Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So Should Greivis hands down be NBA Most Improved Player???

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar

So Should Greivis hands down be NBA Most Improved Player???

Hate to post this after a win, its been something that I've been wanting to get everybody's opinion on. Whether you like him or not, whether you think he should start or be an end of the bench guy, whether you think he's the slowest pg known to man, you have to admit dude is really shining this season. So is he the Most Improved? (I think so) but is there someone I'm overlooking?

no doubt, havent seen anyone else with a bigger improvement.

I agree he's been good. (good enough to warrant me snaggin him in fantasy bball) BUT Jrue Holiday and James Harden are having pretty good years as well. Those are the two that come to mind immediately. Be great if GV won though.
    We'd have two most improved players on our team. Randerson and GV waaaayy to go Dell!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    For the MIP you can pretty much throw everything you said out of the window and just think about your standard stats, so I'd agree.

I just dream of the day we get a more athletic PG who can d up and we can play three guard lineups with said PG, Gordon, and Greivis.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    I agree he's been good. (good enough to warrant me snaggin him in fantasy bball) BUT Jrue Holiday and James Harden are having pretty good years as well. Those are the two that come to mind immediately. Be great if GV won though.
    We'd have two most improved players on our team. Randerson and GV waaaayy to go Dell!
    Can Harden actually be considered in this award? If so "The Beard" would probably run away with it. What about Jamal Crawford or Evan Turner?

Yes, he is deserving of the MIP award. Unfortunately, he'll probably won't even get mentioned.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Indeed. I really don't want to trade Gravy. He's really coming into his own. But to get the kind of player(s) we need, you sometimes gotta give up something valuable you already have.

Unless the Supervillain cooks up something else...or just waits it out for the offseason.

Even Lopez should get a look. They will give it to Melo. Just because.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd wait until the offseason Eman.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd wait until the offseason Eman.
    Yeah. Seems like that'll be when things start kicking off, if they kick off at all.

Some of the guys that were mentioned for MIP we knew could play. I think he will be in the discussing in the following months.

Instead of worrying about Gravy, can we worry about the non-Greivis players yet? I'm tired of some Hornets' fans complaining about him.

I really hate that this award could go to melo or harden. These guys were already big time players: this type of award is one of the few achievable accomplishments for the non elite players.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I'd give it to Varejao easily so far. I think more of improvements made later in a player's career than earlier because the latter are more easy to project.

Gravy should be in the discussion for sure though, especially if he plays close to like he has in his last 10 (averaging 17 10 and 6) for the rest of the season

Games like tonights really make me a Vasquez fan, and seeing Gordon's work on defense makes me think the Vasquez / Gordon backcourt could work defensively. I'm all for keeping him at this point in time. The teams focus should be on attaining an all-star type player at SF. Let the rest grow. We may be in the top 6-8 of this draft so I'm sure we can get a decent SF via draft, save some $$ for Davis' max deal and giving Vasquez / Smith decent pay rises. This team can make some noise if you could imagine a young Danny Granger type plugging the hole at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Games like tonights really make me a Vasquez fan, and seeing Gordon's work on defense makes me think the Vasquez / Gordon backcourt could work defensively. I'm all for keeping him at this point in time. The teams focus should be on attaining an all-star type player at SF. Let the rest grow. We may be in the top 6-8 of this draft so I'm sure we can get a decent SF via draft, save some $$ for Davis' max deal and giving Vasquez / Smith decent pay rises. This team can make some noise if you could imagine a young Danny Granger type plugging the hole at SF.
    Word!

For Me Vasquez is main candidate for MIP award. We are d... or st... if we want to trade this guy! Austin is 2-3 years from becoming an NBA player. Also, Rivers never gonna be a true PG in this league, maybe our 6th man (combo guard) - something like J.Terry.

Yes he should, vásquez has improved a lot

A lot of players have improved their game this season. Westbrook and JR Smith especially.

Russel Westbrook?

JR Smith might be in contention, but not Westbrook. He was on the USA team, so I think that automatically takes him out of the running.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

has anyone else noticed vasquez has been playing the entire second half in the past like 7 games. he's averaging 40 minutes. I would think he'd be gassed by now, but he is getting better instead.

Also, will he get WCPOW back to back weeks? lol. Averaged 19 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, < 2 TO's, 50% FG%, 55% 3P% and was a "monster" down the stretch on Saturday to get the OT win.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    Also, will he get WCPOW back to back weeks? lol. Averaged 19 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, < 2 TO's, 50% FG%, 55% 3P% and was a "monster" down the stretch on Saturday to get the OT win.
    probably not, the team lost two games out of three last week. That kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGreivis View Post
    has anyone else noticed vasquez has been playing the entire second half in the past like 7 games. he's averaging 40 minutes. I would think he'd be gassed by now, but he is getting better instead.
    I think he was kind of running out of gas at the end in games he plays too many minutes.

Thread Information