Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hawks @ Hornets

So monty puts davis back in with game very much out of reach smh

Free throw shooting cost us the game tonight.

josh smith has 23 pts, 12 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Shooting like they all hungover.

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBandCat View Post
    Free throw shooting cost us the game tonight.
    Refs win game for Hawks, nuff said.

gordon likes to shoot

Re: Gameday Thread: Hawks @ Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    So monty puts davis back in with game very much out of reach smh
    Davis was in when it was a 5 point game with more than 1:30 left. He then gave up a dunk to Horford on an inbounds play.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    Bad calls?? Yes...lose game for us?? Hardly....officiating will always be bad just the way it is

Ej had a bad night bad FT shooting by the team- nothing goin our way tonight... I think EJ is nervous or something i must have counted 3 times where he dribbled off his own foot.

Officials just ruined that game. We have to take down Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Davis was in when it was a 5 point game with more than 1:30 left. He then gave up a dunk to Horford on an inbounds play.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    I missed that switching it to orange bowl lol...still dont think he should of came out with 6 min left....and 1:30 left is little too long to keep him out also

No, rotations at the wrong time by Monty. I can tell you when we lost this game. When Monty had Smith on JaJa and left Anderson on Josh Smith for about 7 minutes. W lost the game during that span, never recovered, coaching mistake. Monty seems to make that mistake reguarly, I don't understanf that logic. I coach AAU with less talent and I recognized matchups that's killing us.

Bad calls?? Yes...lose game for us?? Hardly....officiating will always be bad just the way it is
    Yeah I'd say it's a combination of terrible calls, free throw shooting, and stupid turnovers that led to easy baskets.

i think the team looked good. as long as gordon doesn't play this bad, which he shouldn't, we should win games

Officials just ruined that game. We have to take down Rockets.
    Eh we just lost that game. We made plenty defensive errors and we just couldnt hit a shot down the stretch. Atlanta has given us alot of problems the past 2 seasons so i was not surprised by this loss at all.

Oh we'll its all good...as long as we are competitive im good with that...im all for the high draft pick at this point to go along with all that cap room we will have this offseason...next year it needs to be on like donkey kong tho

Well, I am still calling for a top 6 pick.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gordon will be fine. Davis will be fine. The team will be fine. Wasn't sharp today. Might've been the little layover. But we got another game tomorrow. I bet we come out a lot sharper for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Gordon will be fine. Davis will be fine. The team will be fine. Wasn't sharp today. Might've been the little layover. But we got another game tomorrow. I bet we come out a lot sharper for that one.
    We came out very sharp for this one. We are just out matched as the game goes on. It will be like this for the remainder of the season. Competitive for most of game but not able to pull off the W on a consistent basis. I am ok with that tho. Better for us in the long run.

The Rockets are going to run us out the building. I hope i'm wrong but I just can't see the Hornets keeping up with the pace the Rockets play. Anyway, It was good to see Ryno pull out some of his moves tonight haha dude was looking like Hakeem or Mj

We came out very sharp for this one. We are just out matched as the game goes on. It will be like this for the remainder of the season. Competitive for most of game but not able to pull off the W on a consistent basis. I am ok with that tho. Better for us in the long run.
    Not really. Hornets are still in a transition period within the season. Hawks top players logged 37, 41 and 40 minutes each. Ours still has the best one coming off the bench with 24, then 36 for Davis and 32 for Anderson. That sharpness you speak of wore off with the mental lapses on defense.

Combine all that with very uncharacteristic 4 - 12 from the foul line that basically was the difference in the game. After tomorrow I definitely see Gordon's minutes increase along with being re-inserted into the starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not really. Hornets are still in a transition period within the season. Hawks top players logged 37, 41 and 40 minutes each. Ours still has the best one coming off the bench with 24, then 36 for Davis and 32 for Anderson. That sharpness you speak of wore off with the mental lapses on defense.

Combine all that with very uncharacteristic 4 - 12 from the foul line that basically was the difference in the game. After tomorrow I definitely see Gordon's minutes increase along with being re-inserted into the starting 5.
    Will Gordon play back to back games?
    He may play but I doubt he starts.
    I hope i'm wrong.
    He did mention he is still sore, so you would think he will be limited to only 25 mintes for at least a week if not 2.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Gordon was trying to do a little too much tonight. Needs more time to get in condition for sure. Thought he played worse as the game went on.

Free throw shooting was why we lost tonight though. Completely different ball game if we don't go 4/12.

Bee-Fense, I believe that the team lost sight of Huey's undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about what this team should be. bucking the trend of high flying basketball, and back to basics like the Spurs.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I don't know what to be more disappointed in, Monty's coaching or the officiating.

Thread Information