Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reminder... No TV For Tonight's Game vs. Hawks

Reminder... No TV For Tonight's Game vs. Hawks

New Orleans Hornets ‏@Hornets
    Reminder: No TV broadcast tonight. Only way to see the action is to be at the Hive
    boo... guess I'll have to fire up the radio tonight up here in BR (some of us work on this NYD and can't get to NOLA for the game)
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Reminder... No TV For Tonight's Game vs. Hawks

There's always a broadcast....somewhere

if monty is a good coach that makes adjustments, he would start ryno today at sf...the hawks start kyle korver at sf and you cant tell me ryno cant guard korver...pretty much monty has to go into every game with a game plan of trying to minimize our regular SF minutes as much as possible since they are beyond horrible

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Glad ill be in the hive then.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    if monty is a good coach that makes adjustments, he would start ryno today at sf...the hawks start kyle korver at sf and you cant tell me ryno cant guard korver...pretty much monty has to go into every game with a game plan of trying to minimize our regular SF minutes as much as possible since they are beyond horrible
    Im not sure I agree with this. You need your bench to score, so for monty to be a "good coach" he should take all of the production off of the bench and insert him into the starting lineup?

Ryno is supposed to anchor our second unit and provide scoring while the starters arent on the floor.

Another thing really, the whole idea behind being a "starter" or not is kind of pointless. He's going to get plenty of minutes and be in the game down the stretch anyway.

What about league pass?

Quote Originally Posted by squidburger View Post
    What about league pass?
    As far as I can tell, it will be on League Pass. I assume it will be the Hawks' broadcast.

Yea SportsSpouth (ATL Channel) is carrying it tonight according to the Hawks site. This post and the tweet from the Hornets was addressing that it was not going to be on FSNO. LP should be fine
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    There's always a broadcast....somewhere

Yep....Always!!!

Thanks

For anybody living in Baton Rouge, I have been watching most of the games at a friends and we are using a cable box so obviously we get fox sports New Orleans to watch, I know this game won't be airing but if you have basic cable in Baton Rouge do you get the games? I only have 50 or so channels and have looked before and can't find it but perhaps I'm missing it. Just needed some help, not sure if people in Baton Rouge get the games on basic cable, or if it is not available, thanks.

Tickets are like six bucks on stubhub, fill the hive!

I've got my tix already.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    For anybody living in Baton Rouge, I have been watching most of the games at a friends and we are using a cable box so obviously we get fox sports New Orleans to watch, I know this game won't be airing but if you have basic cable in Baton Rouge do you get the games? I only have 50 or so channels and have looked before and can't find it but perhaps I'm missing it. Just needed some help, not sure if people in Baton Rouge get the games on basic cable, or if it is not available, thanks.
    The only place to watch the local broadcasts is not televising this game, nor is any national outlet.

SportSouth is covering for Atlanta, so those people will see it, as will some with LP.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Tickets are like six bucks on stubhub, fill the hive!
    i looked on stub hub for tickets and they start off at about $21. i did find some on ticketmaster that start off at $7 and the ones i might get are $9 ea. bc i need 4 tickets together.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Go to the Arena! GO TO THE ARENA!
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

Wtf? Great timing on this. Was really lookin forward to seeing Gordon play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat Hornets View Post
    i looked on stub hub for tickets and they start off at about $21. i did find some on ticketmaster that start off at $7 and the ones i might get are $9 ea. bc i need 4 tickets together.
    I have bought tickets on stubhub for 50 cents a piece for a couple games this year. They get cheaper as game time gets closer

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat Hornets View Post
    I normally get 2 but I needed 3 tonight so ended up getting 3 for $15 a piece of ticketmaster exchange.

Reason for this?

I will just watch it on league pass like I always do. Every game is on there unless it is on espn or nba tv. Only bad thing is, I will have to listen to the other teams announcers. But have been doing that the last couple years, when the Hornets did not have a t.v. contract.

I tried to buy the LeaguePass today, but Cox is closed for the holiday. No can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    I will just watch it on league pass like I always do. Every game is on there unless it is on espn or nba tv. Only bad thing is, I will have to listen to the other teams announcers. But have been doing that the last couple years, when the Hornets did not have a t.v. contract.
    Every team has a tv contract. Hornets was with Cox for 10 years, now Fox Sports. Dont know why they always used the other team's announcers.

I wished I lived closer to see them live more. They have already been in my neck of the woods though. Went to see them play in Chicago & Indianapolis like I always do. I was so pissed though because I didn't get to see Davis play at either game. It was nice to see so many Hornet fans at the Pacer game back in November. I assume it was mostly Kentucky fans there to watch Davis play.

Had something to do with Cox & their contract with Directv if I remember right. Everygame on league pass you can watch most of the games with one teams announcers or the other.

Thread Information