.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Eric Gordon, Al Farouq Aminu To Start Tonight vs. Mavs

  1. #1

    Eric Gordon, Al Farouq Aminu To Start Tonight vs. Mavs

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...d_eric_51.html

    Dallas - Though he played coy following the team's shoot around here Saturday, Hornets Coach Monty Williams has decided to start shooting guard Eric Gordon against the Dallas Mavericks, a source said.

    Williams will also start Al-Farouq Aminu at the small forward position, meaning that for the first time this season, the Hornets will have the starting lineup on the floor that was expected to start the season.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

  2. #2
    Dirk is expected to start as well.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    Williams will also start Al-Farouq Aminu at the small forward position, meaning that for the first time this season, the Hornets will have the starting lineup on the floor that was expected to start the season.
    Am I right that we didn't play ANY games with our expected full starting lineup last season?
    Last edited by hagios; 01-05-2013 at 02:05 PM.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Aminu looked great last game. He just has to keep up his energy level and defensive/rebounding intensity, and he'll be perfect for us. I don't understand his problem. If he would just hustle, he would start for us. I hope Monty got to him by sitting him down for a few games, because Aminu could be the answer to our SF problems if he could just continue to rebound, defend, and run the break.

  6. #6
    Good news ! I hope it means we are really getting out in transition tonight !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

  7. #7
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,067
    If Aminu crashes to the goal every time Gordon splits the defense he should get about 2-3 lobs just running down the baseline per game. That along with 2 fast breaks could see him with about 8-10 points per game. that's all I expect from him besides about 6-8 boards a block and a steal. 10-7-1-1 is all i expect. Reality is he will probably stand out on the perimeter where his defender doesn't have to stick him and can sag off while gordon splits. SMH

  8. #8
    The Franchise Shelbywmccarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Monroe, LA
    Posts
    1,469

    Eric Gordon, Al Farouq Aminu To Start Tonight vs. Mavs

    Woohoo finally

  9. #9
    Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    5,600
    Quote Originally Posted by hagios View Post
    Am I right that we didn't play ANY games with our expected full starting lineup last season?
    I believe you're correct. JJack had to sit out that first game, and I'm pretty sure somebody else was out for the 76ers game. Kind of amazing to think we're using our preferred starting lineup for the first time since David West got hurt.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer HalfBreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Orleans East
    Posts
    548
    Vasquez never throw lobs so with Aminu and Gordon starting hopefully we can see some lobs.

  11. #11
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    If Aminu crashes to the goal every time Gordon splits the defense he should get about 2-3 lobs just running down the baseline per game. That along with 2 fast breaks could see him with about 8-10 points per game. that's all I expect from him besides about 6-8 boards a block and a steal. 10-7-1-1 is all i expect. Reality is he will probably stand out on the perimeter where his defender doesn't have to stick him and can sag off while gordon splits. SMH
    Coach Williams agrees;

    "I think he is the best guy to play with Eric that we have because of his ability to attack and his athleticism,'' Williams said. "If he can do it on a consistent basis, we’re going to have a better outcome.''

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...h_mont_96.html

    Kinda highlights how our guard problems to properly run this offense spills over to the rest of the team.

  12. #12
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,688
    Aminu has to keep his head in the game. He cannot have those mental lapses and lose his man and give up 3s like crazy. We absolutely need his athleticism.

    Tonight should be fun.

  13. #13

    Eric Gordon, Al Farouq Aminu To Start Tonight vs. Mavs

    I hope they continue to manage Gordon's minutes as going against a player like Mayo will be a tough task since Gordon is still trying to get back in shape. I still want to see him play in the 25-28 minutes range right now.

  14. #14
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14,067

    Eric Gordon, Al Farouq Aminu To Start Tonight vs. Mavs


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •