Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Observation on EG10 in 1st home game

Observation on EG10 in 1st home game

Dude was pressing VERY HARD tonight and tried to play too much hero ball. That being said, I absolutely LOVE the fact that he came out and tried to be the hero. I'd rather someone try way to hard to win a game by himself than let himself not be the scapegoat for the loss (aka CP3 in his last season as a Hornet). Even though he played poorly and we lost tonight, Hornets fans should be THRILLED that this guy wanted to endear himself to us and wanted to be the hero. This is what I wanted to see from him personally.

Jim Henderson just made a pretty negative comment about Eric Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    Jim Henderson just made a pretty negative comment about Eric Gordon
    Which was?

to be honest he just looked super lackadaisical

Gordon was not looking to set up anyone besides himself tonight. He made a couple of early passes to Davis off the pick and after that it was shot forcing .

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

That brings a new spin to my attitude about him tonight. He definitely wasn't lackadaisical. But he didn't look to involve his teammates very much. I was gonna say how amazed I am that he expects the refs to call fouls for him when he plays hero ball and tries to go 1 on 3 down the lane every time. The refs looked at him like they didn't even know who he was. And they shouldn't after 11 games in two seasons.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Agreed, in his first home game he tried to hard. You could see it with his dribble.

Though lets not let his defense go unrecognized, he held Lou Williams who has been on a tear as of late to 9 points and 31% shooting.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLanta View Post
    That brings a new spin to my attitude about him tonight. He definitely wasn't lackadaisical. But he didn't look to involve his teammates very much. I was gonna say how amazed I am that he expects the refs to call fouls for him when he plays hero ball and tries to go 1 on 3 down the lane every time. The refs looked at him like they didn't even know who he was. And they shouldn't after 11 games in two seasons.
    It doesn't matter if he played one game the past two seasons, a foul is a foul and the refs missed a lot tonight.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    to be honest he just looked super lackadaisical
    He ALWAYS looks like that. Wish I was joking. He'll look and play the same if he's going 4-21 or if he's dropped 40. Game winner?

Just a fist pump.

The real problem isn't hero ball. It's his teammates just stand there. It's either pick and roll or watch Gordon. I was really disappointed with that.

pelicans got swag Flight of the Pelicans's Avatar

RE: Observation on EG10 in 1st home game

2013 draft is horrid. Nothing worth tanking for unless we trade picks. Which I think we should do. Get rid of them for someone like Lowry. Future is bright but none of the players in the upcoming draft have enough talent to make a major impact
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

#Let'sGoPels
    #WhoDatNation
    #GoRays

it could just be rust but I mean his handle was terrible, he lost the ball out of bounce at least two or three times, got stripped a couple times (the one that stands out to me he didn't even try to chase the guy down at all, gordon jogged down the court while arguing with the ref as they went for an uncontested lay up), and he missed 3 out of 4 free throws, which shouldn't happen. All that being said I am so happy he played in the 2nd half and austin I can't do crap rivers sat, at least is a threat offensively

After what he did against Orlando, I'd bet coaches told him to be aggresive all the way to the rim and shoot more, anticipating the Hawks to play the passing lanes this game.

I still wish the Hornets ran an offense similar to what the Hawks run. They dont depend on 1 or 2 players for assists. The whole team moves and passes the ball.

also yea we didn't get any calls tonight, it sucks. I hate that about the nba, all of the benefit of the doubt calls go to the players who don't need it - the good ones who are good enough to manipulate the game to get the calls, a foul is a foul idc who you are

Once again the third quarter was the Hornets' undoing
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    It doesn't matter if he played one game the past two seasons, a foul is a foul and the refs missed a lot tonight.
    I agree that in a perfect world a foul is a foul. But ask Ryno if that's the case in this league. Star players get the phantom calls when they drive to the bucket in this league. And with the shots Gordon took tonight (some very early in the shot clock) it seems he expected to get the star foul calls. He was doing a lot of lobbying with over a minute left. I just kept thinking A) stop whining to the refs and B) maybe take this time to gameplan with your teammates on how to get back in this.

That said I was happy with his effort. Hopefully Monty can get a better grasp on steering this energy of his into an effective leadership role.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    Once again the third quarter was the Hornets' undoing
    The Hornets have lost more second quarters this season than third quarters. Their worst quarterly losses are the second quarter, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    The Hornets have lost more second quarters this season than third quarters. Their worst quarterly losses are the second quarter, as well.
    But we lost most of our games in the 4th Quarter of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    But we lost most of our games in the 4th Quarter of the year.
    Got change for a dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Got change for a dollar?
    Only if you accept quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Only if you accept quarters.
    Ask the Coke machine.

Who Lindsay lohan?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Who Lindsay lohan?
    Word play! Thats solid.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Who Lindsay lohan?
    Definitely not CM Punk

he was just trying to get back into the groove. hawks defended the P & R very well in the second half. they're a good team. missing that many free throws as a good shooter is a tell-tale sign it's just an off day. nothing different than the games when anderson's off and keeps shooting. I wouldn't see it as a concern

Thread Information