Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Alex Len, Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by GESWhoseBack View Post
    I don't love Len and in fact prefer Zeller as a player, but he does have a perfect frame, is really athletic, is coordinated, and has some rough offensive skills. That combination is valuable in any draft and might be worth a gamble. Sometimes those guys are Andre Drummond (who I would have passed in at 6 last year for Lilliard, Barnes, etc.) and sometimes they're Meyers Leonard. I do think he'd really struggle to find minutes on this team for the next couple of years.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Why are people saying Leonard is a bust? I think he is where he is expected to be at this point. He's a project that has shown promise.

Bump... Len up to number 5 on Chad Ford's Big Board, ahead of McLemore (6) and Burke (7), fwiw. For those without ESPN Insider:

Len, who is on crutches due to a stress fracture in his left ankle, isn't able to work out, either. But that hasn't stopped his rise on our Big Board. Increasingly, teams are looking to him as a potentially safer alternative to Noel. While he's likely to miss the next four to five months as he rehabs his ankle, teams feel like he has better size, is more polished offensively and could have a bigger upside than Noel. As we've previously reported, he's seriously in the mix with the Cavs for the No. 1 pick, with some sources indicating the Cavs could be moving his direction (I'm told Noel, Porter and Oladipo are the others). The Bobcats are also very high on Len, as are the Suns and Pelicans.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...p-30-prospects

Also noticed nbadraft.net has Len going #5 to Phoenix in its latest mock. (6/9)

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGeauxPels View Post
    Bump... Len up to number 5 on Chad Ford's Big Board, ahead of McLemore (6) and Burke (7), fwiw. For those without ESPN Insider:

Len, who is on crutches due to a stress fracture in his left ankle, isn't able to work out, either. But that hasn't stopped his rise on our Big Board. Increasingly, teams are looking to him as a potentially safer alternative to Noel. While he's likely to miss the next four to five months as he rehabs his ankle, teams feel like he has better size, is more polished offensively and could have a bigger upside than Noel. As we've previously reported, he's seriously in the mix with the Cavs for the No. 1 pick, with some sources indicating the Cavs could be moving his direction (I'm told Noel, Porter and Oladipo are the others). The Bobcats are also very high on Len, as are the Suns and Pelicans.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...p-30-prospects

Also noticed nbadraft.net has Len going #5 to Phoenix in its latest mock. (6/9)
    Happy for Len, but very interesting to see McLemore slip to 6th when a few months ago he sounded like the #1 pick... if he's there at 6 we may be able to get some real value for that pick, or if he could play SF somehow, all the better

Not sold on this kid...I rather zeller.

Len is not gonna be a good player. And why are we targeting an non rebounding big who is already having injury issues? Its gonna be a wasted pick...I would be depressed if we get him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Len averaged 11.5 rebounds per 40 min-pace adjusted.

Noel averaged 11.6 rebounds per 40 min-pace adjusted.

Len is not a bad rebounder. He'll average anywhere from 8-10 rebounds per 36 in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Not sold on this kid...I rather zeller.
    I really like Zeller too. Just not sure he's going to be a 5, not sure he fits here. But I think he may be one of the most productive players to come out of this draft, and I see him as ready to play from day 1.

The Franchise
    If McLemore is there at 6, run to the podium with his name on it. At 6'5 I'm sure he could play some time at SF if needed. This year Mason played some 3 and I think Iggy is 6'6 so not a big height difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Ive watched Len maybe thrice, and he was not very impressive when i watched him. He does not stand out, and he did not show me anything to justify picking him. I think he will be a massive bust, but thats just my opinion. (No- i would not take Adams a 6... I just wish we had a later pick to grab him).
    To truly see how good Len can be and is at this point. You would have had to watch him throughout the entire season and more than twice. Why? Cause he played with the worse guards in NCAA history who were complete ball hogs and the coach was a nimrod. He had a top 5 nba pick on his team and didn't run his offense thru him. If you had watched a lot of the games. then u would of saw that the times they did get Len involved he dominated. He dominated Noel vs uk. He dominated plumlee vs duke. He is very efficient. Can't really get big numbers in games u only get to shoot the ball 3-5 times. The times he did shoot 7-13 times he was in the 55-65% range. Here are his game stats vs legit nba comp. where he actually got the ball.on the season He avgd 12 pts 8rb 2 blks a game even tho he only avgd 8 shot attempts in 25 min for the year.
    @UK 23 pts 12 rb 4 blks 0 to's on 10-18 shooting. 55%. 32 min played?

@ duke 19 pts 9 rb 3 blks 2 to's on 6-8 shooting for 75% but got to the line going 7-8 for 87%. 28 min played

@unc 20 pts 7 rb 1 blk 1 to on 5-7 shooting For 71%but got to line Going 10-12 for 83%. 31 min playes
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 06-12-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Here are his games vs those teams when he wasn't used enough and his guards just chucked shot after shot and turned it over.

@unc 10 pts 5 rb 1blk 1to on 4-7 shooting for 57%. 2-2 at ft line. His guards?? 3-21 shooting with 12 to's and only 2 assist. Wells (not included in above #s) was 8-11 shooting with 5 tos and 2 assist. So 11-32 combined.

@duke 10 pts 8 rb 1 blk 1 to on 5-8 shooting for 62%. 0-1 at ft line. His guards?? 6-20 except for wells who went off for 9-13 shooting this game with 30 pts and 10-10 at ft line. 11 tos and 15 assist combined for the group of guards.

@duke 8 pts 10 rb 1 blk 1 to on 3-6 shooting for 50%. 0-0 at ft line. His guards?? 14-40 shooting with 10 tos and 8 assist.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 06-12-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Bottom line is Alex Len is very good and has back to the basket offensive game. He is solid on the defensive end and I think would compliment Davis very nicely. We would have an awesome front court with Len at center and keeping Davis at the 4 where I think he best suited for.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 06-12-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Len averaged 11.5 rebounds per 40 min-pace adjusted.

Noel averaged 11.6 rebounds per 40 min-pace adjusted.

Len is not a bad rebounder. He'll average anywhere from 8-10 rebounds per 36 in the NBA.
    This

Len only played like 26 minutes per game so his base stats don't look good.
    I think he is top 5 or 10 in this draft in pace adjusted rebounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

I'll be happy with Len if he can give us what Lopez give us with better rebounding. With his size and athleticism, his value will be on the defensive end. I'm not expecting a superstar or an all-star out of him. I'm expecting a solid center who can do a little bit of everything and be the center of the team for the next 10+ years. That's all I'm asking of him if he's the guy we take.

When it comes to prospects, It's all comes down to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I'll be happy with Len if he can give us what Lopez give us with better rebounding. With his size and athleticism, his value will be on the defensive end. I'm not expecting a superstar or an all-star out of him. I'm expecting a solid center who can do a little bit of everything and be the center of the team for the next 10+ years. That's all I'm asking of him if he's the guy we take.

When it comes to prospects, It's all comes down to expectations.
    I think he can become that and more. Especially with how weak the center position is today in the nba. Nothing like back in the day. He is also only 19 yrs old. I'm on board with him or Bennett being the pick. I won't mind Burke but I'm not head over heels for him like most.

I think Len is going to be really good. Would love for the NOP to get him

I think he could possibly go number 1 though 'cause Cavs really want a low post player and Len is highly skilled. I hear their considering him, so I wouldn't be shocked if they took him.
    Last edited by RAMIL7; 06-12-2013 at 03:40 PM.

The question has changed. It's not - Would you take Len at 6?

It's - Would you trade up to get Len?

He is going top 5. Would you give up an asset to get him?
    @mcnamara247

It's amazing this guy rising and he not even working out. If I was Dell, Len would have been my target. Now it looks like he may be off the board. Don't really have a plan B. oh well
    We want more! We want more!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Depending on the asset. What u got in mind?

I like Len more than most and I wouldn't trade anyone outside Smith or Lopez with our 6 pick for him. Not enough minutes for all of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GESWhoseBack View Post
    I like Len more than most and I wouldn't trade anyone outside Smith or Lopez with our 6 pick for him. Not enough minutes for all of them anyway.
    Vasquez can get the boot with that trade as well as those guys.

I think if he gets past clev at 1 and Phoenix at 4 he will be available. Don't see magic,wizards or bobcats taking him. On the fence with Phoenix taking him. Who do u see as being a lock to take him if he is there when they pick in top 5?

I think you gotta get to 3 to take Len. Bobcats will run to the podium if he is on the board.

I personally don't love Len. He is 8th on my board, so I wouldn't mind him at 6, but wouldn't trade up. But #4 is as low as I think he goes now that GM's are all excited about what Gasol and Hibbert did this postseason

I think you gotta get to 3 to take Len. Bobcats will run to the podium if he is on the board.

I personally don't love Len. He is 8th on my board, so I wouldn't mind him at 6, but wouldn't trade up. But #4 is as low as I think he goes now that GM's are all excited about what Gasol and Hibbert did this postseason
    Who do you think we will pick at 6 if Saric does pull out?

Thread Information