Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Len, Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I'm not going to dismiss him due to his injury. Hell, if Noel fell to 6, I wouldn't even think twice about drafting him.
    I actually prefer Len to Noel for us because he has a much better low post offensive game that better compliments Anthony Davis. Beginning to favor Len over Burke also because there appears to be more PG's than low post players coming out each year.

In my opinion if we do add another big, I want a really athletic one or an established center. Plus he is dealing with a stress fracture I believe to his ankle and that scares me big time. If his ankles are already breaking down due to his size, then how are they gonna hold up in 3-4 years. Bigs with leg issues scare me and I don't want to end up with a Greg Oden type of situation. I would rather add Anthony Bennett or Cody Zeller than Alex Len.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    having seen Len play on multiple occassions... NO NO NO

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Alex Len, Anybody?
    Yes, please.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    In my opinion if we do add another big, I want a really athletic one or an established center.
    Have you seen this...?

http://youtu.be/Ajwa8j79vd0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGeauxPels View Post
    Have you seen this...?

http://youtu.be/Ajwa8j79vd0

I don't recall seeing even one defensive highlight during that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I don't recall seeing even one defensive highlight during that.
    Fair enough, but I was speaking more to the athleticism...

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGeauxPels View Post
    Fair enough, but I was speaking more to the athleticism...

By no means was it a knock on you. I just found it funny to have a highlight video and they couldn't find one defensive highlight. That kinda scares me.

By no means was it a knock on you. I just found it funny to have a highlight video and they couldn't find one defensive highlight. That kinda scares me.
    Honestly the two videos I have seen are the one I posted and the highlights vs. Kentucky. Neither include defensive highlights. But reviews I've read seem to indicate defense is not a terrible weakness. Seems he has the athleticism and length to contest shots and rebound. Len is growing on me, I'll admit... He's 19... Has some potential in a draft with no sure things to be one of the better picks IMO.

He goes into Beast Mode in that Kentucky video. I saw that and was like "make it happen Dell".

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    If they think he's the guy, fine. But a 255 lb. guy with a stress fracture already makes me so nervous...
    Wherehappens.

He goes into Beast Mode in that Kentucky video. I saw that and was like "make it happen Dell".
    No doubt. Would be pumped to see what he and Davis could do on the court together... Lot of length and rim protection there.

he had a block in the video at 1:15 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    The Pels should draft Bennett for this reason. Anderson is best off the bench, but can start while Bennett gets his feet wet.
    Why do people believe this about Anderson? Check this seasons stats, when Anderson started he posted better numbers. It's only out of necessity that Anderson played 6th man for us. The endgame is Davis and Anderson starting for us. And it will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    he had a block in the video at 1:15 lol
    Good eye. It must have been quick.

Good eye. It must have been quick.
    ya it was, but he did average 2.1 blocks per game and a ton of scouts say he is a 2 way prospect, offsensivley he had a mid range and a post game, he hits a couple nice up and unders in the video, plus he is only 19 i expect his post game to get way better, also they say he is a natural shot blocker with his length and timing. IDK we will see i cant wait until the draft!

really hope we dont take saric though, he is awesome on offense but his D is terrible, so is his attitude

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    way too often maryland played a good opponent and Len disappeared. 5, 6, 7 points/boards. his combine and measurables are great, but his game isn't. maryland didn't even make the tournament. i know he's young and has a lot of potential, but the last thing the hornets need is a big with foot problems who wants to play away from the basket.

id rather Gobert or Adams. Adams has a way higher ceiling with a better true center body and Gobert is a better option if we want defense. if we could trade down and get either of these kids + jamal franklin or archie goodwin, i'd stick my d*ck in the mash potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post
    I actually prefer Len to Noel for us because he has a much better low post offensive game that better compliments Anthony Davis. Beginning to favor Len over Burke also because there appears to be more PG's than low post players coming out each year.
    This is my feeling as well.
    We want more! We want more!

let me put this in perspective:

7.8 - Alex Len's rebounds per game
    9.5 - Jamaal Franklin's rebounds per game

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    let me put this in perspective:

7.8 - Alex Len's rebounds per game
    9.5 - Jamaal Franklin's rebounds per game
    What perspective? Just cause Franklin is an excellent rebounder for a guard doesn't make Len a bad rebounder. And Franklin average 7 more minutes a game as well. Len will be a much better pro than Franklin.

i just go off the tape. len has his moments but rarely took over a game (against good competition) and rarely dominated for the entire game. he is way too risky for the 6th pick. the only reason he gets attention is his athleticism and the "what he could be" factor. id rather get a guy who we know who he is.

its like in football when a guy runs a 4.4 40 yard dash and benches 400 so he gets drafted 1st round. people forget to check if he has the ability to ball.

id rather trade down for someone like franklin. he'll be a solid pro. he's the only player in college who led his team in steals, assists, points, and rebounds. len, on the other hand, couldn't get his team past the NIT and is a 2 year project. could he be the best center ever? sure, he's 7'1 can shoot and has athleticism to run the court. but he's nowhere near ready to play pro ball and we need a guy with more meat...a banger. pelicans can't take chances on projects. we need sure things. thats why demps will be making a lot of trades soon. kiss vasquez, lopez, and gordon goodbye too

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    i just go off the tape. len has his moments but rarely took over a game (against good competition) and rarely dominated for the entire game. he is way too risky for the 6th pick. the only reason he gets attention is his athleticism and the "what he could be" factor. id rather get a guy who we know who he is.

its like in football when a guy runs a 4.4 40 yard dash and benches 400 so he gets drafted 1st round. people forget to check if he has the ability to ball.

id rather trade down for someone like franklin. he'll be a solid pro. he's the only player in college who led his team in steals, assists, points, and rebounds. len, on the other hand, couldn't get his team past the NIT and is a 2 year project. could he be the best center ever? sure, he's 7'1 can shoot and has athleticism to run the court. but he's nowhere near ready to play pro ball and we need a guy with more meat...a banger. pelicans can't take chances on projects. we need sure things. thats why demps will be making a lot of trades soon. kiss vasquez, lopez, and gordon goodbye too
    I'm with you man. If Len is their best option, I'd much rather trade down and take a Franklin/Pope/Schroader etc.

Actually the games he dominated were against top competition when he played smaller schools he was double and triple teamed to death, not going to put up big numbers against that. He may not have won the NIT but they made it to New York and that's not a small accomplishment. He may be a project to reach his ceiling but he definitely can provide what Lopez giving us right now.

Thread Information