Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P:Ellis turns down...

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

NBA N/P:Ellis turns down...

A 2 year/24.8 million dollar extension offer from Milwaukee. Link from Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1164/monta-ellis

Sources tell the Journal-Sentinel that Monta Ellis recently turned down a two-year extension offer from the Bucks.
    Ellis has one year and $11 million left on his current contract. But he can opt out by June 20 and become an unrestricted free agent. In an effort to retain him, the Bucks reportedly made a two-year, $24.8 million extension offer -- thus turning his contract into a three-year, $35.8 million deal. It's a ton of coin for an undersized volume shooter that has been to the playoffs twice in a eight-year career, but Ellis apparently sees more himself getting more on the open market. He's been linked to the Kings and new coach Mike Malone, who worked with Ellis in Golden State.

He wants way to much $$$$ IMO. Thoughts?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If he knows he can get more cash elsewhere...

I don't hold it against anyone who doesn't want to spend more time than necessary in Milwaukee!

That is WAAAAAY more than he's even worth. He has to have something set up already to turn down that kind of dough, or else he's just tired of Milwaukee (can't blame him).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Players want long term deals to secure their future. Maybe it was the 2 years.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Lol. Derp.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    He must want out of Milwaukee something serious.
    @DanielVeuleman

If I were a player, Milwaukee would be the last franchise I'd want to play for; but if they were willing to give me that much, I'd make the best of it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

It's not a money issue. It's the environment that he wants to get out off.

Thread Information