Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Len, Anybody?

Draft Alex Len, Anybody?

Might he be the perfect low-post compliment to Anthony Davis?

I'd rather have Alex Len and keep Davis @ PF

The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    He looks good, but needs to learn to use his left hand.

Still think Ryan Anderson is the perfect compliment to who Davis will be in 2-3 years. I would be shocked if he is still a PF when his body matures.

That said, if we move Lopez in a package that nets a SF, I will take Len and develop him into the same role, with a higher upside of course.
    @mcnamara247

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Go for a position of need like SF, Anthony Davis is the future at C for this team.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

I still feel like with his perimeter skills, PF is the spot that he could dominate for the next 10-15 years. How he matures will tell the story as we don't have anyone to compare him to, projection wise (he's unique), but I see Duncan when I see Davis, not a traditional center. Will be fun watching...that's for sure.

I can see Len averaging 17-20 ppg in this league from the center spot. Don't know much about his defense yet though.

I just don't see him being that different from Meyers Leonard who is shaking out to be a bust. He has a better offensive game, but does he rebound well or move his feet well on defense?

Personally, I feel we have too many quality bigs already. If you have 96 minutes to divide up between your PF and C I feel in a few years Davis and Anderson will take up between 74-78 of those minutes. That leaves only 18-22 of those minutes to divide between Smith and Lopez.

Yea I think I would rather go after a SF like shabazz, poythress, or mcadoo
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Personally, I feel we have too many quality bigs already. If you have 96 minutes to divide up between your PF and C I feel in a few years Davis and Anderson will take up between 74-78 of those minutes. That leaves only 18-22 of those minutes to divide between Smith and Lopez.
    I'm not sure if you can ever have enough quality bigs, and personally I don't think we have them. I think Anderson is perfect coming off the bench to get minutes at the 3 and 4 spot (25-32 MPG). Start a Len (When/If he's ready) and Give him 30ish MPG (or Pekovic etc) and Davis 38ish.

C- Len 30 Lopez 10 Davis 8
    PF Davis 30 Anderson 18
    SF Someone yet to be named 30- Anderson 10ish- Someone to be named 8.

Really who knows, it could take Len 2 or 3 years to be ready to play starters minutes and by that time we could be ready to let Lopez go and some minutes open up. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Leto View Post
    I just don't see him being that different from Meyers Leonard who is shaking out to be a bust. He has a better offensive game, but does he rebound well or move his feet well on defense?
    I love how white people always get compared to white people just like black QBs always get compared to other black QBs

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Leto View Post
    Meyers Leonard who is shaking out to be a bust.
    Don't you think that's premature??? Everyone knew he would take time to develop. He's not getting a lot of minutes, but is shooting good FG and FT %'s.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    C- Len 30 Lopez 10 Davis 8
    Lopez deserves way more than 10 minutes per game playing time. He's 10th among centers in PER now, playing 27 minutes per game. Cutting that down to almost a third of his current minutes in favor of a rookie like Len would be a horrible decision.

Len is hurt.
    Right?

I like the idea of Len at C but it worries me that scouts question his toughness.

I do not want a "finesse" C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Still think Ryan Anderson is the perfect compliment to who Davis will be in 2-3 years. I would be shocked if he is still a PF when his body matures.
    The Pels should draft Bennett for this reason. Anderson is best off the bench, but can start while Bennett gets his feet wet.

I just can't get behind Len.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I have been warming up to the idea to go with Len or Zeller at 6.
    Last edited by B504ever; 06-03-2013 at 02:31 PM.

I'd prefer Zeller over Len.

Quote Originally Posted by hennessyrob View Post
    Len is hurt.
    Right?
    yes but i dont think its anything serious, i like len a lot, he has great size and is a 2 way prospect offensively and defensively

if we could trade gv and lopez for bledsoe i wouldnt mind signing budinger and drafting len

bledsoe
    gordon
    budinger
    ad
    len

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Bigs with feet problems are huge red flags for me.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Bigs with feet problems are huge red flags for me.
    It was a partial stress fracture in left ankle that wasnt that bad, could have healed on its own but he took the safe bet and opted for surgery. I wouldnt be to concerned with that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That's how it starts. Nothing major...

I'm not going to dismiss him due to his injury. Hell, if Noel fell to 6, I wouldn't even think twice about drafting him.

Thread Information