Rivers and Vasquez on our roster next year?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Ryan Anderson on NOLA first home since Dec. 3: "The crowd really was into it tonight. It was really fun to get a great win here."

Greivis Vasquez on beating Spurs: "That was a huge step for us. I thought we played extremely hard. That was the main reason we got the win"

Eric Gordon ‏@TheofficialEG10
    Great Win!! Now on to the Next one.

Gordon: "When I was out, I watched every game. It always came down to the wire. We'd lose by a couple possessions.That's where I can (help)"
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 01-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Am I the only one who still finds it difficult to imagine having both Rivers and Vasquez on our roster next year?
    Once Rivers puts in a full off season's work, I picture him as a much better, more versatile player next year. I think he takes a big step this off season when he gets to put on weight, slow things down on the court, add to his game, and really just soak everything in from his rookie season. The great thing about Vasquez, Gordon, and Rivers is that they are all 3 combo guards, and we can rotate them however we please. I see them all getting 30+ minutes, with Rivers playing the 6th man role. It can definitely work, at least for next year.

Here's a short post-game article:

“I think we’re just playing and playing hard,” said Davis, who finished with 17 points, nine rebounds and three steals. “I just tried to be aggressive. Coach Monty (Williams) just wanted me to play with a lot of energy and I tried to do that from the start of the ballgame. To beat a championship-caliber team is big for us. I’m really proud of our team.”

“We played a well-coached, aggressive, well-executing team,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “They did a great job at both ends of the court. They just whipped us.”
    http://www.wwltv.com/sports/Hornets-...185964642.html

You can tell that Pop has a great deal of respect for Monty as one of his proteges. They always hug after games, and Pop always speaks glowingly about our franchise and what Monty is doing here. Good to hear from one of the all-time greats.

Gameday Thread: Spurs @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Here's a short post-game article:

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/Hornets-...185964642.html

You can tell that Pop has a great deal of respect for Monty as one of his proteges. They always hug after games, and Pop always speaks glowingly about our franchise and what Monty is doing here. Good to hear from one of the all-time greats.
    I see a lot of players/coaches comment after playing us saying we are a well coached team. Not sure if that's a compliment or diss?

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    i think the initial plan was to eventually get GV out when they thought rivers was ready but i see both here next year. every great team needs a bench spark plug and there will be injuries along the way. honestly, rivers could use the extra year to learn next year as well similar to bledsoe

Popovich told New Orleans' Davis afterwards Monday night that the way the Hornets played was why teams should keep playing hard in spite of rough stretches. Davis said the Spurs coach then wished him good luck the rest of the way.

http://www.nba.com/games/20130107/SA...s=iref:nbahpgt[0021200507]

HERE'S PIERRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    i think the initial plan was to eventually get GV out when they thought rivers was ready but i see both here next year. every great team needs a bench spark plug and there will be injuries along the way. honestly, rivers could use the extra year to learn next year as well similar to bledsoe
    Team still needs to hit a homerun at either PG or SF because there is no telling when Gordon will have to take another in-season vacation. Without him the offense is not as effective. Since he came back Vasquez is penetrating and getting more of those "good" assists at crucial times he struggled with all year. Seems Gordon is rubbing off more on him than Rivers.

I just wish Rivers would get more of that shooting guard swagger Gordon has and stop pressing so much. I think he'll get it with added weight and more experience.

All-Star
    ''They've got a closer now,'' San Antonio forward Stephen Jackson said. ''(Gordon) took the game over and was going to work at the end of the game, doing what he wanted. He closed the game for them, and that was what they were missing - a closer.''

Any news on J.Smiths shoulder?

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Just got done watching the game. Great overall win and toughness.

Yeah...any word on j. Smiths shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Team still needs to hit a homerun at either PG or SF because there is no telling when Gordon will have to take another in-season vacation. Without him the offense is not as effective. Since he came back Vasquez is penetrating and getting more of those "good" assists at crucial times he struggled with all year. Seems Gordon is rubbing off more on him than Rivers.

I just wish Rivers would get more of that shooting guard swagger Gordon has and stop pressing so much. I think he'll get it with added weight and more experience.
    i think if anything happens, they'll wait right til the deadline. they want to see this team play a good amount of games at full strength.

best part about this game was that EG & Anderson (our two leading scorers) shot pretty mediocre and we still won

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    best part about this game was that EG & Anderson (our two leading scorers) shot pretty mediocre and we still won
    That's that I'm talking about! Look at the box score. Anderson scored 13 AND WE WON. He usually has to be up in the 22 range for us to be even close to successful. Having a healthy Gordon is a complete game changer. Or team changer?

The highlight of this game is the stunning interviewer giving a interview seemly on her knees (no pun intended)
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Tonight I will get some highlights of this game.

Thread Information