Pelicans Report

Thread: How Can We Get...

How Can We Get...

Demarcus cousins or Greg Monroe without trading gordon or Davis? Say what u want about cousins but since he got benched his last 3 games he put up 21-14 18-16 31-20 that is insane I don't care how crazy he is if we got him and drafted shabazz our team would be ferocious.

I love Monroe also, tall, midrange game, post game, and great finisher through contact

i would love to get cousins on this team. dude is a beast on the offense and boards. he can also pass well for a big! i believe monty could coach him up and keep his head on straight. i think we would have to trade this years first round unprotected just to have a chance at him.

Don't want Cousins. You need professionals to be good. We have nothing aside from Davis that the Pistons want for Monroe.

Hornets are pretty much done for upgrades this year, as much as I try to figure out what a logical move would be, there is none really.

We work with what we have, wait for Shard's contract to come off the books, then work with that and our draft pick to try and get 24ish SF who can play both sides of the ball.

For instance I'd gladly do Gallinari/Anthony Randolph for our 1st if its after the 6th pick in the draft and use cap space that way.

Lopez / AD / Smith
    AD / Ryno / Randolph
    Gallo / Aminu / Miller
    Gordon / Rivers / Mason
    Vasquez / Rivers / Roberts

That team could become very good with a season or two together. While giving up a high draft pick is risky potential-wise, its also risky relying on that draft pick to be the answer to our problems.
    Last edited by Impose; 01-06-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Don't want Cousins. You need professionals to be good. We have nothing aside from Davis that the Pistons want for Monroe.

Hornets are pretty much done for upgrades this year, as much as I try to figure out what a logical move would be, there is none really.

We work with what we have, wait for Shard's contract to come off the books, then work with that and our draft pick to try and get 24ish SF who can play both sides of the ball.

For instance I'd gladly do Gallinari/Anthony Randolph for our 1st if its after the 6th pick in the draft and use cap space that way.

Lopez / AD / Smith
    AD / Ryno / Randolph
    Gallo / Aminu / Miller
    Gordon / Rivers / Mason
    Vasquez / Rivers / Roberts

That team could become very good with a season or two together. While giving up a high draft pick is risky potential-wise, its also risky relying on that draft pick to be the answer to our problems.
    I'd love to get Gallo for our first pick if we don't secure Shabazz.
    Give me Henry at SG instead of Mason and I like that team.

Vasquez/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Henry/Rivers
    Gallo/Aminu/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Thomas
    Lopez/Smith/Randolph

I cant see Denver trading Gallo for a 1st pick, but they do need cap space.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 01-06-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    I'd love to get Gallo for our first pick if we don't secure Shabazz.
    Give me Henry at SG instead of Mason and I like that team.

Vasquez/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Henry/Rivers
    Gallo/Aminu/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Thomas
    Lopez/Smith/Randolph

I cant see Denver trading Gallo for a 1st pick, but they do need cap space.
    Yup that's why I see them as a possible trade partner. They have Iggy/Lawson/Gallo/McGee on big deals, one of them is going, and given their depth at SF I figured we'd work well for them.

Nuggies are going to have to make some moves, they are stuck in a state of perpetual mediocrity. Gallo might be the best fit for us, but McGee is likely going to be the first one they try to move. The media is starting to turn against him in Denver. Albeit Mark Kizla (writer) is a fool usually, I agree with him on this and sadly some team will probably give up too much and take on McGee's contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...mple-all-thats

Easy, just . . .

How can another team get Anthony Davis without giving up one of their good players?
    @mcnamara247

How Can We Get...

Quote Originally Posted by 1501 Girod St. View Post
    Nuggies are going to have to make some moves, they are stuck in a state of perpetual mediocrity. Gallo might be the best fit for us, but McGee is likely going to be the first one they try to move. The media is starting to turn against him in Denver. Albeit Mark Kizla (writer) is a fool usually, I agree with him on this and sadly some team will probably give up too much and take on McGee's contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...mple-all-thats
    They should have never given McGee that contract. I wish we could get Wilson chandler from them.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

you'd have to hope munroe & drummond couldn't play off eachother and trade them our pick if it's high enough but very unlikely

Monroe and Drummond are literally the perfect compliments for each other. Pistons aren't moving either guy and Cousins is not going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Monroe and Drummond are literally the perfect compliments for each other. Pistons aren't moving either guy and Cousins is not going anywhere
    After 30/20? No I think he's there for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sactown Nation View Post
    Sam Amick reports that the Kings have affirmed their stance that Cousins is untouchable, but are willing to listen to offers for anyone else on the roster.
    Don't know if it means anything, just saw it on r/nba so am adding it here. Source: http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2013/1...marcus-cousins
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Thread Information