Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hornets to waive McGuire?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Sorry, but not letting go of Gordon for Gay.

Just in case Fletcher is right for once, I decided to look up this Robin Benzing...

I'd call him Benzino if he ever plays for us
    that video showed him make a 3 AND a midrange jumper. Sign me up.

but seriously, i trust Demps with overseas guys (see Ayon, Spurs oganization) and addition without losing any of our guys is an added plus. do it to it

not to mention Benzing is only 23... not a bad age as far as overseas players go

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    Fletch gonna Fletch.

I was very high on Benzing a few years ago when he declared. He could be a great complementary player for us and another fantastic floor spacer to pair with Anderson. I really hope Demps makes this one happen...

haha I'm from germany and it's really funny for me that he is mentioned by Demps now! I watched him on the german national team quiet often and sure I liked what he did, but I was not sure if he could really make it to the nba! but i would love to see this kid in a hornets jersey

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I was very high on Benzing a few years ago when he declared. He could be a great complementary player for us and another fantastic floor spacer to pair with Anderson. I really hope Demps makes this one happen...
    I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that's the kid that said he had a promise from the Hornets the year we sold the 2nd rounder to the Knicks. IOW Demps has/had definite interest.

Damn lol
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

He has highlighted Benzing before, so this is likely just Fletcher recycling a name than hearing new info.
    http://offsideswithfletcher.wordpres...the-45th-pick/

The rumors of the Grizz looking to trade Rudy Gay are interesting. If they would take the Hornets' first rounder this year + other players outside of our core group, would you do it?

I would definitely. Gay is still young at 26 and pairing him with a healthy Gordon, Davis and Ryno would be sick.
    The rebuilding mode would be quicker than expected and we would be competing high next year.
    But anyway I don't think it's gonna happen.

And who you think Memphis would take for him? Our pick and? Would they pick Henry or Greivis back? Aminu? Lopez... already having M.Gasol?

Yea, doubt it will happen too, but I agree he would definitely help put this team to the next level. But yea, trading Gordon for Gay would be a really lateral-move, and Gordon is more of a playmaker while Gay seems to be a complimentary scorer. Outside of the three key guys you mentioned, not sure we'd have any guys they would really need/want. And it looks like Monty is really invested in Rivers, so I guess he's out of the question. Aminu and Lopez with our first rounder (and a lot of cap relief for them) would probably be the best we could offer.

Hornets to waive McGuire?

Trading Gay for Gordon wouldn't be a lateral move at all. Gay has proven to be pretty healthy in his career.

We might be better off trying to make a push for Iguodala in free agency this summer and our draft pick. Iggy fit great on the team in my NBA2K game, so I don't see why it wouldn't be just as awesome in real life. E'rybody knows video games don't lie.

We don't have the salary to trade for Gay right now. This off season, however, we will. Still, Gay is a bit of a chucker, and I'm not sure how well he would fit here mentality-wise. We all know he can play, but if he is only going to shoot 42% from the field, I don't want him taking shots away from Gordon, Davis, and Rivers (in the future).

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Trading Gay for Gordon wouldn't be a lateral move at all. Gay has proven to be pretty healthy in his career.
    True that; health is definitely an issue to take into account. I just see a healthy Gordon as a guy who will be able to close out games down the stretch with clutchness, and not sure Rudy has shown that so far. But again, the key-phrase is 'healthy Gordon.' As rare as a modern terydactl sighting.

damn 42%?? Didn't know it was that low for him this year.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    FINALLY, I get to comment.

I like Rudy Gay. Except for having a max deal, he'd be PERFECT to add to the team we already have. But trading him for Gordon isn't a move you wanna make. Gordon can be a special player on the court. Gay isn't reliable. What you gain in health, size, and athleticism on the wing, you lose in explosive scoring ability. Falls back on jumpshots too much for my tastes. Guy as big and athletic as him should take at least 7 FTs a game.

Is Benzing a SF though?
    He is listed as 6'10".
    It may translate in the German league, but is he able to play SF in the NBA?

Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers, Aminu and 2013 1st round pick for Rudy Gay and Tony Wroten?
    Last edited by Pantazis76; 01-04-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Ryan Anderson, Austin Rivers, Aminu and 2013 1st round pick for Rudy Gay and Tony Wroten?
    Your taking the pisss right?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Your taking the pisss right?
    Tell me how this would not work, when Ryno averages just about the same stats as Rudy with a better fg%
    + we give them two highly potential players and a pick that could turn out to be a star.
    They would have the best bench in the league.

In what universe is that a good trade for us? Anderson, as far as I'm concerned, is virtually untouchable. Aside from that, you want to give up Rivers (who Monty loves) and our 1st round pick (guaranteed to be a lottery pick) for an overpriced chucker? Come on man....

Tell me how this would not work, when Ryno averages just about the same stats as Rudy with a better fg%
    + we give them two highly potential players and a pick that could turn out to be a star.
    They would have the best bench in the league.
    In what universe is that a good trade for us? Anderson, as far as I'm concerned, is virtually untouchable. Aside from that, you want to give up Rivers (who Monty loves) and our 1st round pick (guaranteed to be a lottery pick) for an overpriced chucker? Come on man....
    Sorry dude.......what he said.
    Just not high on Rudy

alright we shall just stick with aminu at small forward then.. much more productive.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    You can try to slice it anyway you want, that's a horrific trade.

Thread Information