Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shabazz

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    We had the 4th worst record last year and still got AD. I think Shabazz is very possible.

Hypothetically if we did snag Shabazz, we'd probably have to part ways with Rivers eventually. Too many scorers can cause a problem when there's no distributor. Not gonna rule out that Rivers can't become a distributor in the future though. Even though I'm not very high on him, knowing his drive I think he can develop into one.

But yeah, a Gordon/Shabazz/Anderson/Davis core is soooooo tantalizing.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    What happened to McaDoo?
    he has too much aminu in him for me to like

Shabazz is the perfect fit for what we need at the 3. a little undersized, but extremely long wingspan to make up for it. could be the final young piece this team needs to complete a solid core, then look FA & trades for minor tweaks

food for thought... say we end up between 5-7... is that where GV's stock comes in to combined with our pick to move up to get a guy like Shabazz? Give Rivers an offseason of understanding the game better to move to PG full-time? Just some ideas

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    food for thought... say we end up between 5-7... is that where GV's stock comes in to combined with our pick to move up to get a guy like Shabazz? Give Rivers an offseason of understanding the game better to move to PG full-time? Just some ideas
    Honestly. probably not. Shabazz looks like probably the only elite prospect this year so it would almost definitely take more to move up and get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Honestly. probably not. Shabazz looks like probably the only elite prospect this year so it would almost definitely take more to move up and get him.
    4 quarters isnt equal to a dollar in the NBA.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information