Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Observation on EG10 in 1st home game

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    It was a bad day guys. Stop being so over-reactionary and brush it off.
    Wherehappens.

The team is bad.

It will get better.

I'm not sure why this is a shock or upsetting to anyone. Maybe next time you think "playoffs" when the team is playing with half it's salary (or now 3/4), you'll take a moment really consider how much money most other teams are spending.

I'm pretty sure Jason Smith isn't a solution on the bench besides maybe a 10th man. Also, we need guys that can draw fouls. Gordon's the only guy outside of Rivers with the skillset to do it at this point. Davis has been okish and will improve if he develops a post game. It seems like our only "money plays" are pick and rolls. Not a ton of ball movement by the team. I watched the Philly, LA game last night and I really liked how Philly moves the ball around.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

We lost and that sucks, but it's amazing that we're even competitive playing 4 against 5 every night. I think Lopez is now showing what he's really worth, and Vasquez is playing very well beside Gordon. I'm ready to send our 1st rounder out with Lopez for a veteran player. Hopefully that could net us a decent small forward or a rebounding big man. Those are two things we desperately need.

The Franchise
    I totally agree, a SF is a huge need and there isn't much in the draft or Free Agency. The draft has alot of 2's and 5's so I think trade for a 3 is essential. A shooting 3 preferably since I think our team needs ALOT of offense. I'm willing to sacrifice lopez, henry, and aminu for a good one. If we do decide to give up EG it better be for something really good along with a pick.

I'd like MKG and say Ben Gordon for EG and Aminu, then in the Draft we can go after McLemore and we would still be able to offer a big contract to Jennings. Ben's contract would be a good expiring next year for more options.

Rivers, Vasques (Jennings)
    McLemore, Ben Gordon
    MKG, ?
    Davis, Anderson
    Lopez, Smith

It's alot of youth but alot of athleticism and potential.

Thread Information