Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Spurs @ Hornets

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Gameday Thread: Spurs @ Hornets

(27-9)San Antonio Spurs @ New Orleans Hornets(8-25)

Monday, January 7th
    7:00pm Central Time
    Local Channel: FSNO

Projected Starters:

VASQUEZ - GORDON - AMINU - DAVIS - LOPEZ

PARKER - GREEN - LEONARD - SPLITTER - DUNCAN

Complete Team Stats:

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Stephen Jackson is questionable.

look how french parker looks in his pic. sneaky and smug french man...also looks like he smells bad.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo1356 View Post
    look how french parker looks in his pic. sneaky and smug french man...also looks like he smells bad.
    Sacre Bleu!

Quote Originally Posted by diablo1356 View Post
    Lmao......

It'll be nice to see the Spurs Killer aka Eric Gordon on the court today.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    I missed the last game. How did Davis only play for 12 minutes? I freaked out and thought he got injured when I first checked the box score.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll post this here:

Williams on fatigue for Anthony Davis, who like all first-year NBA pros never had to play more than 40-ish games in a college season: “All the rookies around the league who are playing big minutes are kind of going through the same thing right now. He’s no different. He’s 19 years old. He’s tired. He’s probably hitting the snooze button every chance he gets. He’ll get out of it, because he works at it. He was in the gym already before I even walked in yesterday, and already in a big-time sweat. Guys who work that hard typically come out of it faster.”
    http://www.nba.com/hornets/blog/shoo...-vs-spurs-1713

Vasquez's facial hair looks all off because his head is tilted so he looks asymmetric, Gordon looks like a toddler, Aminu looks like he just got out of bed (the wrong side at that), Davis has a unibrow. Lopez somehow looks the most normal in this picture with his massive goatee/soul patch and hair he's got going on

dont get me started on the spurs

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    I missed the last game. How did Davis only play for 12 minutes? I freaked out and thought he got injured when I first checked the box score.
    He wasn't playing all that well, got in early foul trouble so Monty stuck with what ended up working.

Tickets cheap as dirt for tonight's game, so I had to scoop up a pair.

Hornets vs BCS Championship? Team Hornets!

Jennifer Hale ‏@JenHale504
    LSU & NBA legend Bob Pettit will attend tonight's @Hornets game w/Tom & Gayle Benson.

I'll take a Hornets game over the BSCS any day.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Smiles all around. Except for Splitter. I don't know what that lizardian grimace thing he has going on would count as.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

You mean he's not just being lazy? What a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Monty knows his players so well. I remember him picking up on the low motor of Gustavo Ayon last season. When he increased Ayon's minutes, we saw what Monty was talking about. Earlier in the season, I was wondering why Henry was benched multiple games. Then a few games in, Monty brought him back, and we saw what Monty was talking about. Plenty of other examples, but point is, I trust Monty's judgment whenever he sits or benches a player.

Monty knows his players so well. I remember him picking up on the low motor of Gustavo Ayon last season. When he increased Ayon's minutes, we saw what Monty was talking about. Earlier in the season, I was wondering why Henry was benched multiple games. Then a few games in, Monty brought him back, and we saw what Monty was talking about. Plenty of other examples, but point is, I trust Monty's judgment whenever he sits or benches a player.
    What he lacks for in-game strategy, he makes up with understanding and getting the most out of his players.

Gameday Thread: Spurs @ Hornets

Now that everyone hates Lance Armstrong lemme tell you guys a story. One time I was a production assistant on a movie called Over Her Dead Body starring Eva Longoria. It was Valentine's day and Tony Parker came by the set and was sitting at video village watching playback of the scene we'd just shot. We sent Eva back to change clothes for her next scene, AND, to discover the 100 roses which had been set up by a florist and her assistant just moments earlier in her trailer. To my surprise, within a couple minutes I was taken to a private radio channel and urgently told to distract Tony for as long as possible. "Show him the set, explain how the lighting works, DO NOT let him follow Eva back to the trailer!"

I used all my best tricks. Took him to craft service, explained where we were in our day, MOS means "MIT out sound" (or motor only shot (stupid Germans)), this is how lights work, this is how people get fired, etc..

Distracted him just long enough for them to get the roses out of sight. As it turns out, they were from Lance and Eva knew it cuz that's his calling card. The assistant got fired, I got a huge wrap gift from Eva.

Hehe. I love a good PA story, man. Heard dozens.

***look how french parker looks in his pic. sneaky and smug french man...also looks like he smells bad.***

I like lineups with more than a couple of international players.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    if you reverse our record we still have less wins than the spurs

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    if you reverse our record we still have less wins than the spurs
    Becouse Spurs have 3 games more played! #Solved

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I smell a sneaky, smelly win tonight.
    Wherehappens.

I want to see solid basketball from the hornets tonight. Limit the turnovers and get out in transition. Let's use AFA and AD on the break- they are freakishly athletic so get them running the wings/lanes. Just don't let AFA dribble the ball. I really hope AD shows some fire/aggression in this one. Is it just me or did EJ look really disinterested in the mavs game (during regulation)? would love to see EJ split the middle in the P&R- he was destroying Charlotte with this.

those are two ugly *** starting lineups haha

Jennifer Hale ‏@JenHale504
    #Hornets new acquisition Donald Sloan will wear #12 tonight & could play. @NBA pic.twitter.com/GocdsMHB

Thread Information