Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hawks @ Hornets

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Rivers need some D-league time.
    Why do people keep saying that? :lol

It's the same as when someone demands to trade someone who isn't good. It's not how trades or the D-League work.

You send people who can't get minutes to the D-League, not struggling rookies. Or half of all rookies drafted would wind up there at some point.

This combo of Horford and Smith is a very interesting challenge to our bigs

Our guys fall for the pump fake way too often

You ain't shooting over Davis!

Another 3rd qtr collapse ?
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Anyone got a link?

cant hit a foul shot

What's with our FT shooting today? Uncharacteristic.

Man we r usually money on the ft line....off tonight...nice follow by davis there...love it

Re: Gameday Thread: Hawks @ Hornets

So many missed free throws tonight.

And I hope I never have to experience that single digit weather, kclaboy.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Another miss

No NBA team should be 3/10 on free throws.

God job ad

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2709 View Post
    Who could of guessed Austin Rivers best attribute would be his D? This off-season will be huge for him
    His on ball D has been great. I can't wait to see him after he gets in the gym this offseason. I would love to see him use the same trainer MJ used Tim Grover. Rivers could turn into a beast just wait this kid is still growing possible getting taller. His game will improve this offseason but year 3 I think he will drastically change and be a different player then we see now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I'm kinda surprised McGuire isn't getting any burn tonight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Ok stupid question, but since I haven't gotten to watch many games until recently, can someone explain why Aminu is no longer starting at SF? I mean, I see people here saying bad things about him... but other SF's too. So.. is he really THAT bad? And will EG being back influence his usage in a positive way? (What with them being teammates and all previously)

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    God job ad
    Yea I love when he gets aggressive and attacks the rim. Cant wait for him to bulk up a little

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBandCat View Post
    No NBA team should be 3/10 on free throws.
    It has happened. I'm surprised most by Davis. I expect Rivers to struggle because there's precedence. I expect Gordon because he's still a little rusty. But Davis is one of our best FT shooters.

Gordon is great, but he can't finish today, that's sad.

davis has been very active on the boards tonight..playing with a lot of energy

is this where I should mention that the Hawks haven't even attempted a FT yet tonight?

edit: Hawks now at the line for the 1st time tonight
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Ok stupid question, but since I haven't gotten to watch many games until recently, can someone explain why Aminu is no longer starting at SF? I mean, I see people here saying bad things about him... but other SF's too. So.. is he really THAT bad? And will EG being back influence his usage in a positive way? (What with them being teammates and all previously)
    Short answer is, yes. He is THAT bad. He loses his man off ball and doesn't rotate. He hesitates like he expects people to drive when in this NBA almost everyone shoots 3s now. So we give up way more 3s when he's in that we shouldn't.

We still give up 3s, but we can mitigate it some by keeping him on the floor.

That's where we want josh shooting from

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Short answer is, yes. He is THAT bad. He loses his man off ball and doesn't rotate. He hesitates like he expects people to drive when in this NBA almost everyone shoots 3s now. So we give up way more 3s when he's in that we shouldn't.

We still give up 3s, but we can mitigate it some by keeping him on the floor.
    Ok that works for me. Was just curious why I NEVER see him play hardly. But ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    Gordon is great, but he can't finish today, that's sad.
    He's rusty but cant finish and being sad?? He had. Nice and 1 finish on the reverse layup did u forget?

Thread Information