Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So Should Greivis hands down be NBA Most Improved Player???

yeah he definitely runs out of gas at the end of games, but I was suggesting that playing a lot over a long period of time is draining him in the long run not individual games

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    yeah he definitely runs out of gas at the end of games, but I was suggesting that playing a lot over a long period of time is draining him in the long run not individual games
    Maybe that's why Hornets is bringing Donald Sloan? Bringing some competition for Brian Roberts.

If you think Harden hasn't got it all wrapped up there's something wrong.

Really he should get it because he came from a bench player to a guy averaging top 3 in assists. We already knew Harden could do this stuff so he really hasn't improved
    Ballin

He's definitely on the contest for winning the award... he came out of nowhere and already the last year he made some flashes. Now he's beasting game after game. His floater/runner is on point.
    Now, if he can just maintain the consistency through all the season I guess we are good to roll on the PG position. I love his enthusiasm and passion, that's what makes wardrobe.
    It annoys me quite a bit when he holds the ball till the last seconds of the possession though.

I think people are forgetting Larry Sanders?? I think the guy is much more deserving of the MIP.

Vasquez 2011/12 26 starts: 12 pts (44.9% FG, 32.8% 3PT, 85.7% FT), 7 ast, 3 TOs in ~32 minutes of play

Vasquez 2012/13 34 starts: 14 pts (43/8% FG, 38.6% 3PT, 77.1% FT), 9.1 ast, 3.3 TOs in ~34 minutes of play

So his play isn't really better than what he's shown last year.

While Larry Sanders has blown everything away compared to what he did last year. He's decreased his foul rate, increased his rebounding by so much, increased his scoring efficiency while maintaining his astronomically high block numbers. IF Sanders can consistently play 30 minutes a game (he's still fouling a little bit too much), he'd would be hands down the MIP.

That doesn't mean Vasquez hasn't improved -- turnover numbers are getting better (especially with EJ). I really like GV's fit with EJ

No mention of Jrue Holiday?

Thread Information