.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: How to make Eric Gordon Happy in the New Year

  1. #1
    OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    300

    How to make Eric Gordon Happy in the New Year

    Simple - Draft his Indiana boy Cody Zeller in the 2013 draft and all talk of him leaving will be moot. EJ is about all things IU... heck I bet if Isiah Thomas was our GM, as bad as he is, you'd hear nothing of the Gordon talk.

    PG - Gravy, Roberts
    SG - EJ, Rivers
    SF - Anderson, Aminu, Miller
    PF - Davis, Smith, Thomas
    C - Zeller, Lopez
    I love the Hornets, but now am all on board with the PELS.... Geaux Pelicans!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie713 View Post
    Simple - Draft his Indiana boy Cody Zeller in the 2013 draft and all talk of him leaving will be moot. EJ is about all things IU... heck I bet if Isiah Thomas was our GM, as bad as he is, you'd hear nothing of the Gordon talk.

    PG - Gravy, Roberts
    SG - EJ, Rivers
    SF - Anderson, Aminu, Miller
    PF - Davis, Smith, Thomas
    C - Zeller, Lopez
    We're going to look a lot better then that. Too much cap space to not have a better starting lineup then that...

  3. #3
    OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    We're going to look a lot better then that. Too much cap space to not have a better starting lineup then that...
    Agreed... Who are the max level guys available next summer anyways?

  4. #4
    Wake up, Mr. West! Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,398
    Gordon will be pretty down when we suck for Shabazz then.

  5. #5
    The Franchise Tip-Off's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cricketer's Arms Hotel
    Posts
    1,077
    Here is a better way to make him happy: just make sure his checks clear.

  6. #6
    How to make EJ happy?

    - Play better then Suns,
    - play better then Pacers,
    - limit Rivers minutes to 15~,
    - A.D. have to win Rookie Of The Year,
    - improve 3PT defence,
    - get SF.

  7. #7
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    184
    Eric Gordon has played only ten games for the Hornets and some how the hornets has to make him happy? what a crazy world we live in

  8. #8
    I would take Cody Zeller or Victory Oladipo out of IU. Zeller is a fantastic scorer and could be a great 3rd big man. Oladipo is a great athlete who can score in a lot of ways and defend multiple positions. I think either of these players could help us out immediately as bench players. Zeller requires no less than a top-5 pick, while Oladipo is a mid to late lottery guy, making him a more likely option if we improve with Gordon as we hope.

    Here's a highlight video:


  9. #9
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,100
    How about cheering for him once he makes it on the court tonight.
    Guys to watch out for (internet tough guys):

    jrdbrn


    Guys that know you are personally a coward despite never meeting you or holding a real conversation with you (psychic or stalker):

    BasketballNate

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    How about cheering for him once he makes it on the court tonight.
    Ding ding ding ding!!!! we have a winner. Gordon seems like a different person. Maybe he is happy to be here now so let's just support what we have on the court and let Dell handle the rest.

  11. #11
    OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    How about cheering for him once he makes it on the court tonight.
    You got it! Let's make him feel at home tonight. If he puts together another game like his first and stays healthy, I think the general fanbase will forgive and forget.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Leto View Post
    I would take Cody Zeller or Victory Oladipo out of IU. Zeller is a fantastic scorer and could be a great 3rd big man. Oladipo is a great athlete who can score in a lot of ways and defend multiple positions. I think either of these players could help us out immediately as bench players. Zeller requires no less than a top-5 pick, while Oladipo is a mid to late lottery guy, making him a more likely option if we improve with Gordon as we hope.

    Here's a highlight video:

    Where we going to draft we need a impact player I don't think that Zeller is that. Shabazz is what this team needs. Can you imagine Gordon driving and kicking out to Shabazz for three.

  13. #13
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,023
    I guess I'm the only pro-Luol Deng type around here. Must be cuz I'm not afraid of his contract.
    Tune in on Fridays at 12 noon for Sport-a-Facts with Ro Brown and Wednesdays at 1pm for Sports Revolution to hear me speak my mind on all things Saints and Pelicans related and more.

    Only on WBOK 1230 AM.

    Feel free to PM me for more details.

  14. #14
    @WhinyPhilRivers IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the ground
    Posts
    8,104
    I want Deng on this team. We need him!
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1992-93 Season Record: 52-30
    C Kevin Willis | PF Otis Thorpe | SF Robert Horry | SG Dell Curry | PG Johnny Dawkins
    Key Reserves: Robert Parish | Anthony Mason | Walter Davis | Terry Porter

  15. #15
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,023
    Good man.

    Name all the skills you want in a SF and Deng checks out.

    Good size and length? He's 6'8.5" and 220lbs with a 7' wingspan.

    Athleticism? Check.

    Defense? Check.

    Offense? Double check.

    Only "negatives" is that he's 27 going on 28. And carries a $12 mil salary number for the next two seasons. If it was 2014, he'd be a valuable expiring.

    I'm gonna need someone to talk me down from him more, cuz I'm not at all convinced why it's not a good idea. Is he not as on the table as previously thought?
    Last edited by Eman5805; 01-01-2013 at 06:04 PM.

  16. #16
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    309
    Win....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •