Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Monty responsible for some of Vasquez’s TOs?

Is Monty responsible for some of Vasquez’s TOs?

Quote Originally Posted by jacklvyn View Post
    You are funny, making it sounds like now we have a lot of great shooters that shot with a hand in their face more than any other NBA teams.

Getting assists is way more difficult when you are on a bad team.
    I didn't say Vasquez specifically. I said do they all equal out. I'm actually a fan of Vasquez.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Yep, I wish there is a way a counting open-look pass instead of assists, so fans know more about the truth. Probably it is hard to put a standard on "open-look"

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    He must get all those assists on misses, which never happen with any other player, who get theirs on makes.

Gotta be it.

All that stuff about a ton of assists and good ration compared to turnovers is just hooey. Stupid counting-things-that-actually-happen.
    Posts like this are the reason I'm realizing there are better places to get my information. You can get your point across without down talking a board regular.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 01-05-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Posts like this are the reason I'm realizing there are better places to get my information. You can get your point across without down talking a board regular.
    It's talking down how?

You think someone just ignoring hard data and positing cases where the assists would be more meaningful with giving a single instance is perfectly fine, but being sarcastic about such an act is talking down to someone?

Sorry, this is incorrect.

Talking down to someone is saying "You are stupid" or just pointing out the obvious. Completely dismissing what someone says that is objective and verifiable, while absolutely imperfect and only part of the story, only to to imagine a case where Vasquez might be even more effective . . . then that imagined case someone makes him a bad player . . . that's is something that people should be calling for change about.

That said, you are a good poster, and it's too bad you'd let that run you off.

The dallas announcers mentioned it tonight, the amount of assists GV has is impressive considering the lack of scoring options we've had all year. Sure, he gets a couple a game to Ryno on wide open threes, but he's a very good passer most of the time. With his age and small contract, we might have found ourselves a steal with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1501 Girod St. View Post
    The dallas announcers mentioned it tonight, the amount of assists GV has is impressive considering the lack of scoring options we've had all year. Sure, he gets a couple a game to Ryno on wide open threes, but he's a very good passer most of the time. With his age and small contract, we might have found ourselves a steal with this guy.
    No one seems to be missing Quincy Pondexter.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    No one seems to be missing Quincy Pondexter.
    No, not really. Pondexter is okay coming off the bench. Maybe he'll be a 10-12 ppg player in the future, but I'd gladly take Vasquez over him, especially with where our team is right now.

I don’t care about points or assists I care about TOs

Everyone is all excited about GVs points and assists lately, but it seems to me that the fact that for the first time in the whole year Vasquez has 3 consecutive games with less than 3 TOs (2, 2 and 1). This is really important if it becomes a trend, as according to Monty, the main thing he wanted Vasquez to improve is the number of TOs.

The question is, has he being lucky, or are his TOs genuinely going to be reduced that much with Gordon in court? It would be interesting to see how many TOs he gets today against Parker and Manu.

Gordon is handling the ball in clutch situations. Like Monty said everyone is now in their proper place on the team. People can play their game, and the team is showing how much better it can be when a roster plans comes to fruition.

I don’t care about points or assists I care about TOs

Turnover aren't just limited to Vasquez. The team as a whole has been very turnover prone. When you take care of the ball as a team, you'll be in most games.

Gordon benefits everyone in thus team right down to the car park attendants.

Let us give thanks real quick.

Thread Information