Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hornets to waive McGuire?

Hornets to waive McGuire?

Looks that way. No need to spend the money

Anyone want to believe that Gordon sitting and this spot creation is related to a trade?

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyone want to believe that Gordon sitting and this spot creation is related to a trade?
    I'll buy that

I'd like to see them bring back DaJuan Summers who played here last year for at least a ten day. He's shooting the 3 ball well in the D-League and we don't have much to lose on a couple 10-day contracts to a D-Leaguer who can finally give us a shooting threat at the 3

it's official. grey box preventing me from editing top post

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I am having to go advanced in order to post.

I fully expected Gordon to sit after the back to back, and McGuire had a deadline, so nothing seems out of the ordinary. Unless you know something we don't 42. I won't tell if you share.

Hornets to waive McGuire?

No wonder Amonu has been getting more playing time as of late.
    Last edited by Snarly; 01-04-2013 at 12:03 PM.

no reason to make that money guaranteed..
    but I liked him and his effort a lot

He will be missed. A real fan favorite. Good luck McGuire, you'll always be a Hornet. Thanks for the memories...

I don't know anything.

I just wish it was true.

It's more likely related to a number of deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I don't know anything.

I just wish it was true.

It's more likely related to a number of deadlines.

Sounds right, but it's what should be happening right now in general, this year with the record we're heading for, the bottom of this roster should be constantly changing until the trade deadline.

To many young guys with actual NBA talent available to experiment with, that could be had for cheap. Time to make some moves.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty on waiving Dominic McGuire today: "(Small forward is) a position where we want to have some flexibility to bring (new) guys in."

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Monty on what Aminu needs to gain more PT: "It's on him. When he plays with energy, defends and runs the floor, that's how he earns minutes"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    I'd like to see them bring back DaJuan Summers who played here last year for at least a ten day. He's shooting the 3 ball well in the D-League and we don't have much to lose on a couple 10-day contracts to a D-Leaguer who can finally give us a shooting threat at the 3
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who'd like to see Summers back. He was a pretty solid dude to have.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I hope we bring in Donte Greene. He atleast has a different skill set than the rest of our SF's.

Nothing other than a deadline for guaranteed contract. Pretty normal around the league every year.

Maybe we are about to get new SF... Also Rudy Gay is about to be traded.

Gay to be traded? Link?

Terrence Williams, I don't care bout no stinking so called "attitude problems". If the Saints can trade for Shockey, Lakers Ron Artest and the Spurs and Monty's sensai can have two runs with Stephen Jackson, we can sign an extremely young and talented Williams.

I'm sure this time out of the league has humbled him and made him hungry like it would anyone and there isn't a thing soft about this kid, the Hornets could use a bulldog, someone with an edge.

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post

Maybe we are about to get new SF... Also Rudy Gay is about to be traded.
    Fletch gonna Fletch.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Gay to be traded? Link?

Re: Hornets to waive McGuire?

The personality problems with Williams are different. Those other guys you mentioned are a bit crazy but they have their teammates and coaches trust. Terrence is apparently someone that is extremely abrasive in the locker room and doesn't have the talent to be worth the headache. He is the type of guy that would destroy the chemistry in a young team without a strong and vocal leader.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post

From that article
    New Orleans Hornets

Just saying: Eric Gordon for Rudy Gay works straight up, and if the Grizz toss in Wroten, they’d get under the tax line and snag a shooting guard who played like an All-Star once upon a time. Gordon can veto any deal until mid-July, though he famously urged the Hornets to let him sign in Phoenix during restricted free agency last summer. The Hornets are confident they can get him to enjoy playing with Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson, though Gordon’s caution in returning from knee injuries has clearly tested the patience of some in the Bayou.

Regardless, this is about as fanciful as it gets, since no one knows what to make of Gordon right now, and his long-term deal does nothing to alleviate Memphis’ cap issues.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Sorry, but not letting go of Gordon for Gay.

Just in case Fletcher is right for once, I decided to look up this Robin Benzing...

I'd call him Benzino if he ever plays for us

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The personality problems with Williams are different. Those other guys you mentioned are a bit crazy but they have their teammates and coaches trust. Terrence is apparently someone that is extremely abrasive in the locker room and doesn't have the talent to be worth the headache. He is the type of guy that would destroy the chemistry in a young team without a strong and vocal leader.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    The kid was young and dumb, expectations were to high, he wanted playing time and wasn't going to get it from those coaches.

If it doesn't work out cut him, But bringing him in and letting the young guys see what can happen to you if you don't do things the right way would be a perfect example. If he did cause problems a greater example to the young players, is, despite talent and draft position, if you can't do things the right way and fall in line, you will be out of the league.

But you underestimate, this team, the individuals and their upbringings, Monty, Dell and the entire organization. Do you really think they would let some new comer, a street free agent come in and upset chemistry?

The wouldn't allow it and he would be sent packing, but my belief is that they wouldn't have to because i don't think he would be a problem. I say you give him the pre screening and if you like where his head is, give him a shot.

You're right, they wouldnt let some new comer, a street free agent come in and upset chemistry? They just won't sign him IMO. It's not like he's going to put us over the hump.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information