Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Dallas Mavericks

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I think Monty needs to shorten Anderson's minutes because he looks tired most times when he misses alot of shots.
    Anderson got in the game earlier than normal when Davis got in foul trouble. Then he got a bit of a hot hand, so I don't blame Monty for riding him, but yeah, he was on the court from like 7 mins in the 1st to what, 3 mins in the 2nd? So part of it today was circumstance.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gordon is 1 for 6 from the field. It's pretty ugly for a "scorer". Davis two points and one rebound. This game is painful to watch.
    He's our only get your own shot guy that you can rely on. If anyone is going to take 6 shots, it should be him.

Davis's limited impact is because of a rookie mistake followed by a ticky tack call by the refs, which is why outgrowing rookie mistakes is paramount so ticky tack stuff doesn't hurt you.

But the game is close, our best players haven't taken off yet. Game is well within reach.

Roberts is due for 2 triples
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Random: I like Lance Thomas's game as an end of the bench guy who brings great energy and doesn't make mistakes on the floor, but I don't like him at SF. Please stop it Monty...I know Henry isn't lighting it up either, but I want him over Thomas anytime at SF.

And poor Austin Rivers just cannot buy a bucket. I hope all this tough luck isn't getting to him.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Random: I like Lance Thomas's game as an end of the bench guy who brings great energy and doesn't make mistakes on the floor, but I don't like him at SF. Please stop it Monty...I know Henry isn't lighting it up either, but I want him over Thomas anytime at SF.

And poor Austin Rivers just cannot buy a bucket. I hope all this tough luck isn't getting to him.
    he's blessed, yet afflcted...he's Austin Rivers, but he;s not good yet

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Stay on the ground rook.

Stand out of bounds to escape notice, but don't STAY out of bounds, rook.

Lopez's shot is so flat you could've called that a goaltend.

doesnt seem like we are playing with much energy

too much dribbling by greivis

Two ticky tak calls.

Dirk being Dirk...

very disappointed in anthony davis of late...the lack of motor never equates to greatness

Playing a very simplistic game here. Everything looks constrained and scripted. How about some iso ball for once?

I think our offense does more "Handoffs" than any team in the league. Any it rarely, if ever, produces good looks.

So Davis wanted to win Rookie Of The Year Award? That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    So Davis wanted to win Rookie Of The Year Award? That's funny.
    No even close. He gets pushed around on defense, and consistently makes retarded mistakes. On Offense he has no idea how to attack the basket and constantly takes 15+ foot jump shots when he makes on occasion.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    We need Anderson out there. Why Smith went out before Anderson is beyond me.

The spacing is horrible right now offensively.

not much to like from this game...gordon looks way off..monty is benching davis because of his lack of energy

We are playing like worst team in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    not much to like from this game...gordon looks way off..monty is benching davis because of his lack of energy
    Pretty sure Davis's 3 fouls have a major influence on why he is on the bench...

Probably as much to do with the 3 fouls.

When Austin has no time to think about what he's doing, he's money. Give him time to realize he's about to shoot before he shoots, he misses.

The whole "Davis lack of motor" Thing gets me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    No even close. He gets pushed around on defense, and consistently makes retarded mistakes. On Offense he has no idea how to attack the basket and constantly takes 15+ foot jump shots when he makes on occasion.

Da Throne was right?

Thread Information