Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    "The team is young" Horrible excuse. I don't expect the team to be a playoffs team but they should at least learn from their mistakes.
    rivers is young, he supposedly don't have to know how to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    "The team is young" Horrible excuse. I don't expect the team to be a playoffs team but they should at least learn from their mistakes.
    Your not Top 3 in the lottery if your doing that. I want Top 3.

^ LOL. I just read your post.
    Last edited by boot318; 01-02-2013 at 09:17 PM.

ping pong ballssss

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    rivers is young, he supposedly don't have to know how to shoot
    isnt he supposed to get better?? he is getting worse and worse, foul shooting included....monty is starting to lose patience in him

Monty plz play only 8 or 9 guys. 11 man rotation wont do in the nba unless there is a secret tank going on.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's almost impossible for Monty to lock in a solid rotation when out of nowhere Aminu turns in a decent game.

And we also still don't have our starting SG yet.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's almost impossible for Monty to lock in a solid rotation when out of nowhere Aminu turns in a decent game.

It's impossible because the talent on this roster is poor. How do you decide who the 8th and 9th guys are?

Off topic:

Toronto's PG's (Calderon and Lowry) combined for 0 points and 22 assists tonight lol

Why is lopez only logging in 17 min. Is he playing hurt like gordon? Either the rotation is retarded or our starter not getting enough minutes.

The offense they run asks players to put pressure on a defense, but only has one player capable of doing it...and he's only played in 2 games. Neither Vasquez nor Rivers ever try to split the 1,000 pnr hedges they see in a game. Gordon plays once and does it repeatedly.

If your players have to grind to run that type offense then why not change it and just use more ball movement? More down screens? Why be so dependent on your one injured PnR player?

And please...for the love of god...SOMEBODY tell Rivers to tuck that elbow in. How the hell do you grow up around prime basketball coaches your whole life and shoot with a form like that?

//rant before graybox

Quote Originally Posted by stevenAitsover View Post
    Why is lopez only logging in 17 min. Is he playing hurt like gordon? Either the rotation is retarded or our starter not getting enough minutes.
    This baffles me. Recently Lopez has been far more dependable than Jason Smith at hitting the mid range pick and pop. I'd like to see AD get 35 minutes, Anderson with 28, Lopez with 22, and Smith with 11 minutes.

What we actually get in

AD 27 minutes
    Ryno 29 minutes
    Lopez 18 minutes
    Smith 23 minutes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenAitsover View Post
    Monty plz play only 8 or 9 guys. 11 man rotation wont do in the nba unless there is a secret tank going on.
    There is a secret tank going on whether you like it or not. Just because we got our #1 pick, doesn't mean we have to start to contend immediately. Getting another top 3 pick would do wonders for our club in the future.

We should have known that there would be rough patches after we traded CP3. I remember listening to an old Hornets247 podcast that when we first got CP we couldn't succeed to our full potential because we were too good when he first came into the league. These first couple of years of suckiness will do wonders for us long term as crazy as it may sound.

Just look at how well it's been for OKC.

Don't forget the many examples it did not work for.

And what `tank' is secret when you are losing, have $17m in dead salary, and are resting a star? They `tanked' as soon as they traded Ariza and Okafor.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    The only examples I know of is Sacramento and maybe Toronto. Sacramento is just trash. They have a bunch of immature players who rarely play defense.

Teams like Cleveland are still a work in progress. Golden State is finally making their way to being a prominent team.

Reason why I'm so optimistic that the "OKC method" will work for us is because of who we have running the show. Dell and Monty have been groomed by some of the NBA's greats to succeed in the league. Other teams have not been able to have that luxury. Not to mention a wealthy owner who is willing to spend the big bucks. We do have a good thing going. But people are just jumping the gun and saying we need to fire Monty or trade Vasquez yada yada yada. Just need patience.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post

And what `tank' is secret when you are losing, have $17m in dead salary, and are resting a star? They `tanked' as soon as they traded Ariza and Okafor.
    Hm you make a good point about Okariza.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Bad journalism vs. Good journalism right there. Mackel is an aggravating piece of ****
    exactly. he's tabloid trash.

The team just sucks and more than they should. Is it a tank? I'd prefer to think they are just not trying as hard as they should knowing they could be more aggresive going after help.

Just to set the record staright, OKC did what was best for them adn it has only worked for them. I dont their plan was to actuyally build through the draft only, but everything just kinda worked out that way. That does not mean thats the same thing going on down here. Golden St. went out and got Landry, Jack, and still waiting on Bogut. Cleveland sucks.

OKC did an OKC that worked for them. The Hornets will build in a way that works for them. It will not be the same as for OKC. Hardly any team will ever be able to replicate that string of luck ever again.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    We lost a close game to the 6th seed in the West on the road and without our best player.

Big deal

Al Davis?!

Oh, no. That's just Dick Baveta.
    It's a disgrace that he's still officiating games.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    We lost a close game to the 6th seed in the West on the road and without our best player.

Big deal
    Who only played in 2 games before this. I mean what is the deal do we not want him playing in b2b's?

Yeah, doctors said avoid back to backs for now to avoid over working the knee. Washington is doing the same thing with Nene.

Monty said he would likely see an increase in minutes come Saturday and Meyers and Wesley both seem to think he will start.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    The only examples I know of is Sacramento and maybe Toronto. Sacramento is just trash. They have a bunch of immature players who rarely play defense.

Teams like Cleveland are still a work in progress. Golden State is finally making their way to being a prominent team.

Reason why I'm so optimistic that the "OKC method" will work for us is because of who we have running the show. Dell and Monty have been groomed by some of the NBA's greats to succeed in the league. Other teams have not been able to have that luxury. Not to mention a wealthy owner who is willing to spend the big bucks. We do have a good thing going. But people are just jumping the gun and saying we need to fire Monty or trade Vasquez yada yada yada. Just need patience.
    Golden State is getting good after David Lee and ANOTHER top 10 pick.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The team just sucks and more than they should. Is it a tank? I'd prefer to think they are just not trying as hard as they should knowing they could be more aggresive going after help.

Just to set the record staright, OKC did what was best for them adn it has only worked for them. I dont their plan was to actuyally build through the draft only, but everything just kinda worked out that way. That does not mean thats the same thing going on down here. Golden St. went out and got Landry, Jack, and still waiting on Bogut. Cleveland sucks.

OKC did an OKC that worked for them. The Hornets will build in a way that works for them. It will not be the same as for OKC. Hardly any team will ever be able to replicate that string of luck ever again.
    More than it should?
    Last year if I told you we'd be starting:
    Vasquez: who couldn't get time for the Grizz.
    Austin Rivers: A true project
    Brian Roberts: Undrafted Rookie who plays as such
    Anthony Davis: Really great defensive rookie but still learning his way on offense
    Robin Lopez: Averaging 15 MPG for a crappy Suns team.

You'd think we should be better than what we are? We have one legit "prestigious" player in the starting lineup. What are you expecting?

Re: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Rockets

I was expecting 33 wins if the key players were all healthy for 65 games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

And without Gordon you clearly expect much less i'm sure.

Thread Information