Pelicans Report

Thread: Report: Bobcats have made substantial trade offer for DeMarcus Cousins

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

NBA Report: Bobcats have made substantial trade offer for DeMarcus Cousins

NBA GM wouldn't be specific, but says "if what I hear is true," Kings will have tough time turning down Bobcats' offer for DeMarcus Cousins.
    https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/stat...89119151771648

I wonder what the offer is?

It's the bobcats and kings. It's like two retards trying to screw a door knob.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

MKG lol? Other than that and picks, i'm not sure what they have to offer.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Other than MKG and draft picks, the Kings have no need for anyone from the Bobcats (at least anything that will help them advance a rebuild). Kemba, a pick, etc. for cousins, fredette or tyreke. I have no clue. Maybe Cousins and a guy like Fransisco Garcia.....
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

gotta have this years 1st rounder involved... probably a 1st rounder in 2015 as well, kemba, biyombo and henderson?

i assume theyd have to take back salmons awful contract in any deal

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd imagine they're sending Kemba, Biyombo, Warrick, and some first. If they're smart, they'll send this years and make sure they have a pick in 2014.

Probably taking Salmons contract on too.

If they really are selling a lot much out to them, then the Cats are stupider than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    gotta have this years 1st rounder involved... probably a 1st rounder in 2015 as well, kemba, biyombo and henderson?

i assume theyd have to take back salmons awful contract in any deal
    I don't think the Bobcats can give up their first unless the Kings swap with them. I would only give my first (this year) up if I keep MKG and Kemba.

They have Detroit's 1st rounder and I think another 1st rounder besides their own. I heard that MKG and Kemba were off limits, so the only way I can see a package being "tough to turn down" is a combination of those picks and Biyombo or maybe Henderson or Mullens, or that they offer to also take on Garcia's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    They have Detroit's 1st rounder and I think another 1st rounder besides their own. I heard that MKG and Kemba were off limits, so the only way I can see a package being "tough to turn down" is a combination of those picks and Biyombo or maybe Henderson or Mullens, or that they offer to also take on Garcia's contract.
    I wouldn't have a tough time turning that down.

Is Bismarck really that good to be an important part of a package for Cousins? I always thought he was a bit overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I wouldn't have a tough time turning that down.
    Neither would I. But we are talking about the Kings. I also think those picks are protected, which would make it even more LOL-worthy if they accepted it. Honestly, I'd laugh Charlotte off the phone unless Kemba or MKG were involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Is Bismarck really that good to be an important part of a package for Cousins? I always thought he was a bit overrated.
    His defense is sound and he can rebound. Can't score a lick though.

No way would I trade for Cousins. That guy has some serious problems. I say if you can make a significant trade for the right player this year do it. But I think we should use our cap room this off season on some quality depth.

They'd be pretty dumb to give up Kemba or MKG for Cousins imo.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    They'd be pretty dumb to give up Kemba or MKG for Cousins imo.
    ya no way mkg is going anywhere, the kid is just incredible, but cousins is a true center and has so much potential, the bobcats could replace kemba with someone like jennings who are basically the same player.

I also think that Cousins might be a special player. One thing he should improve though, is his shot selection. In my opinion, he's taking waaay too many long jumpers.

According to Hoopdata, he is attempting 4.4 shots from 16-23 feet and making them at a 29% clip

If he could just focus on dominating inside...

I agree even as well as Kemba has played the league is litter with PG's with his skillset. However a guys with Cousins "gifts" are so much more difficult to find.

Skilled, 7', 250+, can score from almost anywhere, can grab boards.

It's funny how his flaws are the only things that make him tradeable for the Kings. I mean, if he weren't dysfunctional, then why would the Kings ever let him go? Hell, if he weren't dysfunctional he'd have gone to the Wizards or Philly.

You guys overvalue Cousins

the bulls own the bobcats first this year

If you can trade anybody on that team (except MKG) for Cousins you do it. Especially, if you are the Bobcats. You just came off, historically, one of the worst seasons ever in history. Whats the likelihood thats this trade will set them back or knock them down any further than they've been as recently as last year. So what he ends up in the looney bin, what have you really cost your self? The chance to overpay Bismark Biyombo? This is a no brainer.

Starter
    Bobcats and Pistons 1st round, ej henderson, biyambo for Cousins and Garcia/salmons(salary dump) is as good a trade as they are going to get for cousins. No other team can provide 2 top 10 picks and young potential which we all know is a sticking point in NBA trades.
    if 2 first rounders, Favors, and devin harris can get you D-will then this is surely good enough for a troubled player that has had conflicts with team management for entire tenure.

Thread Information