.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Everything we hear now from Gordon Hornets wise and about Gordon is ultra positive

  1. #1

    Everything we hear now from Gordon Hornets wise and about Gordon is ultra positive

    I'm super dooper pumped for this team now more than ever before.

  2. #2
    Ambition is Priceless dcoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,242
    Excellent use of the term "dooper" I must say.






























    I am too..

    http://www.youtube.com/user/dCoopSon
    Check me OUT ON YT and SUBSCRIBE for Support
    @ToooCoop
    http://youtu.be/NTQW3U3Gwe0
    ^^HORNETS TRY ME OUT



  3. #3
    NOLA Sports Addict Smow-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Louisiana
    Posts
    689
    Hey the grey box is finally gone!!!
    *Ahem
    Yes it is quite good to see this tho the cynics will claim it is an act and just a part of his exit strategy.
    Monty, Dell, and Benson: OUR big 3!

  4. #4
    I think the "cynics" argument is that his injury history suggests that he will get injured again. The argument that he was a baby who wanted to pout his way out of New Orleans was always a weak one and was held by very few people and that was the one always attacked by the optimists. The stronger argument was always the one where the data was looked at and objective people said that he is far more likely to continue getting injured than the average player, therefore he should be traded.
    @mcnamara247

  5. #5
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,681

    Everything we hear now from Gordon Hornets wise and about Gordon is ultra positive

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think the "cynics" argument is that his injury history suggests that he will get injured again. The argument that he was a baby who wanted to pout his way out of New Orleans was always a weak one and was held by very few people and that was the one always attacked by the optimists. The stronger argument was always the one where the data was looked at and objective people said that he is far more likely to continue getting injured than the average player, therefore he should be traded.
    Are you one of those "cynics"

  6. #6
    If I had to bet, I would bet that Gordon continues to get hurt at an above average clip for the remainder of his career, but I will always believe he is an exceptional player and a perfect fit for this team when he is on the court and his comments about his heart in Phoenix is a non-issue.

  7. #7
    On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heart of the City
    Posts
    4,687
    I just hope that once we finally go get back into the playoffs that Gordon doesn't have a horribly timed injury. Just gotta roll the dice I suppose, he's just too good not to.
    Wherehappens.

  8. #8
    Starter Austrian_Pelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    172
    Gordon should be happy
    he is on a young team, he is "the man" and "the closer"
    he plays with a lot of young guys who appreciate him
    and phoenix is just a mess and the hornets will have soon more wins !

    in my opinion gordon and the hornets too, where not very clever what they did and said in TV, but its done, so hope for the best !

  9. #9
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,932
    Gordon has played really well he is a special talent. With that said I'm still in favor of trading him.

    He still already missed a 1/4 of the season and will be missing even more games in the future even if he reframes from getting injuried/hurt or having any farther issues with the knee. He is a dynamic player with the ability and confidence to make big shots, but that hasn't changed the fact that in 4 years he has yet to prove his production can lead to consistent winning. What should be kept in perspective is that the NBA season is 82 games. So four or five games isn't enough to really gauge what Gordon's impact is to winning.

    My concerns has never been Gordon's talents. It has always been his willingness to play in this city, his health issues, and his ability to transition for special talent to game changing player. It was and still is my opinion that there are far many things that are likely to go wrong than right with his contract.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 01-08-2013 at 10:18 AM.

  10. #10
    Clutch rubicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    370
    Its honestly retarded to trade a player in the first year of his contract. He just wants to get paid like any other NBA player. If you continue to pay him, he'll want to play in the city. And why would he leave if Davis and whatever draft pick we get next year progresses.

    Please remember, we decided to trade Tyson Chandler very early when he had all these injury concerns. Everyone thought that he would never get better, but he proved the doubters wrong and he's come back and played at a very high level, leading the Mavs to a title and his a huge cornerstone to the Knicks success. Haven't we learned from that lesson? Maybe at the end of year two of his contract I might reevaluate and if his health concerns are bad then we'll trade him. But come'on lets see what we have. You just don't trade away that talent in year one of his contract!
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

  11. #11
    when he said those things this team was without anderson, lopez & GV wasn't who we thought GV was going to be.

    he won't be a problem

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-Pon View Post
    Gordon should be happy
    he is on a young team, he is "the man" and "the closer"
    he plays with a lot of young guys who appreciate him
    and phoenix is just a mess and the hornets will have soon more wins !

    in my opinion gordon and the hornets too, where not very clever what they did and said in TV, but its done, so hope for the best !
    This got me to thinking. The players and coaches are doing a FANTASTIC job of making gordon feel like the "cornerstone" he always wanted to be. lol

  13. #13
    NOLA Sports Addict Smow-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Louisiana
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    This got me to thinking. The players and coaches are doing a FANTASTIC job of making gordon feel like the "cornerstone" he always wanted to be. lol
    That is true, he is getting everything he wanted in Phoenix but with a much much brighter future. I think all the excitement around Anthony Davis might've gotten into his ego which it shouldn't have because Monty and Dell continuously called him our best player. I hope he matures in that aspect and is willing to accept his position should Davis surpass him.

  14. #14
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,349
    Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Hornets guard Eric Gordon catered breakfast for the entire Hornets staff this morning. Classy.

    Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Gordon sent Panera breakfast to all three Hornets offices and practice. The entire staff.

    Using that new contract to good use. Good man.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Hornets guard Eric Gordon catered breakfast for the entire Hornets staff this morning. Classy.

    Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
    Gordon sent Panera breakfast to all three Hornets offices and practice. The entire staff.

    Using that new contract to good use. Good man.
    Thats awesome. Thanks for posting.

  16. #16
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Gordon discusses his breakfast offerings.

    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

  17. #17
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    One more big injury would kill his trade value. That's what worries me about Gordon. Though it's hard to wanna trade him when you see how much better this team is when he's on the cort.

  18. #18
    the whole morale of this team has taken a huge 180 and i love it. Jason Smith's great bench celebrations get lost in all the other great stuff thats happened over the part week

  19. #19
    Starter Austrian_Pelican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    172
    i think that was the first time i saw him laugh since he is a hornet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •